Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum + 2012 Off Season = Tim Tebow

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mike Tannenbaum + 2012 Off Season = Tim Tebow

    Rex and Mike T. conversations during training camp:

    Rex: "Hey Mike I noticed the O line looks awfully like last years group. Brandon has had surgury on both his hips, Wayne is a scub and Slauson is average at best...... Are we gonna get some help over there?"

    Mike: "Rex don't you remember what I did this past March? I got us Tim Tebow! O line is gonna be great now trust me!"

    Rex:"Oh yeah sorry Mike I forgot! My bad!"

    Rex: "Hey MT I was having lunch with Sanjay and we sorta agree the Wide Out Corps seems kinda thin, not alot depth or experience going on..... I'm scared."

    Mike: "I got your back Rexy.... I think that lap band surgery has effected your memory a little bit. I'll give you two name's Timmmy..... Tebow.....Were gonna put up crazy recieving numbers this season, probably lead the league, no worries!"

    Rex: "I think your right, I'm gonna re-visit Doc again this lap band does feel kind of tight. Thanks Mike!"

    Rex: "Mr. T whats up brother? Hey coach Lynn came to see me, he's having some concerns about Greene's lack of explosion and durability, McKnights conditioning and Powells' lack of snaps. What do you think?"

    Mike: Tell Lynn to relax and let me take care of the Running Back situation. Oh! Wait a minute..... I already did LOL! Tim "the wildcat" Tebow is in the building! Can you say GM of the year?

    Rex: "Sorry to bother you about stupid stuff MT, don't worry one more out burst from Lynn and he'll be coaching the practice squad guys faster than you can say D'Anton! LOL!"

    Rex: "Mike while on my way to the treadmill I over heard Mark and Nick talking about how we can really use a Blocking Tight End to help out our Offensive Tackles with protections and get our running game going. Should I be concerned?"

    Mike: "Rex once we unleash our secret weapon, and I know you know who I'm talking about, teams will wish they were as smart as us and jumped at the chance to get you know who. Blocking TE? We have something better......But we'll keep it quiet until Buffalo and then we'll shock the Football World! I can't wait.......Woody's gonna make me GM for life after we win this Super Bowl!"

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    :Sigh:


  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little over 20 posts a year, 1st post since 2010 and you waste one on this?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do people think this **** is funny?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregfromthebx View Post
    Rex and Mike T. conversations during training camp:

    Rex: "Hey Mike I noticed the O line looks awfully like last years group. Brandon has had surgury on both his hips, Wayne is a scub and Slauson is average at best...... Are we gonna get some help over there?"

    Mike: "Rex don't you remember what I did this past March? I got us Tim Tebow! O line is gonna be great now trust me!"

    Rex:"Oh yeah sorry Mike I forgot! My bad!"

    Rex: "Hey MT I was having lunch with Sanjay and we sorta agree the Wide Out Corps seems kinda thin, not alot depth or experience going on..... I'm scared."

    Mike: "I got your back Rexy.... I think that lap band surgery has effected your memory a little bit. I'll give you two name's Timmmy..... Tebow.....Were gonna put up crazy recieving numbers this season, probably lead the league, no worries!"

    Rex: "I think your right, I'm gonna re-visit Doc again this lap band does feel kind of tight. Thanks Mike!"

    Rex: "Mr. T whats up brother? Hey coach Lynn came to see me, he's having some concerns about Greene's lack of explosion and durability, McKnights conditioning and Powells' lack of snaps. What do you think?"

    Mike: Tell Lynn to relax and let me take care of the Running Back situation. Oh! Wait a minute..... I already did LOL! Tim "the wildcat" Tebow is in the building! Can you say GM of the year?

    Rex: "Sorry to bother you about stupid stuff MT, don't worry one more out burst from Lynn and he'll be coaching the practice squad guys faster than you can say D'Anton! LOL!"

    Rex: "Mike while on my way to the treadmill I over heard Mark and Nick talking about how we can really use a Blocking Tight End to help out our Offensive Tackles with protections and get our running game going. Should I be concerned?"

    Mike: "Rex once we unleash our secret weapon, and I know you know who I'm talking about, teams will wish they were as smart as us and jumped at the chance to get you know who. Blocking TE? We have something better......But we'll keep it quiet until Buffalo and then we'll shock the Football World! I can't wait.......Woody's gonna make me GM for life after we win this Super Bowl!"
    BORING and silly to say the least!

