Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: ex-Jets just signed...

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,640
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    That because they never gave him a chance. How do you run the ground and pound with the garbage we have at rb. In fact maybe we should cut Greene he has shown nothing since he got taken out of the
    colts afc championship game
    So then how can anyone say he was an upgrade over Powell?

    I agree. We have garbage at RB. But I don't think Gannaway was an upgrade over anyone.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,640
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So does this mean all the Tebow cloak and dagger stuff was just a waste of time?

    Wouldn't it have been more prudent to have practiced this a bit in a game preseason-game then trying to fool a team that was obviously going to do this?
    What does Jarron Gilbert have to do with our Wildcat?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What does Jarron Gilbert have to do with our Wildcat?
    Didn't he play against the Jets offense all pre-season? Doesn't he know what the Tebow package is going to look like?

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Didn't he play against the Jets offense all pre-season? Doesn't he know what the Tebow package is going to look like?
    ============================================

    No. he was on the team last pre season.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ============================================

    No. he was on the team last pre season.
    Sorry, my mistake then.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So then how can anyone say he was an upgrade over Powell?

    I agree. We have garbage at RB. But I don't think Gannaway was an upgrade over anyone.
    Whether he is or isnt if your running the ground and pound you need 4rbs the guy is big a type of RB that wears down defenses. This falls on Rex he should given this kid some chances to see what he could do. To cut someone who can play a role in a scheme your trying to implement is just plain stupid.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,541
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Whether he is or isnt if your running the ground and pound you need 4rbs the guy is big a type of RB that wears down defenses. This falls on Rex he should given this kid some chances to see what he could do. To cut someone who can play a role in a scheme your trying to implement is just plain stupid.
    Jets were probably trying to stash him on the PS, then if he's needed (injury elsewhere) you promote him. Better that than using up too many roster spots on the one position.

    If they need someone they can find a street free agent - RB's are plentiful.

  8. #28
    It's crazy how many ex-Jets are in the NFC West, with the exception of the 49ers.

    How many penalties you think the Rams will have a game now that they have Mulligan and Hunter?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,640
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Jets were probably trying to stash him on the PS, then if he's needed (injury elsewhere) you promote him. Better that than using up too many roster spots on the one position.

    If they need someone they can find a street free agent - RB's are plentiful.
    Yeah I was gonna say there are going to be RB's out there who can provide more than Gannaway can.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    It's crazy how many ex-Jets are in the NFC West, with the exception of the 49ers.

    How many penalties you think the Rams will have a game now that they have Mulligan and Hunter?
    I don't ave enough fingers and toes.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I don't ave enough fingers and toes.
    Nor enough letters.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us