Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: What to expect at the Dem Convention

  1. #61
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,992






    -

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,046
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post






    -
    go back to what, work?

  3. #63
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,134
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    go back to what, work?
    Win.

  4. #64
    How dysfunctional is the dem party and the people who vote for dems? Think about it---

    Their two top priorities are gay marriage and abortion.

    In other words, their endgame is a world without children.

    Do I need to go into the implications of that?

    And people still wonder why I call them moonbats.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    The VA is not in the US News rankings because no federal hospital is included. The VA doesnt hide any data. In fact because of its superior electronic records, data gathering at the VA is easy, efficient and accurate. Thats why the VA takes part in so many large clinical trials. As far as data regarding performance of the VA, clearly you did not read any of the articles. Studies with regards to the VA's superior performance are well documented in the New England Journal of Medicine as well as the Annals of Internal Medicine. Of course you need to read those to have an understanding.

    Of course you prefer anecdotal information rather than well organized studies published in the peer reviewed medical literature. I guess that cause Repubs like you dont like fancy things like studies and data with statistics. Thats just for those elitist snooty academic types, not for real guys like you.

    You have proven my point. You are clueless with regards to the VA and healthcare in general. Enjoy living life in absolute ignorance.
    I checked the VA site of "self evaluation". Imagine - self.
    Anyway, it show an overall positive rating of barely over 50% for the VA in aggregate. Some facilities higher, some lower. That's good? That sucks!!
    AND, it's self evaluation. "If some body says poor, uh, that's positive. Only patient dies counts as not positive."
    All I know is you are well educated but have chosen to retire quite early, as many other govermment workers have. There was an example on here of one person -gov worker -who uncovered substantial fraud. Good job by her.
    Most are on the glide. No pressure, no perfomance. A waste of money.
    Still, feel free to give out condoms or BC on the taxpayer nickel. You're already wasting why not follow through all the way.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I checked the VA site of "self evaluation". Imagine - self.
    Anyway, it show an overall positive rating of barely over 50% for the VA in aggregate. Some facilities higher, some lower. That's good? That sucks!!
    AND, it's self evaluation. "If some body says poor, uh, that's positive. Only patient dies counts as not positive."
    All I know is you are well educated but have chosen to retire quite early, as many other govermment workers have. There was an example on here of one person -gov worker -who uncovered substantial fraud. Good job by her.
    Most are on the glide. No pressure, no perfomance. A waste of money.
    Still, feel free to give out condoms or BC on the taxpayer nickel. You're already wasting why not follow through all the way.
    Did you read the studies i posted for fish published in the NEJM and Annal of Internal Medicine? Please do and then get back to me.

    Im still waiting for you to provide us with the studies published in the peer reviewed medical literature that supports your argument that the VA provides inferior care. Still waiting....waiting...waiting

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Did you read the studies i posted for fish published in the NEJM and Annal of Internal Medicine? Please do and then get back to me.

    Im still waiting for you to provide us with the studies published in the peer reviewed medical literature that supports your argument that the VA provides inferior care. Still waiting....waiting...waiting
    See Ken, this is (IMO) reflective of the problem with liberalism in general.

    You simply do not care at all about an individual. Individuals mean nothing to you. An Individual tale of woe is irrelevant to you.

    You look, and accept, only stats of the whole, of the collective, as holding any value. If 90 of 100 are handled acceptably, but ten are handled horribly, the ten means less than nothing to you, so much so that you seem to reject that any value can come from even discussing them. You reject in total all "individual" stories, experiences and problems and only accept the overall stats (stats, it should be pointed out, that are VERY easy to manipulate, same as in the Corporate World, and come with an entirely differnt set of criteria for judging "good" and "bad").

    I find this very reflective of the collectivist and anti-individual philosophy expressed by so many liberals. You specificly display this trait in a very acute form in these types of disagreements.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Did you read the studies i posted for fish published in the NEJM and Annal of Internal Medicine? Please do and then get back to me.

    Im still waiting for you to provide us with the studies published in the peer reviewed medical literature that supports your argument that the VA provides inferior care. Still waiting....waiting...waiting



    I, in fact, was quoting THE OFFICIAL VA REPORT, issued by themselves.
    The data admits they stink. Not outside data. THEIR OWN internal findings.
    But, please feel free to keep your head in the sand. You made an employment mistake. I guess it's admirable to show loyalty - even to a poor organization. Hey, some people work selling T-Mobile.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I, in fact, was quoting THE OFFICIAL VA REPORT, issued by themselves.
    The data admits they stink. Not outside data. THEIR OWN internal findings.
    But, please feel free to keep your head in the sand. You made an employment mistake. I guess it's admirable to show loyalty - even to a poor organization. Hey, some people work selling T-Mobile.
    I dont know what you are looking at but please show me which healthcare measures at the VA (not level of satisfaction)is inferior.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    See Ken, this is (IMO) reflective of the problem with liberalism in general.