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... come on bro ... i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt ... and ready to offer a hearty chuckle ...

    ... you missed the golden opportunity for a line about sanjay bringing in the mr. glass wr from oak ... and at rb for lynn bringing in his kid ...




    l_j_r

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Why do people think this **** is funny?
    Right?

    Nothing to do in the bronx?

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez fellas ease up.

    Do you think the 1st thing Shakespeare wrote was good?

    You guys are brutal.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Point is the GM has done absolutely nothing to help the offense. Jets are going to have to win games 17-13, 10-6 in order to make this a season. Not gonna happen. Bottom line......Jets will not score enough points to win 7 games this season because the GM let this team take 3 steps back on O. Thankfully I live in Florida now to keep myself distracted from a 6-10 season in New York. I'll post post cards from the beach mid-season with an I told u so. Peace.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregfromthebx View Post
    Point is the GM has done absolutely nothing to help the offense. Jets are going to have to win games 17-13, 10-6 in order to make this a season. Not gonna happen. Bottom line......Jets will not score enough points to win 7 games this season because the GM let this team take 3 steps back on O. Thankfully I live in Florida now to keep myself distracted from a 6-10 season in New York. I'll post post cards from the beach mid-season with an I told u so. Peace.
    This has been a constant talking point here recently. I wont necessarily pontificate about what he has done, but I pose the question back at you. Who says these things needed to be addressed.

    The big things everyone is upset about, or seems to be:

    Blocking TE
    Identify for me, ONE TE in the league that is singled out as being an asset to his team for his blocking ability. Which of Gronkowski and Hernandez is a "blocking TE"? Who is the Giants' "Blocking TE"? I live in Baltimore and am thusforth submitted to Ravens' drivel. Last year they went to the AFCCG with Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson. Do you know which of those guys is the "Blocking TE"?

    WR Depth
    A semi-legitimate concern. I'll borrow Baltimore again. They went into that AFCCG with Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Lee Evans. You can make a modest point that they resultantly lost that game and you could probably even make a claim that it was because it was Lee Evans "dropped" that touch down but never-the-less, with that group of receivers, they made it to the championship game and were in position to win. Plus when this team is allegedly a ground-and-pound team, why does it matter that we go into the season with a former Super Bowl MVP, a physically talented but raw rookie, and unknown commodities in the third spot. That got another "ground-and-pound" team, the Ravens to being within a drop from the Super Bowl.

    RT
    This was a legitimate concern and to me should have been addressed. When Eric Winston when on the market, I would be lying if I said I didn't get a semi going. Figured it was a match made in heaven. Well the front office held their ground and didn't bite. Well hell, I thought, they are the ones working in the NFL, not me, I'll give em the benefit of the doubt. They got this new sunglasses at night guy coming in, he's coached lineman before, he knows more than me, go for it.

    Well, that didn't pan out. Wayne Hunter again defied everything I know about the laws of science and got worse. Who could have imagined right? Well something had to be done and I for one (again, not being a professional) didn't know what that could be. Obviously few teams are interested in trading their starting RT away. Even if they were the price would surely be a king's ransom. Nope, no problem. We will trade away the worst player on the roster for something MORE THAN a bag of balls and used tube socks. What we'll get in return is indeed a person who at one time was considered at least talented enough at the position to be considered a number 2 overall draft pick. Obviously the mighty had fallen but as we found out last Thursday, not as horrifically far as some of the sheeple on here would have you believe. No matter how you slice it, the worst person on our roster is gone, and we found at least for the time being one, if not two players that-as it would appear at this time- markedly improve what was a legitimate weakness. Yet to you, this is not nearly enough.

    Running Back
    Did you know only 12 running backs last year carried a football for more yards than Shonn Greene did. 5 of those backs were on teams that did not reach the playoffs. I wont try to tell you that I have been impressed with Greene, but to insist he is this piece of trash that doesn't belong on an NFL team is ludicrous. As for depth, I don't hate what we have. Joe McKnight showed us last year that he has big-play ability. Are their some chinks in his armor? Sure. I still think he is better prepared to be a number 2 than Powell at this point. Then there is the man himself who according to some, is ready to challenge for playing time. This doesn't seem like such a glaring weakness as some would have me believe.

