Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to Green Jets & Ham?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Now we just need know who "the man" is, and who was his dogs. Maybe hammer can let us know.... maybe

I want to know what's more to the story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the time ham was chased off the sight I had already stopped reading for a while because this place became too much of a hive mind. Many here didn't consider different opinions that may have not reflected their own with any sort of kindness or understanding.

With that said I don't know the story of what happened to ham but he was the best thing on jetsinsider and a very large reason I read the boards to begin with. Reading in general is something you do because it is entertaining and hams posts were the best on the board. I even liked reading his stuff more than many beat writers at that time. It saddens me that this place didn't treat him with enough respect to keep him around. It's a much worse place without him here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I want to know what's more to the story.
    Me too!

Silk get on that Brah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I never had a problem with him.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 09-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No idea about all the drama...it frankly sounds very silly to me.

But I do know that I always liked Ham. Didn't agree on politics, and didn't even always agree on the Jets, but I sensed, both in his public posting and some personal interactions we had, that he was a very decent dude.

I certainly can't say the same for the guy who, it seems, ended up as Ham's nemesis on the board. Just had a bad feeling about him from the moment he showed up around here, tooting his own horn and acting like he had everything all figured out when clearly he didn't. Just a total douche, in my opinion.

Best to you Glenn (I know you say you don't read the board...but just in case you take a peek )

And Silk, if you see this, please PM me and let me know where you guys are posting these days...I could use a change of scenery but am too lazy to look around much.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glen is O.K. in my book.

When you get pushed enough, eventually, you are gonna push back, that's just human nature.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Me too!

Silk get on that Brah
    I'm willing to bet it is a secretive as the lone gunman on the grassy Noll. Wondering if it will come out???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    But what did he think about Jarron Gilbert getting cut by the Bills?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy to see Ham is doing well, while I have no interest in reviving the events of a year ago everyone should know that there was/is no conspiracy, and JI's mod team and management always does what is best for the entire community.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    By the time ham was chased off the sight I had already stopped reading for a while because this place became too much of a hive mind. Many here didn't consider different opinions that may have not reflected their own with any sort of kindness or understanding.

With that said I don't know the story of what happened to ham but he was the best thing on jetsinsider and a very large reason I read the boards to begin with. Reading in general is something you do because it is entertaining and hams posts were the best on the board. I even liked reading his stuff more than many beat writers at that time. It saddens me that this place didn't treat him with enough respect to keep him around. It's a much worse place without him here.

He was all Jets football 24/7, those to me are the best posters. If I want to read fluff I go buy People magazine which I don't, but football was always Hammy's passion and that's why he garnered such respect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm happy to see Ham is doing well, while I have no interest in reviving the events of a year ago everyone should know that there was/is no conspiracy, and JI's mod team and management always does what is best for the entire community.
    This post and your sig fit perfectly together

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds very illuminati like, stop treating us like sheep

ATTICA!! ATTICA!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too new here to know who that is, but lol @ e-drama.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I smell damage control. This post is def of the political nature.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Good riddance.

He's personally responsible for the exodus of some of the best posters JI had.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I was one of the people that complained to Sean when my avatar was changed.. I have financially supported the site since day one but I don't want some Mod screwing with my account.. Now if I could screw with his then it could be fun.. I always liked Ham but he was not emotionally suited to be a Mod.. Neither was Klecko73isgod.. Or some of the others in years past.. I think two of the most honorable Mods ever that gave it up was Jumba and Warfish..
    The mods here do a good job, I should probably be a mod, it would force me to pull in the reigns a bit... But obviously, and admittedly, my emotional discipline would probably fail the first screening in any application.. LOL

But seriously, the mods here do a good job, and they deal with a LOT of crap, my crap too... And they let a lot of stuff go.. I can only imagine the discussions in the mod lounge, I'm sure some serious, and some funny stuff to.

I like that they allow rival fans come in, don't mind rival fans at all, it is the obsessive trolls that ruin the place, non-Jets fans, AND certain Jets fans.

And BTW, Ham was one of my favorite, would love to bump into him on another board. I missed the whole episode that got him in trouble here.. I do believe he was going through a tough time personally, which probably contributed o all of it. He put up with a lot, and he was a good Jets fan too. Miss that dude.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-02-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A week before the season and the top two threads are about a banned poster WTF

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm too new here to know who that is, but lol @ e-drama.
    This is nothing compared to past drama.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The mods here do a good job, I should probably be a mod, it would force me to pull in the reigns a bit... But obviously, and admittedly, my emotional discipline would probably fail the first screening in any application.. LOL

But seriously, the mods here do a good job, and they deal with a LOT of crap, my crap too... And they let a lot of stuff go.. I can only imagine the discussions in the mod lounge, I'm sure some serious, and some funny stuff to.

I like that they allow rival fans come in, don't mind rival fans at all, it is the obsessive trolls that ruin the place, non-Jets fans, AND certain Jets fans.

And BTW, Ham was one of my favorite, would love to bump into him on another board. I missed the whole episode that got him in trouble here.. He put up with a lot, and he was a good Jets fan too. Miss that dude.
    +1,000. However, only a jets forum has jets fans as trolls too