Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Jenny Vrentas leaving the Jets beat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    From a reporter's point of view, the Jets are a much better team to cover. More access, more personalities, better quotes, more drama ... I doubt that covering the Giants is her preference.
    How do you know? Maybe she is a Giants fan? Maybe she is friends with some of the other Giants beat reporters..

And Jenny didn't get caught up in drama as much as the other Jets beat writers. There was more football related meat to her writing

Whatever the reason, sad to see her leave the the Jets beat. She did really good work.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 09-02-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Whatever the reason, sad to see her leave he the Jets beat. She did really good work.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I believe the News felt she simply wasn't needed this season. Here, I'll write the template for any reporter covering the Jets this year:

Jets Lose XX-X, As The Defense Can't Pitch Shutout
    Ryan says "Excuse goes here"

City Name Here: Different game, same result. The Jets flew into City Name Here with a XX game losing streak because of it's Negative Adjective Here offense and it leaves town with a loss for the very same reason.

While the Jets own the #X defense in the entire NFL, their offense can't move the ball, can't get first downs, and can't score. Mark Sanchez put up numbers that were decent on the stat sheet X-X-X-X-X but useless on the field as his only target, Name Of WR Here, was covered all day and his dump offs to Name of RB Here got him a high completion percentage and a few yards but not much more. "Unemotional sentence about preparation and film study goes here" Sanchez said, "Backpeddling correct statement about guys getting open goes here."

"Politically correct statement about playing as a team as he really hates the f-cking offense goes here" said defensive game captain Darrelle Revis, "Inuendo-laden double-talk about being one team and both sides of the ball taking responsibility goes here".

When Rex Ryan was asked when the offense would break out of it's funk, he said "Outright lies and nonsense about getting more involved in the offense goes here" and when asked if the offense would change things up next week when the Jets play the Name Of Eventual Winner Here he replied "Vague statement about teamwork and emotional praise for the defense goes here".

SAR I
    One of your best posts right here

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    As the Jets get back to work today, preparing for Week 1 vs. Buffalo, follow @ConorTOrr for updates from Florham Park.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As the Jets get back to work today, preparing for Week 1 vs. Buffalo, follow @ConorTOrr for updates from Florham Park.
    Going to be brutal without her. She's the only one that just reports facts.

Banned
    Whore

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The NFL regular season begins Wednesday night when the Giants open defense of their Super Bowl title against the Cowboys. And who better to get you ready for kickoff than The Star-Ledger's two NFL aficionados -- Mike Garafolo and Jenny Vrentas?

Mike has covered the Giants since the start of the 2004 season, guiding our coverage through two Super Bowl runs and a few other less-triumphant moments. And it's more than a little bittersweet that Wednesday's game will be Mike's last with The Star-Ledger. He's leaving to cover the NFL for USA Today.

But Mike would be the first to assure you that the Giants beat is in good hands. Jenny worked with Mike for two seasons (2008 and '09) before moving over to cover the Jets the past two years -- seeing them come within a hair of a victory in the AFC Championship Game and fading down the stretch of the 2011 season ... and everything in between.

So with our Google+ hangout live on NJ.com, we will salute Mike and welcome Jenny. Join us, sending your questions and tuning in live at 3 p.m. Wednesday, as Mike, Jenny and all of you get ready for the start of another Giants season.

Submit your questions or comments to be answered during the hangout by tweeting at Mike or Jenny, sending an email to sportsstarledger@gmail.com or by posting in the comments section of this post.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

Forget her. We don't need her.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Whore
    LOL.

SAR I

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Forget her. We don't need her.
    But we need at least one GOOD guy to cover the Jets. So far none in sight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    But we need at least one GOOD guy to cover the Jets. So far none in sight.
    I was luke-warm on him at first, but Brian Costello has sort of grown on me, tbh.

Jets fans, thanks for following, reading, responding and engaging over past 2 yrs. Been quite a ride. Your feedback has been so appreciated

I'll be moving over to Giants beat, where "big shoes to fill" doesn't say enough. @ConorTOrr is your new Jets beat writer. He'll be great.

Hall Of Fame
    Jets fans, thanks for following, reading, responding and engaging over past 2 yrs. Been quite a ride. Your feedback has been so appreciated.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I was luke-warm on him at first, but Brian Costello has sort of grown on me, tbh.
    Coz is good guy. I know him a little, he went to high school with my sister.

Conor Orr is Jenny's replacement and he is the best beat writer by default because all the other ones suck.
    on 2nd thought, Costello isn't bad either.
    thejetsblog.com is also solid.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets fans, thanks for following, reading, responding and engaging over past 2 yrs. Been quite a ride. Your feedback has been so appreciated

I'll be moving over to Giants beat, where "big shoes to fill" doesn't say enough. @ConorTOrr is your new Jets beat writer. He'll be great.
    Who is she replacing on the Giants beat?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who is she replacing on the Giants beat?
    Mike Garafolo, who went to the USA Today.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jets fans, thanks for following, reading, responding and engaging over past 2 yrs. Been quite a ride. Your feedback has been so appreciated.
    Whoreeee!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All League
    She's a goner.

Let's get on Conor Orr early and taint his mind with Jets BS. Try to keep him away from Cimini/Mehta douchey tactics.