    Oh and then there's your infatuation for Tim Tebow. If it is assumed by this Front Office that Tebow is here to compete for starting QB, we have a much bigger problem than Tebow being on the roster in the first place. What was done with Tebow move was to improve the roster by adding one of the most natural gutsy, hearty, football player that has come around in awhile. Not QB, football player. If this coaching staff is worth anything, they will find endless ways to use Tebow as a football player to improve the offense and score more points. We all saw last year what Tebow can do in the right circumstances. If the offensive staff can do anything to emphasize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses, he will be worth his weight in gold.

    If you feel to carry on your tired Pfail Strip speaking points all the other "experts" on here chose to stand by, go for it. But as I posted in another thread last night...

    If our GM is so bad, or so unqualified for the position. Can you imagine how bad you all would be? I suspect 9+ out of 10 of you have never coached a practice down of football beyond your kids' Peewee leagues. Why does that qualify you to criticize the moves, knowledge, or insight of professional football management officials?

    I know, derp derp, why can't we call into question the moves of this front office cuz we iz teh fans and pay their salaries. That's fine, but questioning moves is one thing.The blatant disrespect and immediate disqualification of what these NFL professionals do is entirely different and truthfully is embarrassing as a fellow fan.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Geez fellas ease up.

    Do you think the 1st thing Shakespeare wrote was good?

    You guys are brutal.
    You're right...but his post is still much ado about nothing.

    And the end of this season will be...all's well that ends well.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gronkowski might be the best blocking TE in the league. Hernandez is actually the better receiver (which is no slight to Gronkowski), because he's actually just an over-sized WR.

    Gronkowski is like an underweight O-lineman that can run and catch. He's a matchup nightmare because he's massive AND an excellent receiver. Corners could cover him, but would never be able to tackle him. Hernandez is actually able to beat corners as good as Cro when they're playing man.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Gronkowski might be the best blocking TE in the league. Hernandez is actually the better receiver (which is no slight to Gronkowski), because he's actually just an over-sized WR.

    Gronkowski is like an underweight O-lineman that can run and catch. He's a matchup nightmare because he's massive AND an excellent receiver. Corners could cover him, but would never be able to tackle him. Hernandez is actually able to beat corners as good as Cro when they're playing man.
    1. Most of New England's run game is zone stuff, inside trap, or run out of the spread (not necessarily relying on the TE as an in-line blocker) so how you can deduce Gronkowski's blocking abilities escapes me.

    2. THAT's ALL you took out of all of that?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    1. Most of New England's run game is zone stuff, inside trap, or run out of the spread (not necessarily relying on the TE as an in-line blocker) so how you can deduce Gronkowski's blocking abilities escapes me.

    2. THAT's ALL you took out of all of that?
    1. I'm not the one that's made that evaluation of Gronkowski. I follow a few scouts on Twitter and all of them have said that Gronkowski blocks on the level of an offensive lineman. I'll take their word for it.

    2. That's all I felt like responding to. Though I do find it odd that you try to compare our receivers to Baltimore's while ignoring the fact that Baltimore's leading pass catcher was not Boldin, Smith, Dickson, or Pitta. It was Ray Rice. If we had a back that averaged more than 70 receptions per year out of the backfield (at more than 9 yards per catch), that would add another element to our offense.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1. I'm not the one that's made that evaluation of Gronkowski. I follow a few scouts on Twitter and all of them have said that Gronkowski blocks on the level of an offensive lineman. I'll take their word for it.
    Fair enough. I haven't seen or heard any of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    2. That's all I felt like responding to. Though I do find it odd that you try to compare our receivers to Baltimore's while ignoring the fact that Baltimore's leading pass catcher was not Boldin, Smith, Dickson, or Pitta. It was Ray Rice. If we had a back that averaged more than 70 receptions per year out of the backfield (at more than 9 yards per catch), that would add another element to our offense.
    OK. I certainly understand your point RE Ray Rice's affect on the Ravens. There's no denying it. I suppose my point in comparison was that nowhere does it say you need to have 4 Pro Bowl receivers on your roster the way a lot of folks on here do in order to be successful.

