Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Jenny Vrentas leaving the Jets beat?

Is Jenny Vrentas leaving the Jets beat?

I'm starting to wonder.....

Erik Manassy™ ‏@e_man
    “@Steve241b: @JennyVrentas I hope you're still covering NYJ.” >> doesn't sound like it > #giants ?
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

32s Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    @e_man Hey Erik... I'll be able to share some more info soon.

Hide conversation
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    3:58 PM - 1 Sep 12 Details

1h Erik Manassy™ ‏@e_man
    @JennyVrentas ok cool...
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

1h Craig Hoffman ‏@craiglaurasam
    @JennyVrentas no, don't leave us Jenny! We need your voice of reason on this crazy beat
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

1h Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    @craiglaurasam that's nice of u to say... Thanks
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

1h Tyler Moore ‏@Tyler_M_Sports
    @JennyVrentas a beat writer who responds to tweeters, that's something I don't see often. Stick with the Jets beat. haha
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Giants rookie David Wilson entering season with list of goals
    Published: Saturday, September 01, 2012, 4:56 PM Updated: Saturday, September 01, 2012, 5:17 PM
    By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

The Giants used their first-round draft pick on David Wilson, hoping the former Virginia Tech running back can help boost their ground game from last year's last-in-the-NFL rank.
    Turns out, the rookie has some expectations of his own, too.
    Wilson said he wrote out a list of goals for the season yesterday, five days before the Giants' season opener against the Cowboys. He sheepishly admitted that he doesn't have a printer, so he asked position coach Jerald Ingram to type it up and print it out for him today. Wilson plans to hang the paper in his locker.
    What's on the list?
    Wilson rattled it off: "Five yards a carry, at least 10 touchdowns, at least six 100-yard games, no sacks allowed on my behalf, no fumbles and at least a play of 20 yards."
    Wilson, who will play an important role as the Giants' No. 2 running back behind Ahmad Bradshaw, said writing down goals has always been important to him. By his count, each time he's prepared a list of goals, he's achieved at least 75 percent of them.
    "And there’s been a few times when I've achieved everything on that sheet," Wilson said. "Just having something written down, and knowing what you want to do, so you have a definition of success for yourself. You know what you are working for, instead of just going out there and playing."
    Wilson's list is ambitious. But he said he's not worried about the added pressure that could come with sharing his goals publicly.
    "No, because I hold myself so strong to achieve those goals," said Wilson, drafted 32nd overall. "When everybody else knows, it’s just that much more that lets me know I've got to achieve it, and puts that much more pressure on me. And I kind of like that feeling."
    Wilson had 28 carries for 131 yards in the preseason, a 4.7 yards per carry average. He didn't score or fumble, and his long run was of 26 yards. He started two games, while Bradshaw recovered from a hand injury.
    Next up is the regular season.
    "Now I know what to expect, so it’s not like butterflies, but it is more weight because it is a real game. But I think the nervousness is gone," Wilson said. "I heard it’s going to be a lot faster because it means a lot more. I know since it means a lot more, I’m going to be more pumped up, so I think it will balance out."
    Last edited by escamoter2; 09-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Well, hell.

The Homer Queen is dead.

One by one they fall.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Homer Queen is dead.

One by one they fall.

SAR I
    lol SOJF I

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh well. Didn't get the love affair some of you guys had with her. Thought she just looked good in comparison to the rest of the *******s we have covering the team.

I miss Tom Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol SOJF I
    I believe the News felt she simply wasn't needed this season. Here, I'll write the template for any reporter covering the Jets this year:

Jets Lose XX-X, As The Defense Can't Pitch Shutout
    Ryan says "Excuse goes here"

City Name Here: Different game, same result. The Jets flew into City Name Here with a XX game losing streak because of it's Negative Adjective Here offense and it leaves town with a loss for the very same reason.

While the Jets own the #X defense in the entire NFL, their offense can't move the ball, can't get first downs, and can't score. Mark Sanchez put up numbers that were decent on the stat sheet X-X-X-X-X but useless on the field as his only target, Name Of WR Here, was covered all day and his dump offs to Name of RB Here got him a high completion percentage and a few yards but not much more. "Unemotional sentence about preparation and film study goes here" Sanchez said, "Backpeddling correct statement about guys getting open goes here."

"Politically correct statement about playing as a team as he really hates the f-cking offense goes here" said defensive game captain Darrelle Revis, "Inuendo-laden double-talk about being one team and both sides of the ball taking responsibility goes here".

When Rex Ryan was asked when the offense would break out of it's funk, he said "Outright lies and nonsense about getting more involved in the offense goes here" and when asked if the offense would change things up next week when the Jets play the Name Of Eventual Winner Here he replied "Vague statement about teamwork and emotional praise for the defense goes here".

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

The Homer Queen is dead.

One by one they fall.

SAR I
    The Queen is dead, long live the Prince of Chicken Little Land. (-;

Honestly though I think ever since the Giants took back the Snoopy Bowl bragging rights from the Jets, it was a no brainer for Ventras. I wish her luck covering the other side of the stadium.

Veteran
    she's atleast better then that prick manish

I believe the News felt she simply wasn't needed this season. Here, I'll write the template for any reporter covering the Jets this year:

City Name Here: Different game, same result. The Jets flew into City Name Here with a XX game losing streak because of it's Negative Adjective Here offense and it leaves town with a loss for the very same reason.

While the Jets own the #X defense in the entire NFL, their offense can't move the ball, can't get first downs, and can't score. Mark Sanchez put up numbers that were decent on the stat sheet X-X-X-X-X but useless on the field as his only target, Name Of WR Here, was covered all day and his dump offs to Name of RB Here got him a high completion percentage and a few yards but not much more. "Unemotional sentence about preparation and film study goes here" Sanchez said, "Backpeddling correct statement about guys getting open goes here."

"Politically correct statement about playing as a team as he really hates the f-cking offense goes here" said defensive game captain Darrelle Revis, "Inuendo-laden double-talk about being one team and both sides of the ball taking responsibility goes here".

When Rex Ryan was asked when the offense would break out of it's funk, he said "Outright lies and nonsense about getting more involved in the offense goes here" and when asked if the offense would change things up next week when the Jets play the Name Of Eventual Winner Here he replied "Vague statement about teamwork and emotional praise for the defense goes here".

SAR I
    LOL..and your statement must be correct because everybody knows she works at "the News". at least you are entertaining...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... very sorry to hear this if true ...

l_j_r

Would be brutal to lose Vrentas and Boone. That would mean nobody left to just report facts.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 09-01-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    That would mean nobody left to just report facts.
    Well... Dick Seme~... nah, I can't even joke about that.

Hall Of Fame
    We're losing the media to the Giants?????????

Woody, sign Ochocinco and TO.

Get those blogs and backpages back.

SAR I
    One thing that will be a nice bonus to a strong start by the Jets will be you being wrong and paying the piper...and it could last all year if we have a season like 2010 or better, you may have to hold a JI press conference at some point to get everyone off your back...lol

Hall Of Fame

SAR I
    LOL.

That was a good one.

Hall Of Fame
    Covering the Jets is merely a stepping stone assignment for these journalists. The real destination is covering the Giants or Yankees.

Veteran
    From a reporter's point of view, the Jets are a much better team to cover. More access, more personalities, better quotes, more drama ... I doubt that covering the Giants is her preference.

Veteran

SAR I
    Classic

SAR I

SAR I
    Are you from the future? What's it like there?