Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Jets downplay Steve Johnson's success vs Revis- M. Florio

  1. #21
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Stevie Johnson numbers would have been a lot more impressive against Revis if he didn't drop a couple of passes.

    ... is this pointing out that he played well ... or poorly? ...










    l_j_r

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Stevie Johnson numbers would have been a lot more impressive against Revis if he didn't drop a couple of passes. Bills win that second game if Johnson holds on to the ball as he would have scored. For what ever reason S Johnson did as well against Revis as any WR. It was only one game and we have to see more before we can say it's a trend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73hi_bp1myY
    Yea and nick folk's numbers would be better if he didn't miss any field goals. What's your point?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... is this pointing out that he played well ... or poorly? ...
    l_j_r

    Both. He did give Revis alot of trouble in that last game. He also was jerk about the Plaxico Burress fake shooting in the leg(classless) . Your going to talk a big game , you have to catch the ball. It wasn't just one drop . He had another in the endzone big time receivers catch. He could have been a hero but turned out to be the goat.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGHuHMp9ceQ
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-03-2012 at 02:15 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Both. He did give Revis alot of trouble in that last game. He also was jerk about the Plaxico Burress fake shooting in the leg(classless) . Your going to talk a big game , you have to catch the ball. It wasn't just one drop . He had another in the endzone big time receivers catch. He could have been a hero but turned out to be the goat.
    He's the greatest of all time? What?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Yea and nick folk's numbers would be better if he didn't miss any field goals. What's your point?
    The point is he beat Revis like a drum . You assume a NFl WR that is that wide open, is going to catch it. YEs the Jets were lucky and Stevie Johnson numbers against Revis while impressive could have been a lot more.
    S Johnson has to stop trying to be a clown, and concentrate more on catching the ball first. He could have make a statement to the rest of the league with his performance against the best Cb. No one remembers those other catches, just the ones he didn't make.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-03-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The point is he beat Revis like a drum . You assume a NFl WR that is that wide open, is going to catch it. YEs the Jets were lucky and Stevie Johnson numbers against Revis while impressive could have been a lot more.
    S Johnson has to stop trying to be a clown, and concentrate more on catching the ball first. He could have make a statement to the rest of the league with his performance against the best Cb. No one remembers those other catches, just the ones he didn't make.
    Did you watch the game? I don't think I'd use the phrase beat like a drum

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's the greatest of all time? What?
    He caught those passes people will be still talking about what he did to Revis.(he would own a part of Revis Island) He didn't and no one remembers the good game he had on Revis. That little difference what separates the very good from the great one's. Dwight Clark drops that pass in the endzone. It changes how everyone remembers him .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.

  8. #28
    Johnson has had four good games against the Jets. He's looked terrible in preseason though. A lot of drops and running the wrong routes.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    He caught those passes people will be still talking about what he did to Revis.(he would own a part of Revis Island) He didn't and no one remembers the good game he had on Revis.
    But he didn't. Don't you get that?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    He caught those passes people will be still talking about what he did to Revis.(he would own a part of Revis Island) He didn't and no one remembers the good game he had on Revis. That little difference what separates the very good from the great one's. Dwight Clark drops that pass in the endzone. It changes how everyone remembers him .

    the Jets would've beaten the Raiders last year if we didn't miss a bunch of easy tackles on the McFadden and Moore touchdowns.

    if not for those missed those tackles, the Jets would've started the season 3-0 and probably would've made the playoffs, where maybe they would've gotten hot and gone on a SB-winning streak like the Giants.

    but people only remember the missed tackles against Oakland, nobody talks about how the Jets almost won the Superbowl.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Did you watch the game? I don't think I'd use the phrase beat like a drum
    That last pass HE was wide open. HE did beat Revis like a drum. He would have scored. Watch the tape again for some reason Revis is not even in the picture. he catches that every football fan is talking about Revis getting toasted with the game on the line.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    But he didn't. Don't you get that?
    Of course he didn't. Jets won the game. Still you can't make excuses that he didn't have Revis beat bad. Wouldn't go in any game counting on him dropping that wide open pass again.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-03-2012 at 02:43 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    yes.

    If.
    If Sanchez didn't fumble in the AFCCG, the Steelers would only have been up by 17.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
    Johnson has had four good games against the Jets. He's looked terrible in preseason though. A lot of drops and running the wrong routes.
    Stevie Johnson could be as good as he wants to be. Does he want to be or he is contempt to just getting paid. You have to have serious ability to be able to do what he did against Revis. ( doesn't happen at all as he pretty much controls the other teams top wr's)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    That last pass HE was wide open. HE did beat Revis like a drum. He would have scored. Watch the tape again for some reason Revis is not even in the picture. he catches that every football fan is talking about Revis getting toasted with the game on the line.
    How are you gonna even play the "what if" game? Is that what they do in raider nation? Does it make it easier to say..... Well if he would of caught that pass we would of won....... Oh well, moral victory gentlemen. It's a results based league. There are no points for second place gentleman.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Of course he didn't. Jets won the game. Still you can't make excuses that he didn't have Revis beat bad. Wouldn't go in any game counting on him dropping that wide open pass again.
    You can beat someone as bad as possible, but if you don't catch the ball, its hard to argue that point

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If Sanchez didn't fumble in the AFCCG, the Steelers would only have been up by 17.
    It's going to be a good matchup in week one. Stevie Johnson sort of delaying his release off the line of scrimmage gave Revis fits. Let's see what adjustments Revis makes this year to combat that. Or If Stevie still going to give him fits. Will find out those answers in less than a week.

  18. #38
    Lol. Even if he somehow beats Revis, good luck getting trucked by Landry over the middle.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,790
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Florio is a douche.
    It annoys me beyond belief that this guy is a multi-millionaire for writing a hyperbolic blog that was purchased by NBC.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If Sanchez didn't fumble in the AFCCG, the Steelers would only have been up by 17.
    that was Schotty's fault.


    if only Marty had pulled out 40 years ago

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us