Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwight Lowery

Veteran

Dwight Lowery

Looks like he made Jacksonville's 53 man roster.

Always liked his toughness and he could tackle. Also had a nose for the ball.

But he was "Eric Smith' slow..

Beginning his 5th year. Time flies...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Looks like he made Jacksonville's 53 man roster.

Always liked his toughness and he could tackle. Also had a nose for the ball.

But he was "Eric Smith' slow..

Beginning his 5th year. Time flies...
    I have to disagree with this. Lowery was slow as a CB - not as a safety.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm not surprised he made the 53 considering he ended the season as one of their starting safeties.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I have to disagree with this. Lowery was slow as a CB - not as a safety.
    Lets say he was REALLY slow for a CB and slow for a Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Lets say he was REALLY slow for a CB and slow for a Safety.
    Lowery is a MUCH smoother athlete than Smith. And his speed is fine for a safety. Too bad we didn't keep him. The guy has very good cover skills.

Is Lowry better than Kyle Wilson?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Lowery is a MUCH smoother athlete than Smith. And his speed is fine for a safety. Too bad we didn't keep him. The guy has very good cover skills.

In Rex' defense, he likes safety's that hit.....doesn't keep cover guys like Lowery and Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Debatable.

Personally, I'd rather have Lowry than Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Debatable.

Funny I haven't commented in ages but this got me thinking, the fact that it's close breaks my heart

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker4TE View Post
    Funny I haven't commented in ages but this got me thinking, the fact that it's close breaks my heart
    You need to post more.

All Pro
    Not me for 3 yrs I we watched Lowry get picked on.. I just wish we would of moved him to safety.

I think people go over board on Wilson the guy isn't Revis or anything elite I get that.. But he is pretty solid for a nickel guy..

No question about it. Wilson is more athletic -- faster and stronger -- but Lowery has much better cover skills, ball skills, and instincts.

All League
    When they were so depleted at Safety last year, it really makes me think why they didn't try Wilson at S to get him on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Not me for 3 yrs I we watched Lowry get picked on.. I just wish we would of moved him to safety.

I think people go over board on Wilson the guy isn't Revis or anything elite I get that.. But he is pretty solid for a nickel guy..
    I just remember Lowry making a diving pass break up to win the game against Miami. Because Revis and cro are so good, Wilson gets picked on

All Pro
    I just remember Lowry making a diving pass break up to win the game against Miami. Because Revis and cro are so good, Wilson gets picked on
    Lowry being so bad is the reason we brought in Cro and Drafted Wilson. He was beyond terrible at Corner he single handily got picked on in games..

And that while he was playing outside. Wilson plays a Nickel Roll which is even a harder job.

How soon we forget Garçon completely dominating his ass in the 09 playoffs

Lowry being so bad is the reason we brought in Cro and Drafted Wilson. He was beyond terrible at Corner he single handily got picked on in games..

And that while he was playing outside. Wilson plays a Nickel Roll which is even a harder job.

How soon we forget Garçon completely dominating his ass in the 09 playoffs
    Lowery has started and played on the outside against MUCH better WRs than Wilson has been matched up on. The one time Wilson got put on a good WR -- Victor Cruz -- he got destroyed. He gave up the longest pass play in NFL history, and would have given up another long TD had Eli Manning not missed him on another big play. (Go back and watch the game, Cruz beats Wilson like a drum and is running wide open and Manning overthrows him).

If Cro or Revis go down, everyone will see just how bad Wilson is.

Hall Of Fame

If that were so, Wilson, now in his third year, would finally be able to learn to get his head around and find the ball. If that were so, the Jets wouldn't be playing him in the fourth quarter of preseason games, with the rest of the scrubs.

I've tried to like Wilson, and obviously he's improved from his horrendous rookie year, but I'm so sick of seeing him get beat on third downs, always trailing behind the play.

I'd MUCH prefer to have Lowery over Wilson, at least Lowery made plays. Name one play Wilson's ever made... and I'll counter it with last year's Cruz debacle. If he were a third-round pick, it'd be easier to digest.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If that were so, Wilson, now in his third year, would finally be able to learn to get his head around and find the ball. If that were so, the Jets wouldn't be playing him in the fourth quarter of preseason games, with the rest of the scrubs.

I've tried to like Wilson, and obviously he's improved from his horrendous rookie year, but I'm so sick of seeing him get beat on third downs, always trailing behind the play.

I'd MUCH prefer to have Lowery over Wilson, at least Lowery made plays. Name one play Wilson's ever made... and I'll counter it with last year's Cruz debacle. If he were a third-round pick, it'd be easier to digest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3dee...e_gdata_player

Does this count as a play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

I don't think you can learn ball skills. I think it's just instincts. We've seen plenty of athletic guys who couldn't play CB because of their lack of ball skills/instincts. Justin Miller comes to mind. Athletically gifted, but could not play CB worth a lick.