Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: List 3 predictions for the Jets this season

1. Sanchez will have a 2:1 TD to Int ratio and will complete over 60% of his passes

2. Jets will open 4-4 and finish the season 10-6

3. Coples will put up double digit sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    1. If the Jets are to have the number 1 defense, than their rushing offense going to have to be near the top.
    Reason you have to have your offense move the ball consistently to let the defense rest. IF your offense getting off the field alot with three and outs ,eventually that will wear out your defense. No way you can have number 1 defense.

2 Jets will still have trouble matching up with Rb's and Te's in coverage.

3. The Jets pass rush isn't going to be a factor this year. Might down the road but not this year as it takes time for those players to mature. They are going to have to blitz to get pressure this year.
    +1 hundred bajilion on point no. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    +1 hundred bajilion on point no. 2
    Struggle against RBs....did we not add speed to the defense with coples and ellis? Will we be better with BT back playing since he is our best run defending OLB? Should both harris and bart be faster? The answer to all of those questions is yes, which should impact our defense vs RBs.

As for the TEs, lets break it down....

We obviously play Gronk and Hernandez twice. Also face Vernon Davis once and Gates once.

Other then that the best TEs we will face are Jared Cook and Owen Daniels...one of who is talented and inconsistent and the other who struggled coming off an injury.

So which TEs are going to give us trouble now in the other 10 games (and thats me including cook and daniels as guys we will "struggle" covering).

Scott Chandler? Lance Hendricks? Jeff King? Mercedes Lewis? Fasano?

Our team struggles against Gronk and Hernandez just like the entire rest of the NFL. Will we be better now that we added more speed to the safety position, yes. Will we hopefully be able to play more 4 man fronts and drop more guys vs NE, yes.

Nothing like agreeing with a Raiders fans point of view, which is just a regurgitation of what media members that dont actually watch our games or look at the schedule say.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Struggle against RBs....did we not add speed to the defense with coples and ellis? Will we be better with BT back playing since he is our best run defending OLB? Should both harris and bart be faster? The answer to all of those questions is yes, which should impact our defense vs RBs.

As for the TEs, lets break it down....

We obviously play Gronk and Hernandez twice. Also face Vernon Davis once and Gates once.

Other then that the best TEs we will face are Jared Cook and Owen Daniels...one of who is talented and inconsistent and the other who struggled coming off an injury.

So which TEs are going to give us trouble now in the other 10 games (and thats me including cook and daniels as guys we will "struggle" covering).

Scott Chandler? Lance Hendricks? Jeff King? Mercedes Lewis? Fasano?

Our team struggles against Gronk and Hernandez just like the entire rest of the NFL. Will we be better now that we added more speed to the safety position, yes. Will we hopefully be able to play more 4 man fronts and drop more guys vs NE, yes.

Nothing like agreeing with a Raiders fans point of view, which is just a regurgitation of what media members that dont actually watch our games or look at the schedule say.
    Just because you add speed to the defense means you improved in coverage. That bis a silly statement. I was talking about your Lb and safeties matching up to Te and rb's in COVERAGE. I say you still going to have major problems there.

Your talking about your run defense(something I never talk about )

JMO Landry will be effective against the Rb when it close to Line of scrimmage in coverage. Screen and swing passes. Teams will just take their patterns a little deeper with the rb and he will be exposed.

If the Te's dont get you you than look for the Rbs as receiving threats to . There is no need to get angry because you don't agree with me. Time will tell if the statement I made is true or false. JMO
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Just because you add speed to the defense means you improved in coverage. That bis a silly statement. I was talking about your Lb and safeties matching up to Te and rb's in COVERAGE. I say you still going to have major problems there.

Your talking about your run defense(something I never talk about )

JMO Landry will be effective against the Rb when it close to Line of scrimmage in coverage. Screen and swing passes. Teams will just take their patterns a little deeper with the rb and he will be exposed.

If the Te's dont get you you than look for the Rbs as receiving threats to . There is no need to get angry because you don't agree with me. Time will tell if the statement I made is true or false. JMO
    No one is angry, I simply disagreed with that assessment.

I only mentioned run defense with bryan thomas coming back. Mentioning coples and ellis, as well as increased speed from harris and bart dealt specifically with defending the screen as those guys can either get penetration/chase down the play as quicker Dlineman or that bart and harris should be a split second faster in getting to the ball.

In no way do I think that bart is good in coverage down the field vs a RB, so that could be a continued problem area, but I think the addition of speed and tackling to the safety group will help out in that area as well.

Jets will throttle Bills in week 1 leading to massive fan base predictions of Super Bowl and best team ever.

Will play lights out for rest of season until December when they go winless and back out of playoff contention epically.

Oh. And Holmes will act up again. Possibly demand trade.

Hey. If you never expect anything good from this team then it's harder to be disappointed.
    Last edited by frostlich; 09-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.

1. Jets will have top 5 defense/bottom 5 in offense.
    2. We will finish under 500 (7-9)
    3. Rex will keep his job

1. Maybin reverts to being Maybin--the one nobody wanted.
    2. Couples gets no more then six sacks, has issues with coaching staff about playing hard.
    3. After the first one or two games--Rex will anoint a player, who he hasn't anointed yet, as the best player at his position in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Outside the box definitely welcome. Here goes......
    1. We will be much better than the majority at JI think we will be. 10 wins minimum.

2. Tebow will be more productive in the Wildcat/RB Role than his critics at JI predict he will be. 500 Yards rushing and 8 TD's in total, minimum.

3. The Jets will host at least one playoff game this postseason.

/coolaidizdrunk

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    1. We will be much better than the majority at JI think we will be. 10 wins minimum.

2. Tebow will be more productive in the Wildcat/RB Role than his critics at JI predict he will be. 500 Yards rushing and 8 TD's in total, minimum.

3. The Jets will host at least one playoff game this postseason.

/coolaidizdrunk
    From your mouth to God's ears.

All Pro
    1. Sanchez will get sacked and reinjure his already hurting throwing shoulder (injured in last year's Jaguars game when Rex kept him in the game so that Plaxico could pad his stats) and Tebow will come.

2. Tebow will come in, go three and out and retreat to the sideline where he will eat a hot dog.

3. Santonio will invent a new first down celebration that involves pantomiming drinking from a champagne Magnum and tweeting H.A.M.