Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to expect at the Dem Convention

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    So what will Romney/Ryan do to increase manufacturing? Please be specific and explain why you think their plan will work with evidence to support your arguments.

Whoring? LOL. Is that what repubs call it these days. I guess you never got laid until you got married and after that, only for procreation purposes.

In the event YOU haven't been paying attention (probable), here's the deal: virtually EVERY CEO if have heard lament the uncertainty with Obama as well as the effects of Obamacare and increased ridiculous regulation plus the green energy (non drilling) nnonsense. Romney's position is clear - keep money in the hands of those that create it and OUT of the hands of government IDIOTS - most of whom have never had a job or generated capital. Back to business not government. Let winners win. Obama is a loser. Worst streak of unemployent since pre WWII. It has NEVER been under 8% (currently 8.3%) in his reign. Never over 8% with GWB.
    Obama = job destroyer.
    Companies are putting capital overseas. Coke, Boeing, P&G, J&J, all the oils, Kraft, MacDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, HP, Dell, Pepsi, Colgate. And the list goes on. Reported daily. I follow this stuff (own some of the previous) - they have to make money somewhere. It ain't here.
    The only companies NOT going elsewhere are the big banks (can't compete because of rules ), railroads and electric utilities.
    Even Ford (the Focus is poised to overtake Corolla) is making that car in Southeast Asia where they have invested heavily in plant and jobs - not here.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Understood.

But...poor people aren't gonna stop f*cking. History shows that. So if you want to cut costs for Poor People Commie-Insurance...what do you do?

1.) Yell at them to stop f*cking and hope they listen
    2.) Abort
    3.) Pay for delivery
    4.) Tell baby it's not time to come out yet
    5.) Offer contraceptives
    6.) Discard free insurance program altogether
    See PK, you just don't get that it's not a black/white give-or-not-give scenario.

What would I do?

I'd have what our programs were intended to be, a Safety Net for the truly Poor and truly Disabled. Not a welfare universal taxpayer milking state.

I've written before at great length what "my" systems would be like, not going to regurgitiate it again here now. Suffice to say, the idea that being against Universal Comdom Care means I'm a "No Healthcare For Anyone But the Rich" is laughably simplistic, ignorant and inaccurate.

It's much cheaper to cover births and C-sections than cover condoms and pills. I don't understand why the left can't grasp this.

ANY law student who can't afford <$10 per month for birth control is a LOSER. $10 really. One less drink? A little less weed?
    Individual responsibilty. Want to have sex? Personal accountability.
    OR get condoms at PP.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Agreed, the half-season at the Farm almost killed the show IMO.
    IIRC, the never ending farm stint began when the Frank Darabont episodes ended. Hopefully the newish showrunner (Mazzera?) has his act together. The spoiler for season 3 looks very promising though.

+10000000000000000000000
    Not to mention the cost to society of having unwanted kids or kids to parents who clearly are not equipped to being decent parents and then the cost falls on society (no matter how much Warfish shouts about personal responsibility).

Doctor? Didn't know that. YOU should distibute free condoms and BC pills to ALL you patients. FREE. Out of you excesssive profit margins. Most doctors, as we all know, grossly overcharge.
    Hey my dentist gives out a free toothbrush, toothpaste and floss at each visit. Plus tickets to our local pro hockey and baseball teams.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Doctor? Didn't know that. YOU should distibute free condoms and BC pills to ALL you patients. FREE. Out of you excesssive profit margins. Most doctors, as we all know, grossly overcharge.
    Hey my dentist gives out a free toothbrush, toothpaste and floss at each visit. Plus tickets to our local pro hockey and baseball teams.
    I work for federal govt. The VA system, a system that is far superior to the private system you love and defend. So no i dont overcharge. The system I work for allows for direct negotiation with drug companies for their drugs (something that cuts costs dramatically, also something the drug companies dont like since they need to drive up costs so that their CEOs can continue to fly in their own private jets from their mansions to their weekend villas). The system I work for also has a good checks and balance system that reduces the need for unnecessary tests and procedures. We call it smart medicine supported by scientific data, fools like you call it rationing.

Most physicians do not overcharge. Dentists on the other hand...Your dentist will get reimbursed more for bridge work than a cardiologist will get for a cardiac cath despite the risks carried by each procedure. I guess thats why he can afford to give out free tickets.

So what will Romney/Ryan do to increase manufacturing? Please be specific and explain why you think their plan will work with evidence to support your arguments.

Whoring? LOL. Is that what repubs call it these days. I guess you never got laid until you got married and after that, only for procreation purposes.
    I can tell you what they won't do. They wont attack Boeing for opening a new plant in South Carolina. They won't support GE sending their jet engine production to China. They wont hold back domestic energy expansion to cowtow to environmental radicals. They wont spend billions on a green energy agenda that has never been economically viable.

