Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to Green Jets & Ham?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Now we just need know who "the man" is, and who was his dogs. Maybe hammer can let us know.... maybe

I want to know what's more to the story.

By the time ham was chased off the sight I had already stopped reading for a while because this place became too much of a hive mind. Many here didn't consider different opinions that may have not reflected their own with any sort of kindness or understanding.

With that said I don't know the story of what happened to ham but he was the best thing on jetsinsider and a very large reason I read the boards to begin with. Reading in general is something you do because it is entertaining and hams posts were the best on the board. I even liked reading his stuff more than many beat writers at that time. It saddens me that this place didn't treat him with enough respect to keep him around. It's a much worse place without him here.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I want to know what's more to the story.
    Me too!

Silk get on that Brah

I never had a problem with him.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 09-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.

All League
    No idea about all the drama...it frankly sounds very silly to me.

But I do know that I always liked Ham. Didn't agree on politics, and didn't even always agree on the Jets, but I sensed, both in his public posting and some personal interactions we had, that he was a very decent dude.

I certainly can't say the same for the guy who, it seems, ended up as Ham's nemesis on the board. Just had a bad feeling about him from the moment he showed up around here, tooting his own horn and acting like he had everything all figured out when clearly he didn't. Just a total douche, in my opinion.

Best to you Glenn (I know you say you don't read the board...but just in case you take a peek )

And Silk, if you see this, please PM me and let me know where you guys are posting these days...I could use a change of scenery but am too lazy to look around much.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Glen is O.K. in my book.

When you get pushed enough, eventually, you are gonna push back, that's just human nature.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Me too!

Silk get on that Brah
    I'm willing to bet it is a secretive as the lone gunman on the grassy Noll. Wondering if it will come out???

But what did he think about Jarron Gilbert getting cut by the Bills?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I'm happy to see Ham is doing well, while I have no interest in reviving the events of a year ago everyone should know that there was/is no conspiracy, and JI's mod team and management always does what is best for the entire community.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    By the time ham was chased off the sight I had already stopped reading for a while because this place became too much of a hive mind. Many here didn't consider different opinions that may have not reflected their own with any sort of kindness or understanding.

With that said I don't know the story of what happened to ham but he was the best thing on jetsinsider and a very large reason I read the boards to begin with. Reading in general is something you do because it is entertaining and hams posts were the best on the board. I even liked reading his stuff more than many beat writers at that time. It saddens me that this place didn't treat him with enough respect to keep him around. It's a much worse place without him here.

He was all Jets football 24/7, those to me are the best posters. If I want to read fluff I go buy People magazine which I don't, but football was always Hammy's passion and that's why he garnered such respect.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm happy to see Ham is doing well, while I have no interest in reviving the events of a year ago everyone should know that there was/is no conspiracy, and JI's mod team and management always does what is best for the entire community.
    This post and your sig fit perfectly together

Veteran
    Sounds very illuminati like, stop treating us like sheep

ATTICA!! ATTICA!!

I'm too new here to know who that is, but lol @ e-drama.

All League
    I smell damage control. This post is def of the political nature.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Good riddance.

He's personally responsible for the exodus of some of the best posters JI had.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I was one of the people that complained to Sean when my avatar was changed.. I have financially supported the site since day one but I don't want some Mod screwing with my account.. Now if I could screw with his then it could be fun.. I always liked Ham but he was not emotionally suited to be a Mod.. Neither was Klecko73isgod.. Or some of the others in years past.. I think two of the most honorable Mods ever that gave it up was Jumba and Warfish..
    The mods here do a good job, I should probably be a mod, it would force me to pull in the reigns a bit... But obviously, and admittedly, my emotional discipline would probably fail the first screening in any application.. LOL

But seriously, the mods here do a good job, and they deal with a LOT of crap, my crap too... And they let a lot of stuff go.. I can only imagine the discussions in the mod lounge, I'm sure some serious, and some funny stuff to.

I like that they allow rival fans come in, don't mind rival fans at all, it is the obsessive trolls that ruin the place, non-Jets fans, AND certain Jets fans.

And BTW, Ham was one of my favorite, would love to bump into him on another board. I missed the whole episode that got him in trouble here.. I do believe he was going through a tough time personally, which probably contributed o all of it. He put up with a lot, and he was a good Jets fan too. Miss that dude.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-02-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

A week before the season and the top two threads are about a banned poster WTF

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm too new here to know who that is, but lol @ e-drama.
    This is nothing compared to past drama.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The mods here do a good job, I should probably be a mod, it would force me to pull in the reigns a bit... But obviously, and admittedly, my emotional discipline would probably fail the first screening in any application.. LOL

But seriously, the mods here do a good job, and they deal with a LOT of crap, my crap too... And they let a lot of stuff go.. I can only imagine the discussions in the mod lounge, I'm sure some serious, and some funny stuff to.

I like that they allow rival fans come in, don't mind rival fans at all, it is the obsessive trolls that ruin the place, non-Jets fans, AND certain Jets fans.

And BTW, Ham was one of my favorite, would love to bump into him on another board. I missed the whole episode that got him in trouble here.. He put up with a lot, and he was a good Jets fan too. Miss that dude.
    +1,000. However, only a jets forum has jets fans as trolls too