Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Plax tid bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

F plaxico.. here's what he said back in June when he still thought teams would come running to sign him

Plaxico Burress delivered a few more parting shots to the Jets yesterday as he continues his media tour while he looks for a job.

Burress appeared on ESPN’s “First Take” and was asked if he believes Sanchez is the quarterback to lead the Jets to a Super Bowl.

They just paid him, so I think they believe he is,” Burress said, referring to Sanchez’s contract extension in March.

Burress was then pressed whether he believes Sanchez is good enough to get the Jets to the Super Bowl.

“I think the defense will,” he said, taking a shot at Sanchez in the process. “I think they definitely have a Super Bowl defense.”
    The guy was a cancer in the locker room last year... I'll take the WRs we have now over him any day.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    F plaxico.. here's what he said back in June when he still thought teams would come running to sign him

The guy was a cancer in the locker room last year... I'll take the WRs we have now over him any day.
    Thanks for the reminder...last thing the Jets need right now is that type of stuff

We don't need him. There is a guy out there who scored 4, oh yeah, you heard it 4 touchdowns in only 15 games. He is available at vet minimum too. His name? Plaxico Burress. Awww yeah. Talk about production. Sign this beat.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that Plax was the ring leader of the locker room issues last year...his frustration about not getting the ball spread throughout the whole locker room...and teams know this that why he hasnt signed with anyone no one wants him.....
    At least he wanted the ball, and got the ball. It doesn't seem like anyone wants the ball enough to catch it this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    i hear we got this guy named Tebow for that redzone thing
    I'm a big supporter of this notion. But even I recognize that we need someone, Plax or not, out there to atleast present the threat (real or not) of potentially throwing a jump ball to back corner of the endzone.

no chance the Jets sign him after he turned down the opportunity to offer verbal support to Sanchez in the offseason

However Plax is still a valuable red zone WR. The problem is, can any team use a roster spot for a WR who can only play in the red zone and can't play special teams?

All Pro
    I can't believe we're not going to take a stab at another tall Wideout. D. Alexander would make sense. Hell, even a scarecrow would be an improvement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    We don't need him. There is a guy out there who scored 4, oh yeah, you heard it 4 touchdowns in only 15 games. He is available at vet minimum too. His name? Plaxico Burress. Awww yeah. Talk about production. Sign this beat.
    Burress scored 8 TD's last year.

Did Holmes like Burress?

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    At least he wanted the ball, and got the ball. It doesn't seem like anyone wants the ball enough to catch it this year.
    This place is getting to be worse then ESPN and NFL network....We have a bunch of Heath Evans's posting....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Burress scored 8 TD's last year.

Did Holmes like Burress?
    Yep. 4 in ONE game and 4 in the other 15.

All Pro
    We barely mustered up 1 over 4 games. I think it's time to stop acting like we've got a high horse to ride home. We've got sh*t.

I'll take Plax or any other legitimate redzone receiver and say thank you. Not the other way around.

Jets Insider VIP
    I see your point. That makes him less of a red zone target.

Tebow sucks in the red zone. No, seriously...he does. I wish I had the notebook I write all of this down in.

The Broncos were 27th or 28th in red zone offense with Tebow as the starting QB.

Tebow is UNSTOPPABLE inside the 5 yard line.

There's a big difference between being on the 20 and being on the 5.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

There's a big difference between being on the 20 and being on the 5.
    So? He's not going to be in there at the 20. He's going to be in there once the ticker says "1st and goal"

You know this too.
    Last edited by Paradis; 09-03-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I would bring him in just cause he could teach Stephen hill a thing or two about being a Big Receiver in this league.

Plus when we get inside the 20 he is a weapon..

I'm not sure if I would cut gates. I think being around Holmes and Kerley could go a long way in his progression.

But I think I wouldn't mind letting turner go.
    Other things he will teach Stephen Hill: how to avoid practice, how to fall asleep in team meetings, how to create a cancer in the locker room, how to shoot himself in the leg.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Get out.
    Isn't that Ray Ray standing right next to you?

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that Plax was the ring leader of the locker room issues last year...his frustration about not getting the ball spread throughout the whole locker room...and teams know this that why he hasnt signed with anyone no one wants him.....
    +1

I believe his agent was behind the anonymous quotes at the conclusion of last season season critical of Sanchez and the way the Jets coddled him. I addition I also believe that he and Santonio combined for a toxic attitude at the WR position that worked to the detriment of Sanchez.

These are the reasons I believe that Jets are so adamant as to why they do no want him part of the team this season.

Anybody hear what went on behind his statement that he would (or wanted to) play in Philly and why they passed? Was it just his arrogance thinking that Vick would lobby for another jail rat or did he have a connection there that got over-ridden?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    It's nothing revelatory, but..

At this point, I don't care anymore. All i know is we are seriously short 1 Redzone WR. Plax certainly provided that particular dimension last year.

If anyone dares to argue that "Gates" is a better use of a roster spot, I'll crush the nearest human. Know that that will be on your conscience.
    +1

We went from being a very good red zone offense last season to being a completely incompetent one. Going from Plaxico Burress to Patrick McCareins and Glass Schilens is a big reason why.