Thread: Love My Team! What do you think?

Rookie

Love My Team! What do you think?

12 team league, standard scoring, WR/TE Flex
    Picking at 6th

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. Cam Newton
    3. MJD (reported to camp today)
    4. Steve Smith
    5. Dez Bryant
    6. Darren Sproles
    7. Pierre Garcon
    8. Jermaine Gresham
    9. Ben Tate
    10. Rashaad Mendenhall
    11. Jets (early run on D's)
    12. Toby Gerhart
    13. David Akers (way early here, but solidifies my starting line-up)
    14. Stephan Hill
    15. Isiah Pead
    16. Jerome Simpson (4 game suspension, 1yr contract)

I'll need to add/drop for a back-up QB, and TE but will wait out the first couple of games to see if any of my reserves flash...
    Contemplating trading Gerhart for Isaac Redman. This gives each team a handcuff at RB. My only concern is Dwyer going to get more touches over Redman?
    Last edited by AzJetFan; 09-02-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan View Post
    12 team league, standard scoring, WR/TE Flex
    Picking at 6th

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. Cam Newton
    3. MJD (reported to camp today)
    4. Steve Smith
    5. Dez Bryant
    6. Darren Sproles
    7. Pierre Garcon
    8. Jermaine Gresham
    9. Ben Tate
    10. Rashaad Mendenhall
    11. Jets (early run on D's)
    12. Toby Gerhart
    13. David Akers (way early here, but solidifies my starting line-up)
    14. Stephan Hill
    15. Isiah Pead
    16. Jerome Simpson (4 game suspension, 1yr contract)

I'll need to add/drop for a back-up QB, and TE but will wait out the first couple of games to see if any of my reserves flash...
    Contemplating trading Gerhart for Isaac Redman. This gives each team a handcuff at RB. My only concern is Dwyer going to get more touches over Redman?
    Not a fan at all. If you get Redman that is a huge upgrade IMO. I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Cam basket . 2nd year QBs do tend to fall off and his value is heavy on one of the oldest most injury prone WR in the league. You not only have to worry about Cam getting injured on a bad play but if Smith goes down your done as well. You can't take a QB like that and not draft a good BU.

RB I can't say I am a fan either. Good value on MJD but holding out of camp never ends well and he didn't even get his money. Spoles all I can say is this. No RB has ever had 7 passing TDs 2 years in a row. As a #2 back that is a bad gambit right there. Most of your best scat backs get 3-4 passing TDs a year and NOs is a huge question mark this year. Tate is not going to get as many carries this year either. Went way too early on both them IMO. If you get Redman that may save you don't know enough about Pead to make a comment. We all know Shotty will run Jackson into his grave so that could be a good one. Mendi I just hate at this point because he is not a very good fantasy player.

I like what you have. CJ and Dez are gold. Garcon will be a good #3. You can go week by week on Smith and Hill who may have some great games. Can't say I like Simpson though. I'd pick up Jarius Wright because he may end up with the best receiving #s on that team. Well under rated who will get a shot to impress early on. If he puts up good #s Minni will run with him. He is in the mold of DJax IMO.

All League
    Pretty good team in 12 team. I, like you, am happy MJD reported. But it will take a couple weeks for him to come around I bet. He isn't my number one though. I love Sproles. I like Came because he will run it in at least 10 times, but I'm not sure I like Smith for another huge year.

Rookie
    Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Never won the championship on draft day alone. There will be a lot of quick moves to make along the way, and a bit of luck involved as well.

All Pro
    I got burned by Chris Johnson last year so I avoided MJD this year. Personal bias on my part but I'd be concerned about a slow start (4 weeks or so).

I think Hill was not a value pick there. There had to be better WR options. Still, we're Jets fans and it was your 4th WR so no great shakes. Plus you can probably improve that easily enough after week 1.

I think it was very risky not drafting your backup QB. Newton, being a running QB, is probably at a slightly higher risk for a ding here and there that could IR him or just reduce his effectiveness for a week or two during the season. Sometime around round 9, certainly by round 12 I think you might have been better off grabbing a high QB2. Depending on your league, Cutler, Eli, Dalton or even Schaub (depending on how your QB1s played out) might have been a good pick. Now you're probably going to be choosing between the likes of Gabbert, Ponder and Bradford unless most of your league doesn't draft QB2s either.

I actually do like grabbing D and K a bit early ahead of the run when possible. Here's hoping your D puts up LOTS of points!