Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all you 'FICKLE' Jets fans who claim you're die hard.....

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorGreen View Post
    I'm not a well spoken man, well I guess I mean contributor to this forum. I can talk the talk but I can't walk the type written word very well.

The Jets are coursing thru my veins just like each one of you who bother to visit this forum. Our season is starting in a week, it's like being a child again on X-mas.

I have not cared one iota about the Jets preseason ever, all I have cared about is watching my team compete in real games. Be that to a 1 -15 season or to an 8-8 season or to the AFC championship game.

All this instant media access to everything Jets has unfortunately diminished the joy that I get by simply watching my team compete (Remember when you got one article a day in a physical newspaper to get you caught up on the Jets?)

I'd love to be able to unplug but I can't, maybe it's time to stop searching and reading everything about my favorite team and just wait until Sunday and immerse myself in 3 hours on the TV or 8 hours with my extended family.

I just want them to compete and for me to be happy, sad, excited, etc...
    Well said and well written.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    Jets fans have created a reputation for themselves, from fans cheering when their starting QB appears to go down with an injury (Pennington) to the fans booing their starting QB's introduction who brought them to back to back AFC championships. These acts of disloyalty aren't acceptable especially when you claim that you're a die hard season ticket holder blah blah blahhhh.

I know we're NY/NJ natives used to working hard and seeing results and we take no **** from anyone. However our passion should not let us become so negative.

Yes i know we are all scarred, we've been through it all we've seen it all except a Superbowl loss pretty much. But thats no excuse to be so god darn FICKLE!

Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

We have something special here, believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!
    I agree 100% unfortuantely people have a right to express themselves of course. I mean the constant borish refrain of i paid for X so i have a right to act any way I want is immature and insane!!!

IMO because you paid for something doesn't give you the right to put aside your humanity or your human decency. You are a Jets fan when you are cheering when Chad was injured at home?

You are cheering!!!!

You can't be a fan of the Jets; not for real. You can't be a fan of the men in the uniform who risk permanent physical injury every Sunday for your enjoyment.

I don't care who you are or how much money you make you can't buy character.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I agree 100% unfortuantely people have a right to express themselves of course. I mean the constant borish refrain of i paid for X so i have a right to act any way I want is immature and insane!!!

IMO because you paid for something doesn't give you the right to put aside your humanity or your human decency. You are a Jets fan when you are cheering when Chad was injured at home?

You are cheering!!!!

You can't be a fan of the Jets; not for real. You can't be a fan of the men in the uniform who risk permanent physical injury every Sunday for your enjoyment.

I don't care who you are or how much money you make you can't buy character.
    +10000000000000

Jets Insider VIP
    How about each individual fan root for there any way they want to. And how about you stop opening threads telling people how they should be a fan.

I'll never root for Tebow to get injured b/c it will never happen with Jesus protecting him.

Hall Of Fame
    I root for me.

Everybody I know buys me all this Jets crap.

Yay Me!!!!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have never and will never boo any player that wears a Jets uniform.

I have never and will never root for one of our players to play poorly or get hurt (same can't be said for some "optimists" here).

But I will not settle for mediocrity and I am not satisfied with "having a shot". I don't care if half the league sucks or is "in the same boat". We shouldn't aspire to be that. I miss George Steinbrenner. Never being satisfied is a virtue in sports.
    Do you honestly think the Jets are settling for mediocrity, as an organization? The fans that actually think guys can improve and don't want the house cleaned, after an 8-8 season, aren't settling for mediocrity, either. The HC has taken steps to improve his coaching, the players have done off-season work to improve their play and conditioning, and the FO has done what they can, to improve the roster.
    We, as fans, don't have to agree with moves that are made, or how a coach talks, or how the team operates their camp and pre-season. But, that does not mean the organization is settling for mediocrity. Everything they have done, since last season ended, has been to IMPROVE the team..... not rest on their 8-8 record....... whether we agree or not.
    If you're truly a fan..... you TRUST the organization to do their job, until they PROVE they can't..... not after a winless PRE-SEASON. They went to back to back AFCCGs, then tried to improve the team, to get them over the hump, which didn't work...... they have not SETTLED.

Jets fans have created a reputation for themselves, from fans cheering when their starting QB appears to go down with an injury (Pennington) to the fans booing their starting QB's introduction who brought them to back to back AFC championships. These acts of disloyalty aren't acceptable especially when you claim that you're a die hard season ticket holder blah blah blahhhh.

I know we're NY/NJ natives used to working hard and seeing results and we take no **** from anyone. However our passion should not let us become so negative.

Yes i know we are all scarred, we've been through it all we've seen it all except a Superbowl loss pretty much. But thats no excuse to be so god darn FICKLE!

Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

We have something special here, believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How about each individual fan root for there any way they want to. And how about you stop opening threads telling people how they should be a fan.
    Its not that...its the nonsense that gets spewed on the board...I cant think of any fan that hopes the Jets suck...but people on this board do and hope that to support there claim....so they could say "I told you so"...also people like you that support the "Tebow will be the starter by week 4" is nonsense and all the other asinine predictions before a single snap has been played...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How about each individual fan root for there any way they want to.
    This - with the exception of cheering when a player gets hurt (on any team). That's ridiculous.

if SAR sees this thread he'll take the time to remind you how much money he spends to go to games which makes him a better fan than you allowing him to boo all he wants.

All League
    It is an extremely fickle buch around here, no denying that. I always kind of thought it was a NY thing, but it's not really, it's a message board thing. The NFL is king of kings in the sports world, so has gathered a lot of fans that maybe don't know a lot about football other than a surface level, but have a lot to say. These are the people that get remembered on message boards, because their extermist opinion is easy to remember.

I will say one thing, this isn't the first, and won't be the last, thread like this, and while I wish more people were level headed about the Jets or the NFL in general, it just isn't going to happen, and these treads only bring people out of the woodwork.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    if SAR sees this thread he'll take the time to remind you how much money he spends to go to games which makes him a better fan than you allowing him to boo all he wants.
    I heard he uses his mothers money. Afterall, he still lives with her and he's a total pretzel muncher, basement dweller.

We have something special here,
    believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!

The bolded part is simply wrong. We have a great defence and an awful looking offense. This team overall looks worse than the teams of the last few years. You are just as big of a fan if you look critically at your team as if you are a raw raw guy who thinks the team is wonderful.

Jets Insider VIP
    oh...I'm not as big a fan as you 'cuz I don't have all this positivity towards them....f*ck that...they haven't won anything of consequence in 43+ years...I root for them but I'm kinda pessimistic....

Veteran
    I'm so excited to see the promised changes (*fingerscrossed*).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I agree with this post....this board has become a circus...You have pessimistic SOJF's who believe the season is done before a single snap has been played...you have fans who are fans of just the "backup QB"....... let me repeat that..."backup QB".......and want him to start...before a single snap has been taken because he is "a winner" and Sanchez is not even though he is 4-2 in playoffs and has a better record as a starter....you have people who analyze every single move such as cutting 7th rounders and make it seem like we just cut the next Ronnie Lott... You have people that hate Rex and his "big mouth"..and Tanny and his "bean counting" which is exactly what the media has lead you to believe.....and that "big mouth" and "bean counter has gotten us to 2 AFCCG's in 3 years.....its like a ticking timebomb....
    And then we have fans taking a shot at TEBOW every chance they get! Have you ever heard that in every stadium the backup QB is always in demand ? Welcome to the NFL! The grass is always greener on the other side. Fans wanting a backup QB to play is not unique to the Jets! Every team has experienced that at one time or other! Its just that some fans here can not resist a shot at their Public Enemy #1. I have said this before and will say it again: I do not care which QB takes us to a Super Bowl! The JETS are my only priority! GO JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Its not that...its the nonsense that gets spewed on the board...I cant think of any fan that hopes the Jets suck...but people on this board do and hope that to support there claim....so they could say "I told you so"...also people like you that support the "Tebow will be the starter by week 4" is nonsense and all the other asinine predictions before a single snap has been played...
    There you go again! Just can't get Tebow out of your mind! How is this for a prediction: You will never support Tebow even though he is a Jet ! I find that offensive and sickening! Just saying....

The only important thing is that the Jets win! Nothing else matters! individual statistics mean zilch! Winning a Super Bowl is why they play the game and everything else is considered losing! This is the ultimate team game! Hero worship is for other sports! GO JETS!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-03-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    There you go again! Just can't get Tebow out of your mind! How is this for a prediction: You will never support Tebow even though he is a Jet ! I find that offensive and sickening! Just saying....

The only important thing is that the Jets win! Nothing else matters! individual statistics mean zilch! Winning a Super Bowl is why they play the game and everything else is considered losing! This is the ultimate team game! Hero worship is for other sports! GO JETS!
    What are you talking about???...I have nothing against Tebow..I actually think he will be a good situational player for us...I just hate the nonsense predictions that hell be the starting QB by week 4......when the season didn't even start yet......its like the Jets said "when we start off 1-4 or 2-5 we will trade for this guy and put him in" Its like the Jets planned to start off with a ****ty record. I don't think the Jets plan for failure....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I was with you until the "we have something special here" part.

I like a lot about our team.

I don't like the WR or the RB personnel. They are not "special" IMO.
    When I say special I mean from top to bottom in the organization. A real coach we can hang on to with a top 5 def every year. A QB who has heart and the will to win with the talent to back it up. A GM who does all he can to improve this team and not to mention the best CB in the league