Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum says 'potential is there' for 'really good' team

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Adrian Jones' last year with the Jets was 2007. Pete Kendall was was traded in Tannenbaum's second season.

    Facts still aren't your strongpoint, I see.
    Jones' last year was 2005, Ferguson was drafted and took over in 2006

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...005_roster.htm

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...006_roster.htm

    Next time, stay in woods

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    He was on IR that year.
    Lol. McElroy should have been cut this offseason. The guy sucks.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Jones' last year was 2005, Ferguson was drafted and took over in 2006

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...005_roster.htm

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...006_roster.htm

    Next time, stay in woods
    You said Jones' last year with the Jets was 2005, yet you posted a link showing that Jones was on the team in 2006.

    Are you really that stupid?

    Oh look, Adrian Jones was a Jet until 2007, just like I said: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...J/JoneAd20.htm

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You said Jones' last year with the Jets was 2005, yet you posted a link showing that Jones was on the team in 2006.

    Are you really that stupid?

    Oh look, Adrian Jones was a Jet until 2007, just like I said: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...J/JoneAd20.htm
    The 2006 link shows that Jones was no longer the starter...

    Apparently you are really that stupid.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The 2006 link shows that Jones was no longer the starter...

    Apparently you are really that stupid.
    What? This is the worst spin job I've ever seen. You said, "Jones last year with the Jets was in 2005." You were wrong . . . as usual. Now you're giving me some mumbo jumbo about starting. Idiot.

    Then again, this is the same guy who said Santonio Holmes backed up Plaxico Burress in Pittsburgh. So, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

  6. #66
    If any GM in the NFL is living on borrowed time, it's Tannenchez.

    He bet (or traded) the farm for Sanchez and then put together a team around him that was designed to sell PSL's and win it all in 2010 or 2011. So far that hasn't worked out so well. The only thing Tannenbaum has going for him is that he's working for a spoiled little rich kid Owner who hasn't run anything in his life but his gold-plated choo-choos when he was a child.

    I said it in 2009 and I'll say it again. The Sanchez-Ryan-Tannenbaum era will not have a happy ending in the Meadowlands. Tannenbaum's contract is up in 2014, as, coincidentally, is Ryan's (Sanchez' contract technically runs until 2016 but nothing is guaranteed after 2013).

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    If any GM in the NFL is living on borrowed time, it's Tannenchez.

    He bet (or traded) the farm for Sanchez and then put together a team around him that was designed to sell PSL's and win it all in 2010 or 2011. So far that hasn't worked out so well. The only thing Tannenbaum has going for him is that he's working for a spoiled little rich kid Owner who hasn't run anything in his life but his gold-plated choo-choos when he was a child.

    I said it in 2009 and I'll say it again. The Sanchez-Ryan-Tannenbaum era will not have a happy ending in the Meadowlands. Tannenbaum's contract is up in 2014, as, coincidentally, is Ryan's (Sanchez' contract technically runs until 2016 but nothing is guaranteed after 2013).
    You call the Cleveland deal to move up "trading the farm?" I stopped right there. Trading some farm animals would be more like it. That was a tremendously good deal for the Jets, an absolute rape job on the Browns. Whether Sanchez achieves or not, it was actually a brilliant piece of work on trade day.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    If any GM in the NFL is living on borrowed time, it's Tannenchez.

    He bet (or traded) the farm for Sanchez and then put together a team around him that was designed to sell PSL's and win it all in 2010 or 2011. So far that hasn't worked out so well. The only thing Tannenbaum has going for him is that he's working for a spoiled little rich kid Owner who hasn't run anything in his life but his gold-plated choo-choos when he was a child.

    I said it in 2009 and I'll say it again. The Sanchez-Ryan-Tannenbaum era will not have a happy ending in the Meadowlands. Tannenbaum's contract is up in 2014, as, coincidentally, is Ryan's (Sanchez' contract technically runs until 2016 but nothing is guaranteed after 2013).
    Doesn't every GM in the league try and put together a team to win it all?

    I honestly don't understand the hate for Tannebaum. The NYJ have been highly competitive under his management and he consistently puts a quality product on the field. This years team is no different!

    Why the hate?

    A down year going 8 and 8?

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    If any GM in the NFL is living on borrowed time, it's Tannenchez.

    He bet (or traded) the farm for Sanchez and then put together a team around him that was designed to sell PSL's and win it all in 2010 or 2011. So far that hasn't worked out so well. The only thing Tannenbaum has going for him is that he's working for a spoiled little rich kid Owner who hasn't run anything in his life but his gold-plated choo-choos when he was a child.

    I said it in 2009 and I'll say it again. The Sanchez-Ryan-Tannenbaum era will not have a happy ending in the Meadowlands. Tannenbaum's contract is up in 2014, as, coincidentally, is Ryan's (Sanchez' contract technically runs until 2016 but nothing is guaranteed after 2013).
    You may be right about him going down with sanchez if he does not work out but the trade itself (moving to 5th overall for what we gave up) was an outright steal and some great GMing.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You said Jones' last year with the Jets was 2005, yet you posted a link showing that Jones was on the team in 2006.

    Are you really that stupid?

    Oh look, Adrian Jones was a Jet until 2007, just like I said: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...J/JoneAd20.htm
    Look a-hole, you come out of the woodwork to obviously fire off some kind of vengance with me in an argument that had nothing to do with you.

    Jones started one year, that was 2005, he was a nobody after that, I knew he started in 05, forgot he stuck with the team, doesn't change my point that Tanny had nothing to do with the player, it was Bradway that drafted him.

    Clarke was a move for a player drafted by Philly, Kendall was at a point in his career much like Faneca, and between Mangini and Tannenbaum, they didn't want the extra policing in the locker room, not a debacle, a move that didn't work out, but I understand why they did it.

    And the reason again you came out of the woodwork?

    Like I said, stay in the woods.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us