Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to Green Jets & Ham?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    By the time ham was chased off the sight I had already stopped reading for a while because this place became too much of a hive mind. Many here didn't consider different opinions that may have not reflected their own with any sort of kindness or understanding.

With that said I don't know the story of what happened to ham but he was the best thing on jetsinsider and a very large reason I read the boards to begin with. Reading in general is something you do because it is entertaining and hams posts were the best on the board. I even liked reading his stuff more than many beat writers at that time. It saddens me that this place didn't treat him with enough respect to keep him around. It's a much worse place without him here.
    I like this site, but even the people who don't like Ham have to admit there is a void

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    This is nothing compared to past drama.
    Ah, I see. I've been on larger boards where there was a huge amount of drama (mods cheating on spouses with members, nude photos, micro penis discovery, etc) and it's just so silly. I understand arguments and such, but when people take message boards seriously it gets all lulzy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, say I guess that first post seemed too cryptic, seriously, I'm happy Ham is out there discussing the Jets as he loves that and is good at it. There really is no reason to go back a year to rehash the why's of the fact he is no longer here. The fact remains however tha Warfish just recently publicly lamented the end of his time here, and he was directly addressed in a very negative manner. I do not see any mods or Sooth ever attack Ham here, it's unfortunate how it ended but I'm pretty sure the subject does not need to be revisited.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Since we're on the subject of MIAs, what happened to JetsBabe?
    http://www.floridatoday.com/VideoNet...eo%7C%7Csports

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a cover up

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad to hear Ham is doing well and always enjoyed his posts. As for past drama, I'm kind of surprized anyone would care. Whats done is done, posters come & go all the time season in and season out. Kind of like NFL players only once a Jet fan always a Jet fan no matter who's board you play on. (-;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Probably one of the funniest farewell post of all time. I still laugh out loud at the "French Fried $agott" comment.
    I stole that from him and call my French buddy that all the time. It was epic

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Ham was a good dude. One bad day doesn't make the man. We all have one of those
    Agree. Over 41K posts and most were enthusiastic, and added to the forum...
    sort of harsh to perma ban a long standing member over an obvious meltdown out of frustration like this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I stole that from him and call my French buddy that all the time. It was epic
    Such a great line. Just comes of the tongue so nicely.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ham brought a lot to this message board. He wasn't one of the "negative nellies" who constantly seek attention, or one of the posters who try to hijack every thread. He knows his football, he loves his team, and he was a constant on JI, one that you would click on his threads to see what he wrote.

When everything is all said and done, we're all here because we love following the New York Jets. Let's try to argue less, and not take thing so personal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Ham brought a lot to this message board. He wasn't one of the "negative nellies" who constantly seek attention, or one of the posters who try to hijack every thread. He knows his football, he loves his team, and he was a constant on JI, one that you would click on his threads to see what he wrote.

When everything is all said and done, we're all here because we love following the New York Jets. Let's try to argue less, and not take thing so personal.
    Was a good poster for sure

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

I loved his insperational threads before a big game. They always got my juices flowing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was sorry to see Ham go, all guns blazing into the fiery inferno, as he was someone whose posts I enjoyed. He was one of the chief reasons I joined JI way back when. Ham was old school, with strong beliefs and a willingness to fight like a tiger for them, but always straight up and in your face. Agree that something kind of snapped toward the end, for reasons that were unclear. Glad to hear Ham has found a new niche. "The Pig is Ripe for the Slaughter!"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I should probably be a mod
    That would be KleckoIsGod73PartDeux

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I was sorry to see Ham go, all guns blazing into the fiery inferno, as he was someone whose posts I enjoyed. He was one of the chief reasons I joined JI way back when. Ham was old school, with strong beliefs and a willingness to fight like a tiger for them, but always straight up and in your face. Agree that something kind of snapped toward the end, for reasons that were unclear. Glad to hear Ham has found a new niche. "The Pig is Ripe for the Slaughter!"
    It's clear that there was something the mods aren't telling us. He uncovered the truth with something. I just know it!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those keeping a scorecard, my one and only ban came at the hands of Ham.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    It's clear that there was something the mods aren't telling us. He uncovered the truth with something. I just know it!
    The Truth Is Out There.

Trust No One

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So your saying he knew his $hit?

J/k

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    And what happened to FF2?
    self - imposed ghey banishment....drama freakin' queen...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL

That makes a lot of sense to me...