    In short I am just befuddled about how so many on here have already written off the season without a down being played in anger.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Fair enough. I haven't seen or heard any of that.


    OK. I certainly understand your point RE Ray Rice's affect on the Ravens. There's no denying it. I suppose my point in comparison was that nowhere does it say you need to have 4 Pro Bowl receivers on your roster the way a lot of folks on here do in order to be successful.

    In short I am just befuddled about how so many on here have already written off the season without a down being played in anger.
    I think that our offense is going to suck, but that we can go 9-7 or 10-6 because of our schedule. Of course, that's only if the coaching staff doesn't try to force the "Ground and Pound" when it's not working.

    I think we're a 7-9/8-8 team, talent-wise. But that's not how things work in the NFL because of the unbalanced schedules.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregfromthebx View Post
    Point is the GM has done absolutely nothing to help the offense. Jets are going to have to win games 17-13, 10-6 in order to make this a season. Not gonna happen. Bottom line......Jets will not score enough points to win 7 games this season because the GM let this team take 3 steps back on O. Thankfully I live in Florida now to keep myself distracted from a 6-10 season in New York. I'll post post cards from the beach mid-season with an I told u so. Peace.
    Hey, another line of garbage straight off the radio, straight from some idiot shock jock, and some clown prognosticator who is paid to write, but knows absolutly NOTHING about the team...

    I really the media!!!!

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1. I'm not the one that's made that evaluation of Gronkowski. I follow a few scouts on Twitter and all of them have said that Gronkowski blocks on the level of an offensive lineman. I'll take their word for it.

    2. That's all I felt like responding to. Though I do find it odd that you try to compare our receivers to Baltimore's while ignoring the fact that Baltimore's leading pass catcher was not Boldin, Smith, Dickson, or Pitta. It was Ray Rice. If we had a back that averaged more than 70 receptions per year out of the backfield (at more than 9 yards per catch), that would add another element to our offense.
    I would like to see Greene get no more then the amount of carries he got last year(around 250) and give 150-175 carries to McKnight and Powell. Especially McKnight...cause IMO, he's the best receiver among the backs. McKnight is the best dual threat RB, when in the backfield. But it seems the CS is either not confident in his pass blocking. Or down on his decision making when he runs it. Maybe both.

    Even though Mcknight is no Rice or Forte...he does seem to have good enough pass receiving skills to catch 40 or so...if he played enough. In one game last year, he caught two that were in the 15 -25 yard range. I don't think the other RBs can do that.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I think that our offense is going to suck, but that we can go 9-7 or 10-6 because of our schedule. Of course, that's only if the coaching staff doesn't try to force the "Ground and Pound" when it's not working.

    I think we're a 7-9/8-8 team, talent-wise. But that's not how things work in the NFL because of the unbalanced schedules.
    I have higher expectations. I think the run game will look a lot better than it did in the preseason. There really was a lot of vanilla type stuff. Straight power, simple sweeps, dives, things like that. I think it's going to look and be a bit more successful. I also think its a much different offense than we've seen recently. Reminds me a lot more of what Charlie Weiss did here way back when, pulling multiple lineman, more draw concepts, etc. Really should play better with Greene's straight-ahead-ness. I am a Greene defender but I will agree that this is his make or break season. If he can't be successful with some of the man-man power stuff, he doesn't really have much of a future.

    As for the passing game, I already like what I've seen. Much easier throws, much more spacing, a little more diversity in routes and combinations, not forcing the Nacho into single-read situations. I won't completely ignore a perceivable lack of talent, but there's offensive stars on every team that at one point were considered "not talented" or JAGs. People here couldn't get their rocks off fast enough when Steven Hill was drafted and now he drops a couple of balls and "the front office didn't address a need." Kid's raw. Came from an option offense, who is surprised by this. But Demarious Thomas is just coming into his own now and I think within a year or two Hill can be special also. Coaching him up as quickly as possible plus perhaps finally utilizing DK81 the right way and trying to take advantage of Kerley's quickness, or possibly getting McKnight in space, this offense could be just fine. Plus the different ways Tebow can be used to create mismatches and the like. Nothing greatest show on turf or anything like that but better than it has been. Even if the amounts of 3-and-outs are reduced, its a huge improvement.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    This has been a constant talking point here recently. I wont necessarily pontificate about what he has done, but I pose the question back at you. Who says these things needed to be addressed.