We are in the midst of a budget and entitlement crisis. The Republicans won't pass a new entitlement like Obamacare that adds trillions to the debt in just the first 10 years. Just stopping the Obama agenda will go a long way toward getting this country back on the right track.

Romney has said that as president he wont stand for China manipulating their currency and stealing our intellectual property. That will help our manufacturers.

I work for federal govt. The VA system, a system that is far superior to the private system you love and defend. So no i dont overcharge. The system I work for allows for direct negotiation with drug companies for their drugs (something that cuts costs dramatically, also something the drug companies dont like since they need to drive up costs so that their CEOs can continue to fly in their own private jets from their mansions to their weekend villas). The system I work for also has a good checks and balance system that reduces the need for unnecessary tests and procedures. We call it smart medicine supported by scientific data, fools like you call it rationing.

Most physicians do not overcharge. Dentists on the other hand...Your dentist will get reimbursed more for bridge work than a cardiologist will get for a cardiac cath despite the risks carried by each procedure. I guess thats why he can afford to give out free tickets.
    Notice Ken does not deny being a privliged member of the 1% who pays as little as he can in taxes to support all these grand ideas he demands we (the majority middle class) must foot the bill for. He probably pays a lower % than you and I, just liek Mitt Romney.

Ken, like most Liberals, want what they want but do not want themselves to actually have to foot the bill for their policy desires. They want power over us, to force us to pay for his boondoggle ideas of the day, regardless of economic feasabillity or idealogical disagreements or silly things like freedoms and rights. To him, we're simpyl too stupid to think ro act for ourselves, we need him to decide what the greater good is, for us.

In short, Ken has no respect for the individual. He sees only society, and HIS version of the greater good as all that matters. In that vision, we (taxpayers) will cover everything anyone could ever want, condoms, house loan forgiveness, food, whatever, for as long as they ask for it, no strings attached. He, meanwhile, will save his own money via an overly complicated, works-for-the-1% tax accountant who will ensure he pays as little as he can lagally get away with.

It's a brillaint pyramid scheme. He gets to soothe his conscious with our dollars, whilst living the 1%'er lifestyle and his elite existence never caring for how these issues make us working stiffs work more and more of every year for him, for the state, and less and less for ourselves and our own betterment and that of our loved ones. It's not long now that we'll all be workign half a year before we get our first net dollar in take home after taxes.

And all the while, he, a 1%'er, will sit in his ivory Govt. Job tower, and call us "greedy" and "heartless" for wanting to keep a little more of our own money, and freedom, and rights. Because we don't want to pay for free condoms for the poor.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    See PK, you just don't get that it's not a black/white give-or-not-give scenario.
    Never said it was black/white, Fish.

Just saying that it's cheaper to provide condoms and avoid the high costs associated with poor people f*cking and having welfare babies.

That's all.

Just saying that it's cheaper to provide condoms and avoid the high costs associated with poor people f*cking and having welfare babies.

That's all.
    You know what could be even cheaper? Spay and Neutering our citizens! One time only costs, done on an industrial scale, to those we deem unworthy. That would save us billions in contaceptives, abortions, births and future fetal-life-forms costs.

Better yet, executions! For the mere cost of a single bullet, we could eliminate TRILLIONS in costs.

/sarcasm off.

Clearly, cost is not the only, nor most important, factor in all decisions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Never said it was black/white, Fish.

That's all.
    I heard a theory that the whole point was to HAVE the children. You know...more voters.

Perhaps Cromartie will chime in.

In (D) America:

Massachusetts judge approves taxpayer-funded sex change for inmate

Published September 04, 2012

Associated Press

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered state prison officials to provide taxpayer-funded sex-reassignment surgery to a transgender inmate serving life in prison for murder.

Michelle Kosilek was born male but has received hormone treatments and now lives as a woman in an all-male prison. Robert Kosilek was convicted of murder in the killing of his wife in 1990.

U.S. District Judge Mark Wolf is believed to be the first federal judge to order prison officials to provide sex-reassignment surgery for a transgender inmate.

Kosilek first sued the Massachusetts Department of Correction 12 years ago. Two years later, Wolf ruled that Kosilek was entitled to treatment for gender-identity disorder but stopped short of ordering surgery. Kosilek sued again in 2005, arguing that the surgery is a medical necessity.

In his ruling Tuesday, Wolf found that surgery is the "only adequate treatment" for Kosilek's "serious medical need."

"The court finds that there is no less intrusive means to correct the prolonged violation of Kosilek's Eighth Amendment right to adequate medical care," Wolf wrote in his 126-page ruling.

Prison officials have repeatedly cited security risks in the case, saying that allowing Kosilek to have the surgery would make her a target for sexual assaults by other inmates.

But Wolf, who was appointed to the federal bench by President Ronald Reagan in 1985, found that the security concerns are "either pretextual or can be dealt with." He said it would be up to prison officials to decide how and where to house Kosilek after the surgery.

