Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all you 'FICKLE' Jets fans who claim you're die hard.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

To all you 'FICKLE' Jets fans who claim you're die hard.....

Jets fans have created a reputation for themselves, from fans cheering when their starting QB appears to go down with an injury (Pennington) to the fans booing their starting QB's introduction who brought them to back to back AFC championships. These acts of disloyalty aren't acceptable especially when you claim that you're a die hard season ticket holder blah blah blahhhh.

I know we're NY/NJ natives used to working hard and seeing results and we take no **** from anyone. However our passion should not let us become so negative.

Yes i know we are all scarred, we've been through it all we've seen it all except a Superbowl loss pretty much. But thats no excuse to be so god darn FICKLE!

Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

We have something special here, believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    Jets fans have created a reputation for themselves, from fans cheering when their starting QB appears to go down with an injury (Pennington) to the fans booing their starting QB's introduction who brought them to back to back AFC championships. These acts of disloyalty aren't acceptable especially when you claim that you're a die hard season ticket holder blah blah blahhhh.

I know we're NY/NJ natives used to working hard and seeing results and we take no **** from anyone. However our passion should not let us become so negative.

Yes i know we are all scarred, we've been through it all we've seen it all except a Superbowl loss pretty much. But thats no excuse to be so god darn FICKLE!

Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

We have something special here, believe in your team, support them. Act like the best friggin fans in the world!

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with this post....this board has become a circus...You have pessimistic SOJF's who believe the season is done before a single snap has been played...you have fans who are fans of just the "backup QB"....... let me repeat that..."backup QB".......and want him to start...before a single snap has been taken because he is "a winner" and Sanchez is not even though he is 4-2 in playoffs and has a better record as a starter....you have people who analyze every single move such as cutting 7th rounders and make it seem like we just cut the next Ronnie Lott... You have people that hate Rex and his "big mouth"..and Tanny and his "bean counting" which is exactly what the media has lead you to believe.....and that "big mouth" and "bean counter has gotten us to 2 AFCCG's in 3 years.....its like a ticking timebomb....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I agree with this post....this board has become a circus...You have pessimistic SOJF's who believe the season is done before a single snap has been played...you have fans who are fans of just the "backup QB"....... let me repeat that..."backup QB".......and want him to start...before a single snap has been taken because he is "a winner" and Sanchez is not even though he is 4-2 in playoffs and has a better record as a starter....you have people who analyze every single move such as cutting 7th rounders and make it seem like we just cut the next Ronnie Lott... You have people that hate Rex and his "big mouth"..and Tanny and his "bean counting" which is exactly what the media has lead you to believe.....and that "big mouth" and "bean counter has gotten us to 2 AFCCG's in 3 years.....its like a ticking timebomb....
    Exactly, those aren't true fans, and they put a bad taste in my mouth when i head to the stadium and gotta sit next to guys like that.

Seems like everyone of them needs to find something that they can rant about, instead of focusing on the positive aspects of this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    +++ a gazillion

GO JETS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO GIANTS!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a well spoken man, well I guess I mean contributor to this forum. I can talk the talk but I can't walk the type written word very well.

The Jets are coursing thru my veins just like each one of you who bother to visit this forum. Our season is starting in a week, it's like being a child again on X-mas.

I have not cared one iota about the Jets preseason ever, all I have cared about is watching my team compete in real games. Be that to a 1 -15 season or to an 8-8 season or to the AFC championship game.

All this instant media access to everything Jets has unfortunately diminished the joy that I get by simply watching my team compete (Remember when you got one article a day in a physical newspaper to get you caught up on the Jets?)

I'd love to be able to unplug but I can't, maybe it's time to stop searching and reading everything about my favorite team and just wait until Sunday and immerse myself in 3 hours on the TV or 8 hours with my extended family.

I just want them to compete and for me to be happy, sad, excited, etc...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorGreen View Post
    I'm not a well spoken man, well I guess I mean contributor to this forum. I can talk the talk but I can't walk the type written word very well.

The Jets are coursing thru my veins just like each one of you who bother to visit this forum. Our season is starting in a week, it's like being a child again on X-mas.

I have not cared one iota about the Jets preseason ever, all I have cared about is watching my team compete in real games. Be that to a 1 -15 season or to an 8-8 season or to the AFC championship game.

All this instant media access to everything Jets has unfortunately diminished the joy that I get by simply watching my team compete (Remember when you got one article a day in a physical newspaper to get you caught up on the Jets?)

I'd love to be able to unplug but I can't, maybe it's time to stop searching and reading everything about my favorite team and just wait until Sunday and immerse myself in 3 hours on the TV or 8 hours with my extended family.

I just want them to compete and for me to be happy, sad, excited, etc...
    +1
    Last edited by Sports; 09-03-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward more to tailgating than the actual game next week

i get what you're saying, though....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    +1
    wow...me and Ray agree. I have never boo'd the JETS. NEVER.

I remember when Chad went down in 2007 (2006?) and I shook my head and was talking to some young fans that NOW was Kellens chance. But a few fans in the bar were cheering. I was embarrassed for them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are drunk!
    [maybe not you, southpark. Hopefully, you're up to go jogging or something]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    You guys are drunk!
    [maybe not you, southpark. Hopefully, you're up to go jogging or something]
    Just walked the dog...now off to the golf course. 8am tee time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

+ 1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never and will never boo any player that wears a Jets uniform.

I have never and will never root for one of our players to play poorly or get hurt (same can't be said for some "optimists" here).

But I will not settle for mediocrity and I am not satisfied with "having a shot". I don't care if half the league sucks or is "in the same boat". We shouldn't aspire to be that. I miss George Steinbrenner. Never being satisfied is a virtue in sports.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    / \
    This guy gets it.

I hate when many in the crowd are too dumb to realize they are dissing and demoralizing their own team, (or they dont care, which is worse) drives me crazy.
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 09-03-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 million

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone of you who haven't missed a single snap since you were a child knows
    that for once this team that we love so dearly has something special. Why are we so dissatisfied? We are a fan base used to seeing zero exposure, the media used to not even know who the Jets were. We're used to being the laughing stock for god sakes.

+1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

That was beautiful

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I was with you until the "we have something special here" part.

I like a lot about our team.

I don't like the WR or the RB personnel. They are not "special" IMO.