    The big things everyone is upset about, or seems to be:

    Blocking TE
    Identify for me, ONE TE in the league that is singled out as being an asset to his team for his blocking ability. Which of Gronkowski and Hernandez is a "blocking TE"? Who is the Giants' "Blocking TE"? I live in Baltimore and am thusforth submitted to Ravens' drivel. Last year they went to the AFCCG with Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson. Do you know which of those guys is the "Blocking TE"?

    WR Depth
    A semi-legitimate concern. I'll borrow Baltimore again. They went into that AFCCG with Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Lee Evans. You can make a modest point that they resultantly lost that game and you could probably even make a claim that it was because it was Lee Evans "dropped" that touch down but never-the-less, with that group of receivers, they made it to the championship game and were in position to win. Plus when this team is allegedly a ground-and-pound team, why does it matter that we go into the season with a former Super Bowl MVP, a physically talented but raw rookie, and unknown commodities in the third spot. That got another "ground-and-pound" team, the Ravens to being within a drop from the Super Bowl.

    RT
    This was a legitimate concern and to me should have been addressed. When Eric Winston when on the market, I would be lying if I said I didn't get a semi going. Figured it was a match made in heaven. Well the front office held their ground and didn't bite. Well hell, I thought, they are the ones working in the NFL, not me, I'll give em the benefit of the doubt. They got this new sunglasses at night guy coming in, he's coached lineman before, he knows more than me, go for it.

    Well, that didn't pan out. Wayne Hunter again defied everything I know about the laws of science and got worse. Who could have imagined right? Well something had to be done and I for one (again, not being a professional) didn't know what that could be. Obviously few teams are interested in trading their starting RT away. Even if they were the price would surely be a king's ransom. Nope, no problem. We will trade away the worst player on the roster for something MORE THAN a bag of balls and used tube socks. What we'll get in return is indeed a person who at one time was considered at least talented enough at the position to be considered a number 2 overall draft pick. Obviously the mighty had fallen but as we found out last Thursday, not as horrifically far as some of the sheeple on here would have you believe. No matter how you slice it, the worst person on our roster is gone, and we found at least for the time being one, if not two players that-as it would appear at this time- markedly improve what was a legitimate weakness. Yet to you, this is not nearly enough.

    Running Back
    Did you know only 12 running backs last year carried a football for more yards than Shonn Greene did. 5 of those backs were on teams that did not reach the playoffs. I wont try to tell you that I have been impressed with Greene, but to insist he is this piece of trash that doesn't belong on an NFL team is ludicrous. As for depth, I don't hate what we have. Joe McKnight showed us last year that he has big-play ability. Are their some chinks in his armor? Sure. I still think he is better prepared to be a number 2 than Powell at this point. Then there is the man himself who according to some, is ready to challenge for playing time. This doesn't seem like such a glaring weakness as some would have me believe.

    Oh and then there's your infatuation for Tim Tebow. If it is assumed by this Front Office that Tebow is here to compete for starting QB, we have a much bigger problem than Tebow being on the roster in the first place. What was done with Tebow move was to improve the roster by adding one of the most natural gutsy, hearty, football player that has come around in awhile. Not QB, football player. If this coaching staff is worth anything, they will find endless ways to use Tebow as a football player to improve the offense and score more points. We all saw last year what Tebow can do in the right circumstances. If the offensive staff can do anything to emphasize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses, he will be worth his weight in gold.

    If you feel to carry on your tired Pfail Strip speaking points all the other "experts" on here chose to stand by, go for it. But as I posted in another thread last night...

    If our GM is so bad, or so unqualified for the position. Can you imagine how bad you all would be? I suspect 9+ out of 10 of you have never coached a practice down of football beyond your kids' Peewee leagues. Why does that qualify you to criticize the moves, knowledge, or insight of professional football management officials?

    I know, derp derp, why can't we call into question the moves of this front office cuz we iz teh fans and pay their salaries. That's fine, but questioning moves is one thing.The blatant disrespect and immediate disqualification of what these NFL professionals do is entirely different and truthfully is embarrassing as a fellow fan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us