    You simply do not care at all about an individual. Individuals mean nothing to you. An Individual tale of woe is irrelevant to you.
    .
    Individual tales are what they are individual tales. There will always be outliers. Public policy can not depend on individual tales of woe when the vast majority do not agree. There are over 300 million potential individual tales, policy can not be set on what each individual experiences. There are also many variables that may explain the "individual tale of woe" that is not being looked at.

    Funny you care about the individual tale of woe but you dont care about the individual tale of praise.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Individual tales are what they are individual tales. There will always be outliers. Public policy can not depend on individual tales of woe when the vast majority do not agree. There are over 300 million potential individual tales, policy can not be set on what each individual experiences. There are also many variables that may explain the "individual tale of woe" that is not being looked at.
    I disagree fundamentally. Individual tales can always teach teh collective system lessons on how to improve, where it's weaknesses are, and that they are, in fact, serving individuals, not a collective.

    Funny you care about the individual tale of woe but you dont care about the individual tale of praise.
    Quite the contrary. I mention often that my own Mother's individual tale of collective socialist medicine in the UK is a big part of whay I still get to enjoy her unique brand of enjoyable company.

    If I was close-minded and selective, I'd never bring it up, right?

    What I care about is the Individual. One way or the other.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I dont know what you are looking at but please show me which healthcare measures at the VA (not level of satisfaction)is inferior.

    It's their own site. They are poor on virtually ALL criteria. They do not CALL it poor BUT a 50% or so positive rating ain't good where I come from. Have that rating in the real world (not the la la land of government) and you'll be out the door.
    Enough. You have been exposed as a cover-up artist. Can't hid the truth. It may be uncomfortable, but man up.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    It's their own site. They are poor on virtually ALL criteria. They do not CALL it poor BUT a 50% or so positive rating ain't good where I come from. Have that rating in the real world (not the la la land of government) and you'll be out the door.
    Enough. You have been exposed as a cover-up artist. Can't hid the truth. It may be uncomfortable, but man up.
    Be specific, which criteria are you particularly bothered by.
    I have referenced two studies published in very respected peer reviewed medical journals (some of the authors were not even from the VA) who rate the care at the VA superior based on clinical measures that matter in the medical community.

    I want to know how you judge what is quality care and what is not. My gut tells me that you are one of of those fools who wants every available test done for your problem just because its available even if it makes no medical sense.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Be specific, which criteria are you particularly bothered by.
    I have referenced two studies published in very respected peer reviewed medical journals (some of the authors were not even from the VA) who rate the care at the VA superior based on clinical measures that matter in the medical community.

    I want to know how you judge what is quality care and what is not. My gut tells me that you are one of of those fools who wants every available test done for your problem just because its available even if it makes no medical sense.

    How about POSITIVE experience. It is a couple of hundred pages of ratings. The summaries (you know how to evaluate a summary, right?) cast a negative light on virtually ALL the VAs performance.
    Now maybe YOUR VA is #1 in the country. Buy still the worst facility in the area.
    Here in Charleston our VA is #10 in the US. Worst in the area.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    How about POSITIVE experience. It is a couple of hundred pages of ratings. The summaries (you know how to evaluate a summary, right?) cast a negative light on virtually ALL the VAs performance.
    Now maybe YOUR VA is #1 in the country. Buy still the worst facility in the area.
    Here in Charleston our VA is #10 in the US. Worst in the area.
    Positive experience is not a healthcare measure. Its a measure of personal satisfaction. Its subjective and has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of healthcare at the VA. As the two published studies i posted quality of care at the VA based on actual health care measures is superior. Nice try though.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Positive experience is not a healthcare measure. Its a measure of personal satisfaction. Its subjective and has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of healthcare at the VA. As the two published studies i posted quality of care at the VA based on actual health care measures is superior. Nice try though.

    Of course it is. A patient who says, "The doctor's and nurses here suck" is in fact a valid metric. The problem with many physicians ( even ones I have used in the past) is they know medicine but understand little else. Perception is a real measure. It's called attitude. Every business I know measures and values perception.
    If half the people say "You suck". Then guess what - You suck.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    In other words, their endgame is a world without children.
    lolz...there are days that I'm still surprised that you were ever cleared psychologically to serve in the National Guard.

    Yes. You're on to us. We want a world without children. That's why so many of us have children. It's just to throw off super sleuths like yourself, Jessie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us