Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: To all you 'FICKLE' Jets fans who claim you're die hard.....

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    Jets fans have created a reputation for themselves, from fans cheering when their starting QB appears to go down with an injury (Pennington) to the fans booing their starting QB's introduction who brought them to back to back AFC championships. These acts of disloyalty aren't acceptable especially when you claim that you're a die hard season ticket holder blah blah blahhhh.

    I know we're NY/NJ natives used to working hard and seeing results and we take no **** from anyone. However our passion should not let us become so negative.

    Yes i know we are all scarred, we've been through it all we've seen it all except a Superbowl loss pretty much. But thats no excuse to be so god darn FICKLE!

    Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

    We have something special here, believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!
    Hey! teh it easy will ya! am tired of being the laughingstock of the NFL, Our GM has no idea what it takes to win these days in the modern NFL. sometimes you gotta swallow your pride and take a chance.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Hey! teh it easy will ya! am tired of being the laughingstock of the NFL, Our GM has no idea what it takes to win these days in the modern NFL. sometimes you gotta swallow your pride and take a chance.
    That is exactly what the JETS did in 2009, 2010. Sanchez, LT, etc... We were built to win in 2010 and did not. well so be it. I hear you, agree partially. We traded away too many picks and the picks we had, have not produced enough game changers for the 2011 season. Wilkerson and Wilson are our standouts??? OK.

    Now let's see where we are at but we seem to lack real depth in key spots which is a direct result our drafting and trading picks.


    Not sure why...but I believe we are a 10 win team.

  3. #43
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    staten island
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Hey! teh it easy will ya! am tired of being the laughingstock of the NFL, Our GM has no idea what it takes to win these days in the modern NFL. sometimes you gotta swallow your pride and take a chance.
    Yes you're tired of it because we jets fans gradually have befome conditioned to losing. NOW yes we do have something special, something we never experienced since the Parcells era which gave us all a taste and we fell short and never came close again. This time we've come so close twice, our coach our owner our gm out entire FO wants that silverware and mediocrity will no longer be accepted.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    Exactly, those aren't true fans, and they put a bad taste in my mouth when i head to the stadium and gotta sit next to guys like that.

    Seems like everyone of them needs to find something that they can rant about, instead of focusing on the positive aspects of this team.
    Well said!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How about each individual fan root for there any way they want to. And how about you stop opening threads telling people how they should be a fan.
    Wow, you're exactly the kind of fan he's talking about...well done pessimistic SOJF! You guys actually make it less fun for us fans that actually enjoy rooting for our team instead of dismantling them. I want to be reading posts from the excited fans and not the ones that tick me off as much as Pats and Giants fans do. This is fun for me and a diversion. So much negativity is off putting, especially since most of it lacks any substance. Threads like this are really important so we can band together every once in a while since the negative posters hijack every single thread.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The bolded part is simply wrong. We have a great defence and an awful looking offense. This team overall looks worse than the teams of the last few years. You are just as big of a fan if you look critically at your team as if you are a raw raw guy who thinks the team is wonderful.
    You have absolutely no clue on what the offense will look like. ZERO! Stop being a pawn to the clueless media in NY. Our starters played maybe 1 set of downs together all preseason. This could also be the best defense that ever suited up for the Jets - they actually have a chance to be special.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Threads like this are really important so we
    can band together every once in a while since the negative posters hijack
    every single thread.


    One of the most noticeable characteristics of this board is the constant

    negative banter between those with differing opinions. From what I've viewed,

    most of the derogatory remarks come from those posters who generally

    approve most of the team's moves, thus offering unconditional support to

    the team. These posters seem to have no tolerance for those who are more

    critical of all things Jets, whether it be of ownership, the coaching staff,

    or the players.
    In my opinion, it is the "positive" posters

    who are displaying most of the negativity on this board by feeling the need

    to chastise anyone not portraying the Jets in a positive light.

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    transplanted new yorker in maryland
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How about each individual fan root for there any way they want to. And how about you stop opening threads telling people how they should be a fan.
    how about not being a negative nancy just because?? i love my team & yes, IMO some of the guys here spit on all things jets like it's a hobby.. honesty i don't care what way you root for jets.. if the glass is always half empty why do the glasss half full guys make you cry for your right to be a wet blanket?? never mind, i think i answered my own question.. life is short, do what makes you happy..

  9. #49
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    staten island
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Well said!
    THANK U!, Im happy to see how well this thread was supported by the positive unfickle jets fans out there.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Recognizing the team's shortcomings and being critical of moves made by the team doesn't make a fan fickle.

    Just like blindly declaring a team to be 'special' doesn't make someone a good fan.

  11. #51
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/B]

    One of the most noticeable characteristics of this board is the constant

    negative banter between those with differing opinions. From what I've viewed,

    most of the derogatory remarks come from those posters who generally

    approve most of the team's moves, thus offering unconditional support to

    the team. These posters seem to have no tolerance for those who are more

    critical of all things Jets, whether it be of ownership, the coaching staff,

    or the players.
    In my opinion, it is the "positive" posters

    who are displaying most of the negativity on this board by feeling the need

    to chastise anyone not portraying the Jets in a positive light.
    So, you're saying the mods don't suck? Nice!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/B]

    One of the most noticeable characteristics of this board is the constant

    negative banter between those with differing opinions. From what I've viewed,

    most of the derogatory remarks come from those posters who generally

    approve most of the team's moves, thus offering unconditional support to

    the team. These posters seem to have no tolerance for those who are more

    critical of all things Jets, whether it be of ownership, the coaching staff,

    or the players.
    In my opinion, it is the "positive" posters

    who are displaying most of the negativity on this board by feeling the need

    to chastise anyone not portraying the Jets in a positive light.
    NOW THAT is a California way of looking at it and we approve!!!

