Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Jenny Vrentas leaving the Jets beat?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Homer Queen is dead.

One by one they fall.

SAR I
    Haha. She spurned your request for a 3-some.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Coz is good guy. I know him a little, he went to high school with my sister.
    Does that mean you are a JTHS alum as well?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrlica3 View Post
    Does that mean you are a JTHS alum as well?
    I went to Delbarton.

Jets Insider VIP
    I went to Delbarton.
    Ahhh. Ridin' the Green Wave.

Hall Of Fame
    Ahhh. Ridin' the Green Wave.
    Yup. When did you graduate J Town?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yup. When did you graduate J Town?
    '91. I actually played football with Coz when I was a senior and he was a soph. So for anyone wondering if any of these writers ever played you now know that one exists.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Whore

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Whoreeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    EFF You, Tramp.....
    Totally uncalled for. Both of your parents did a real ****ty job. Take the rest of the night off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Totally uncalled for. Both of your parents did a real ****ty job. Take the rest of the night off.
    +1

Folks tend to forget she was doing her job... Well, I must say. I'll miss her...

Now it's on to the next job for her...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    +1

Folks tend to forget she was doing her job... Well, I must say. I'll miss her...

Now it's on to the next job for her...
    And good luck to her. Conor Orr seems to be a decent reporter.

Thank you

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Thank you. When fans like that chime in, don't wonder why she would ever leave the Jets beat in the first place. Again I wish her much luck & success with her new gig.

'91. I actually played football with Coz when I was a senior and he was a soph. So for anyone wondering if any of these writers ever played you now know that one exists.
    What position did Coz play? I'm guessing FB...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What position did Coz play? I'm guessing FB...
    Offensive Guard, same position I played. He was undersized but all heart. Got smacked around a bit in practice (like most sophomores do) but never gave up and never complained. It was tradition to remove the seniors at the end of their last home game so they could get an ovation from the crowd. The coaches would typically ask each of us who we would like to have come in to replace us and I chose Coz.

Offensive Guard, same position I played. He was undersized but all heart. Got smacked around a bit in practice (like most sophomores do) but never gave up and never complained. It was tradition to remove the seniors at the end of their last home game so they could get an ovation from the crowd. The coaches would typically ask each of us who we would like to have come in to replace us and I chose Coz.
    Very nice!! Thanks for the info...

So he (and you) should be a good resource on the Jets Guard play.

So how did Ducasse look to you this preseason?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Very nice!! Thanks for the info...

So he (and you) should be a good resource on the Jets Guard play.

So how did Ducasse look to you this preseason?
    Unfortunately the pro game today is a bit different than the HS game of 20 years ago. That coupled with the fact that NO ONE knows what the actual blocking assignments are (other than the players) makes it very difficult to evaluate.

That being said, I think his technique looked pretty sound and he appeared to be more comfortable in the position this year. In previous years he would look confused and often would wind up blocking nobody at all. If you are going to blow your assignment you need to at least block SOMEBODY, even if it's a seemingly worthless double team. If he is making mistakes this year he is at least making better mistakes. I heard he got beat a few times in the 4th game but I really did not watch too much of it so I am basing this on games 1-3 only.

There is a saying that you can hide a Guard but you can't hide a Tackle which is why he is probably better suited to be an OG. The only downside is that if you are moving a Tackle to Guard because he has slow feet it usually means he won't be able to pull effectively to block runs to the outside. I can't say that I have seen him pull to block any sweeps this preseason. Whether or not that is due to his inability, coaches lack of faith in the RBs to get outside, or me walking out of the room whenever they run a play to the outside is open for debate.

Unfortunately the pro game today is a bit different than the HS game of 20 years ago. That coupled with the fact that NO ONE knows what the actual blocking assignments are (other than the players) makes it very difficult to evaluate.

That being said, I think his technique looked pretty sound and he appeared to be more comfortable in the position this year. In previous years he would look confused and often would wind up blocking nobody at all. If you are going to blow your assignment you need to at least block SOMEBODY, even if it's a seemingly worthless double team. If he is making mistakes this year he is at least making better mistakes. I heard he got beat a few times in the 4th game but I really did not watch too much of it so I am basing this on games 1-3 only.

There is a saying that you can hide a Guard but you can't hide a Tackle which is why he is probably better suited to be an OG. The only downside is that if you are moving a Tackle to Guard because he has slow feet it usually means he won't be able to pull effectively to block runs to the outside. I can't say that I have seen him pull to block any sweeps this preseason. Whether or not that is due to his inability, coaches lack of faith in the RBs to get outside, or me walking out of the room whenever they run a play to the outside is open for debate.
    Thanks! What I saw of him I would agree with you..I thought he looked comfortable and solid. I also didn't see him pulling but like you said it could be just be design (or lack thereof) during the PS..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I was luke-warm on him at first, but Brian Costello has sort of grown on me, tbh.
    Personally think he's the best Jets beat write out there.

Not that there's much competition but he's good anyway.

Veteran
    First off i was joking....i could care less what beat reporter leave s....oh and let that be the last time my parents be mentioned by you clown

Jets Insider VIP
    First off i was joking....i could care less what beat reporter leave s....oh and let that be the last time my parents be mentioned by you clown

Oh snap. My man from Old Bridge going all Pathmark on the BM....Yo, they dont play in the OB.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Jenny's replacement, Conor Orr will be joining us on JetsInsider radio next week where everyone can give him a warm welcome.