Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Minute Kool Aid Thread !!!

Last Minute Kool Aid Thread !!!

Less than a week away ! We have a LOT to be excited about!

1. We have what looks to be .... A historically vicious defense led by the epitome of a blue collar , no nonsense in your face tough guy ... David Harriss.

2. We have two first round QBs on our roster ... And they will actually be on e field at the same time!

3. We have added an enforcer at safety that will make the likes of Welker think twice about growing over the middle.

4. We have three promising running backs, and one is sure to have a break out season.

5. We have what could be a groundbreaking new offense that no one else has seen yet!

6. We still have the best CB in the game ! And he is IN HIS PRIME!!

7. Our defensive line is YOUNG , STRONG, HUNGRY, and FAST!!

8. We have NOT predicted Super Bowl !! other teams are looking past us at this point!

9. We have vast potential in Stephen Hill ... And no broken down Veteran in front of him to impede his progress ! The speed of Hill and Gates are RARE and speak well for the deep passing game!

11-5 seems like a very real possibility ... Playoffs are very likely.

C A N T ... W A I T

.... Pass the purple Kool Aid !
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-02-2012 at 08:51 PM.

I've been fairly critical of the FO this off-season on a number of points. But I'll have to say I've been very pleased with a number of changes that have occurred (especially some of them in the last 2 weeks):

1. Trade of Hunter for Justin Smith - just a fantastic deal

2. Between Austin Howard and Justin Smith the RT position should be at least OK - which is a huge improvement over Hunter. This gives Sanchez more time to make his reads, helps the running game, etc. It's just good all around for the offense.

3. With the last 2 drafts the DL is looking monstrous ! It could be a real strength for this team - especially when combined with our stellar secondary. Heat on the opposing QB will be fun to watch this season.

4. Safety position was completely revamped with two strong additions (Bell & Landry) as well as 2 draft picks who show potential. A weakness from last year has been turned into a strength.

5. By adding Hill, Schilens and Gates, speed at the WR & return spots has increased dramatically.

Still some questions remain:

1. Will Sanchez continue his development and raise his level of play ? This is the biggest issue for the team's success.

2. Will the young WR group mature fast enough to help our passing game ?

3. Is this JAG group of running backs good enough ?

4. Can Tebow run an effective wildcat offense and coexist with Sanchez ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    4. We have three promising running backs, and one is sure to have a break out season.
    I'm not excited about the RB's. Not one bit.

5. We have what could be a groundbreaking new offense that no one else has seen yet!
    Can't argue with that.

8. We have NOT predicted Super Bowl !! other teams are looking past us at this point!
    About the best point you made.
    9. The speed of Hill and Tate are RARE and speak well for the deep passing game!
    Who is this mystery man Tate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm not excited about the RB's. Not one bit.

Can't argue with that.

About the best point you made.

Who is this mystery man Tate?
    Oooops ...brain fart ... Gates !

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Only part of this thread that means what it says.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Only part of this thread that means what it says.
    I am not excited! not anymore!

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro
    Why is the kool aid purple? Tanny F**ked up again. Fire that idiot.

Historically vicious defense? Versus what? Certainly not in the history of the NFL. Top 5-6 maybe. That's this year.
    Two first round QBs? Too bad neither plays like it. Now if was Luck and RG3 - that's something else.
    An enforcer at safety. One who will intimidate Welker - a future HOFer? Right.
    RBs? Worth a bag of donuts.
    Revis. All pro. Maybe best CB right now.
    OL -3 good ones. 2 - eh. All you need is 1 eh
    What is this fast defense. Harris? Pace? Wilkerson? Safeties?
    Hill - Potential. that means he hasn't done anything yet. Very unpolished.
    Gates? Achieved what?

That said. WEAK schedule. Outrageously weak. 10-6 at least. Playoff probably. SB? No way.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Tanny just picked up this guy on waivers. Can't have too many right tackles...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez has looked more confident....and more importantly.....more accurate then I've ever seen him.

We've always said that the Jets will only go as far Sanchez can take them. I think he's poised for a big jump this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    We are young:.........

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Wondering on the purple Kool-aid too. Is that to replace the and tell us the entire post was sarcastic? Dunnie you are not normally the most upbeat guy here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Sanchez has looked more confident....and more importantly.....more accurate then I've ever seen him.

We've always said that the Jets will only go as far Sanchez can take them. I think he's poised for a big jump this year.
    But do you think he has adequate weapons to throw to or adequate RB's who can help compliment the passing game?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Wondering on the purple Kool-aid too. Is that to replace the and tell us the entire post was sarcastic? Dunnie you are not normally the most upbeat guy here.
    I am trying to change my tune .. Temper the negativity until its really needed. Honestly, I realized at I was reacting a lot to the blind Sanchez followers that were posting anti Tebow messages for no apparent reason. I am NOT a huge Tebow fan, but Mark has not been stellar for some time. Both guys need to play well for us to win.

So I am trying to bring some positivity to the Jets universe, while still remaining objective. It can only help.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We are young:.........
    Heartache to heartache we stand:.........

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Heartache to heartache we stand:.........
    Benetar ... Really ?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I am trying to change my tune .. Temper the negativity until its really needed.
    There are certainly reasons for doubt and caution regarding the Jets, particularly on offense. I'm not thrilled with our RB's and the jury is out on our WR core. But that sort of thing is true for many teams going into the season. Some teams are relying on big names that have lost a step, or on new QB's that have been untested. Very few teams are coming into the season without question marks and areas that are untested/unknown.

I think the Jets have a legitimate chance to do well, and if they avoid significant injuries, they have every much of a chance to be a contender as a team like Buffalo or Carolina, or KC.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Tanny just picked up this guy on waivers. Can't have too many right tackles...

It's about time he started addressing the real issues. I hope he was the BPA, and not just brought in for the media attention.