Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYT: Ryan’s Latest Reclamation Project Stands Out Right Away

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Only the Jets see one half of play against 2nd and 3rd teams and declare a player a 'stand out'.

He looked better than Wayne Hunter. That is a 2 inch hurdle.
    Isn't that the first key hurdle? He costs the same as Hunter and played better. All we can say is that he played without a mistake on his first competition with the Jets. Which is all he can do at this stage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Isn't that the first key hurdle? He costs the same as Hunter and played better. All we can say is that he played without a mistake on his first competition with the Jets. Which is all he can do at this stage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Tell that to Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Only the Jets see one half of play against 2nd and 3rd teams and declare a player a 'stand out'.

He looked better than Wayne Hunter. That is a 2 inch hurdle.
    Considering Hunter's very first snap at LT in the Panthers game against 2's and 3's in the 2nd half was a total whiff on a pass rusher and yet another sack (on Tebow), that's good enough for me.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Smith was very impressive on Thursday. Not many players can step in and perform like that with one practice and one meeting with the team.

Of course, playing against 2nd stringers helped, but he went up against quality pass rushers that will be key players for the Eagles this year, or that they are high on for the future.

Smith showed a lot, his range was impressive, showed good push in the running game, defenders seemed to bounce off of him, and I loved how after every run, he was always the first OL'n to pick up the RB from the ground, throwing off defenders to do it. This has to be what Ryan saw, it was impressive.

Smith has me as excited as any other pick-up the Jets have had so far this year, that's saying something. I love his comments in this article too, maybe the pressure was too much, let him settle down, and climb his way back to the top, this kid has a chance to eventually become the starting RT, Howard has to still perform.
    Thanks Ray; I haven't had a chance to really watch the game. I did see Smith hustling and getting team mates off the ground.