Diane Wiffin, a spokeswoman for the prisons department, said the agency would have no immediate comment on the ruling.

"We are reviewing the decision and exploring our appellate options," Wiffin said.

In a telephone interview last year with The Associated Press, Kosilek said the surgery is a medical necessity, not a frivolous desire to change her appearance.

"Everybody has the right to have their health care needs met, whether they are in prison or out on the streets," Kosilek said. "People in the prisons who have bad hearts, hips or knees have surgery to repair those things. My medical needs are no less important or more important than the person in the cell next to me."

Wolf noted in his ruling that the Department of Correction's own medical experts testified that they believe surgery was the only adequate treatment for Kosilek.

The department's ex-commissioner Kathleen Dennehy testified that providing Kosilek the surgery would present insurmountable security concerns, but Wolf said Kosilek had proven that those purported concerns masked the real reason for denying surgery: "a fear of controversy, criticism, ridicule and scorn."

Kosilek's lawsuit has become fodder for radio talk shows and lawmakers who say the state should not be forced to pay for a convicted murderer's sex-change operation — which can cost up to $20,000 — especially since many insurance companies reject the surgery as elective.

Inmates in Colorado, California, Idaho and Wisconsin have sued unsuccessfully to try to get the surgery, making similar arguments that denying it violates the U.S. Constitution's protection against cruel and unusual punishment.

Wolf noted that Kosilek's gender-identity disorder has caused Kosilek such anguish that she has tried to castrate herself and twice tried to commit suicide, including once while on Prozac.

Kosilek's lead attorney, Frances Cohen, called the decision courageous and thoughtful.

"We feel very grateful that the judge listened very carefully to the medical experts and has given Michelle Kosilek what the prison doctors had recommended," Cohen said.
    I am sure Ken will be here shortly to explain why we owe this inmate this life-saving vital procedure, and how denying it would make us greedy and heartless.

All Pro
    What to expect...

Talk point after talking point.
    Lots of "The other guy is bad because..." instead of "I am good because..."

The VA is a joke. Have a friend - retired admiral - he pays privte rather than use the VA. Long wait. Weak talent. Sorry, that's the way it is.
    My dentist? Most people don't have dental insurance. Only 10% of my dentist's do. Civil service types. Wow, that's a surprise. More government employees on the glide. I guess I should figured you're a government employee. No pressure, no responsibility, easy money. You kill a patient - no problem, it's the government. No insurance payments by you. Tort reform? Nah.
    Hey, it's Dire Strights again. "Money for nothing". Civil service forever!! Educated, yes. responsibilty, no.

The VA should be privatized. I work for the USPS I buy my Dental Insurance it is much better then what the PS would provide. So far as Health Insurance goes if a person wants birth control or any other forms of birth control let them buy it themselves. Why should I or anyone else have to pay foy you. So far as the slut goes keep your legs closed.

Jets Insider VIP

lol
    My dad is a Korean War vet with medical problems, and has had nothing but problems dealing with the VA. Not a good example to use. He's had to get local politicians involved to cut through all the BS and red tape.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It was nice and classy that they honored that lifelong humanitarian Ted Kennedy.

I wonder if Mary Jo Kopechne's family was riveted to their TV.
    Of course it's downright comical that they have Charlie Rangal on to provided expert commentary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    It was nice and classy that they honored that lifelong humanitarian Ted Kennedy.

I wonder if Mary Jo Kopechne's family was riveted to their TV.
    Of course it's downright comical that they have Charlie Rangal on to provided expert commentary.
    Sponsored by Johnny Walker and Dewars.........

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    lol
    My dad is a Korean War vet with medical problems, and has had nothing but problems dealing with the VA. Not a good example to use. He's had to get local politicians involved to cut through all the BS and red tape.
    LOL! That is so misinformed and flat out ignorant. Get your facts straight.
    Thats why study after study the VA outperforms private healthcare in the USA in just about every measurable indicator of quality healthcare. Not only that but patient satisfaction at the VA exceeds that in the private sector.

Your father is the exception not the rule.

Are there waits? Sure, for non-urgent healthcare matters. But those who complain are typically those who do not have enough of a medical background to understand what is considered medically necessary and what is medically urgent vs elective.

When you consider the high quality of care at the VA and that its is done at a much lower cost/patient you will understand why the VA should be a model for what a basic govt provided/tax payer paid insurance offered to all should look like. If you want a cadillac insurance that wastes money people should have that option but pay for it themselves.

For the misinformed I suggest you read Phil Longman's Book, Best Care Anywhere: Why VA Healthcare is Better than Yours.

For those who prefer to remain ignorant and spout off nonsense about how the current state of private healthcare is the best dont bother.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...1.longman.html
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...376238,00.html
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/medicare/20...rnment-report/
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may...-turn-20100503

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    The VA should be privatized.
    Why, so it could provide lesser quality care at higher costs to fewer veterans?