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/B]

    One of the most noticeable characteristics of this board is the constant

    negative banter between those with differing opinions. From what I've viewed,

    most of the derogatory remarks come from those posters who generally

    approve most of the team's moves, thus offering unconditional support to

    the team. These posters seem to have no tolerance for those who are more

    critical of all things Jets, whether it be of ownership, the coaching staff,

    or the players. In my opinion, it is the "positive" posters

    who are displaying most of the negativity on this board by feeling the need

    to chastise anyone not portraying the Jets in a positive light.
    Normally I am a live and let live guy. You have your opinion and I have mine and if they are not the same then we get to dicuss things like intelligent adults on here.

    And then there are to Kool-aid drinkers who feel the need to slam their fellow Jets fans at every opportunity simply because those fans do not share the same "everything is sunny in Jets land" world view.

    These slams usually take the form of name calling, "Chicken little", "The sky is falling", "SOJF's", "not real Jets fans" and so on and so forth.

    I actually find it pretty offensive that the OP here is permitted to start thread after thread with no apparent goal other that to criticise other Jets fans for the manner in which they form and voice their opinions. As if the lord God Almightly himself had stepped down and given out some stone tablets on the subject to a small group of posters who then get to tell the rest of us how to think.

    Take your bullsh1t somewhere else.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    So, you're saying the mods don't suck? Nice!
    Read my last post. I am saying that you guys have fallen down on the job here.

  15. #55
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Normally I am a live and let live guy. You have your opinion and I have mine and if they are not the same then we get to dicuss things like intelligent adults on here.

    And then there are to Kool-aid drinkers who feel the need to slam their fellow Jets fans at every opportunity simply because those fans do not share the same "everything is sunny in Jets land" world view.

    These slams usually take the form of name calling, "Chicken little", "The sky is falling", "SOJF's", "not real Jets fans" and so on and so forth.

    I actually find it pretty offensive that the OP here is permitted to start thread after thread with no apparent goal other that to criticise other Jets fans for the manner in which they form and voice their opinions. As if the lord God Almightly himself had stepped down and given out some stone tablets on the subject to a small group of posters who then get to tell the rest of us how to think.

    Take your bullsh1t somewhere else.
    Sir...Sir...SIRRR....Amtrak has a Personal Responsibility clause...please place those sunshine posters on ignore. Let me give you an example: If I have to sneeze, i ask for a Kleenex, when I mean tissue.


    Make sense?

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Sir...Sir...SIRRR....Amtrak has a Personal Responsibility clause...please place those sunshine posters on ignore. Let me give you an example: If I have to sneeze, i ask for a Kleenex, when I mean tissue.


    Make sense?
    I understand that I have a personal responsibility to step around dogsh1t whenever I happen to see it on the sidewalk too. Does that also mean I am obliged forgive the dog owner because they probably have the IQ of a turnip?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    Jets fans have created a reputation for themselves, from fans cheering when their starting QB appears to go down with an injury (Pennington) to the fans booing their starting QB's introduction who brought them to back to back AFC championships. These acts of disloyalty aren't acceptable especially when you claim that you're a die hard season ticket holder blah blah blahhhh.

    I know we're NY/NJ natives used to working hard and seeing results and we take no **** from anyone. However our passion should not let us become so negative.

    Yes i know we are all scarred, we've been through it all we've seen it all except a Superbowl loss pretty much. But thats no excuse to be so god darn FICKLE!

    Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

    We have something special here, believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!
    But I paid 'x' for my season tickets so that gives me the right to do 'y' when I'm at the stadium.

    Including throwing D cell batteries.

  18. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    You have absolutely no clue on what the offense will look like. ZERO! Stop being a pawn to the clueless media in NY. Our starters played maybe 1 set of downs together all preseason. This could also be the best defense that ever suited up for the Jets - they actually have a chance to be special.
    You gotta love the media fan boys!

  19. #59
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I understand that I have a personal responsibility to step around dogsh1t whenever I happen to see it on the sidewalk too. Does that also mean I am obliged forgive the dog owner because they probably have the IQ of a turnip?
    Don't get me started on those fat people with government scooters; if I knew the XXL fries would earn me transportation...

    Hey a scooter could solve that dog doo problem. Anyway keep fighting the fight. It would have been horrible today if my father hadn't forced me to stop sucking my thumb...It worked for the SAT's, but he said no one wanted to see a movie usher, even a top-level movie usher, sucking anything in the dark. And he was right.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    You have absolutely no clue on what the offense will look like. ZERO! Stop being a pawn to the clueless media in NY. Our starters played maybe 1 set of downs together all preseason. This could also be the best defense that ever suited up for the Jets - they actually have a chance to be special.
    what? The starting offense played almost 3 quarters of one game and enough of the rest and did not score one friggin td.

    The defense will be great but like in other years will collapse if they are out there too much or if the offense gives up scores.

    The defense has the ability to be special? for sure. But we also have an offense and special teams as well.

    When people rag on fans for being critical and call them not true fans nothing could be further from the truth. It's total nonsense.

    Evaluate the team, applaud the good parts, look critically at the bad parts and win a championship.

    People that are perennial over optimists are just as bad as the negative nellies on this site.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us