Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Plax tid bit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Plax tid bit.

It's nothing revelatory, but..

Plaxico Burress - WR - Jets
    Free agent Plaxico Burress isn't giving up hope of re-signing with the Jets.
    The NY Daily News has repeatedly reported that the Jets have "no interest" in re-signing Plax, but he's still holding out hope. "I understand they are going with young guys they want to groom and have long-term goals," Burress said. "Iím not a long-term solution. One year, maybe two." Plax "believe(s)" he's still going to catch on this year, and is willing to play for the NFL minimum.

At this point, I don't care anymore. All i know is we are seriously short 1 Redzone WR. Plax certainly provided that particular dimension last year.

If anyone dares to argue that "Gates" is a better use of a roster spot, I'll crush the nearest human. Know that that will be on your conscience.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

If anyone dares to argue that "Gates" is a better use of a roster spot, I'll crush the nearest human. Know that that will be on your conscience.
    Who could argue with this, my conscience is clear. Lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's the type of guy you sign after week 1 so you don't have to guarantee his salary for the year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would bring him in just cause he could teach Stephen hill a thing or two about being a Big Receiver in this league.

Plus when we get inside the 20 he is a weapon..

I'm not sure if I would cut gates. I think being around Holmes and Kerley could go a long way in his progression.

But I think I wouldn't mind letting turner go.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I don't care anymore. All i know is we are seriously short 1 Redzone WR. Plax certainly provided that particular dimension last year.

I think people here are overlooking our redzone shortcomings right now.

It is and will be an issue IMO.

Hill, Turner and Schilens is not going to scare anyone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no doubt in my mind that Plax was the ring leader of the locker room issues last year...his frustration about not getting the ball spread throughout the whole locker room...and teams know this that why he hasnt signed with anyone no one wants him.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, I get your point re: Plax, but to say Gates isn't worth a roster spot, when he'll probably be a large ST's contributor in the return game, both KR and PR, and has played under Sparano and does have a semblance of his system. Plax can't perform any of the duties Gates will on the team, and vice versa, so suggesting Plax is a better use of the roster spot is like saying Plax is a better use of the roster spot taken up by McKnight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a train left Chicago heading East with Chaz Schilens on it while at the same time Plaxico Burress started running a go-route West one could observe, on an atomic level, that it would take us all the way back to the Big Bang before Burress could achieve separation from his defender. This is just one of the many strange anomalies that surround us each and every waking moment.

In fact, if you took all the YAC that Burress generated in 2012 and laid it end-to-end you'd curiously find yourself still short of a first down.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i hear we got this guy named Tebow for that redzone thing

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    If a train left Chicago heading East with Chaz Schilens on it while at the same time Plaxico Burress started running a go-route West one could observe, on an atomic level, that it would take us all the way back to the Big Bang before Burress could achieve separation from his defender. This is just one of the many strange anomalies that surround us each and every waking moment.

In fact, if you took all the YAC that Burress generated in 2012 and laid it end-to-end you'd curiously find yourself still short of a first down.

but the only constant in that formula is Schilens being hurt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

Exactly. He would only be useful in the endzone. He's too slow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    but the only constant in that formula is Schilens being hurt.
    Yes! Hence the train.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burress will be more explosive than last year because he's in better shape. That's not saying much, since he's slower than molasses anyway, but it's something. He's still a viable situational player and he really knows how to play WR. I'm sure Stephen Hill could learn a thing or two from him (good and bad).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently went to an event held at Plax's high school in Virginia.

I spoke to a bunch of people and they said that he was very manipulative, even at that age.

I wonder if he was a catalyst to the problems.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Burress will be more explosive than last year because he's in better shape. That's not saying much, since he's slower than molasses anyway, but it's something. He's still a viable situational player and he really knows how to play WR. I'm sure Stephen Hill could learn a thing or two from him (good and bad).
    Braylon Edwards would have been the best WR FA signing we could have made this off-season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Braylon Edwards would have been the best WR FA signing we could have made this off-season.
    LOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really can't take one more offensive PI call from Plax

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I agree. But panties would have gotten in a bunch if I said that.

I've only seen highlights, so I could be wrong, but Braylon looks like he's lost a step. I don't see the separation. The big plays I've seen (and there's been a few), he's used his power (he's one of the strongest WRs in the league) and size to dominate. Luckily for him, there's not one CB in the league who can body him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Look, I get your point re: Plax, but to say Gates isn't worth a roster spot, when he'll probably be a large ST's contributor in the return game, both KR and PR, and has played under Sparano and does have a semblance of his system. Plax can't perform any of the duties Gates will on the team, and vice versa, so suggesting Plax is a better use of the roster spot is like saying Plax is a better use of the roster spot taken up by McKnight.
    Get out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    He's the type of guy you sign after week 1 so you don't have to guarantee his salary for the year
    Some team will pick up Plax after week 1.

He's got value for the endzone. In the EZ...Plax can still get that little separation, and with his height and wingspan, can catch TDs before the CB recovers.

But between the 20s, that little separation isn't enough for Plax to successfully run vertical routes. The CB has enough time to close and break up the pass or make the INT.