Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUFFALO BILLS

Undrafted Free Agent

BUFFALO BILLS

Anyone think we can beat these guys? I do especially if Revis/Scott and Sanchez/Greene/and Holmes all do well.My main concern will be running against their D Line but neverthrless Greene always seems to run well vs the Bills.Should be fun.To all in attendance, please lets unite and make some noise,remember only when they have the ball.Otherwise,enjoy.Only six days and two half hours away. J E T S by five over Bills.

Im not buying into the Bills media SB crap. The Jets will take care of business on Sunday, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    Anyone think we can beat these guys? I do especially if Revis/Scott and Sanchez/Greene/and Holmes all do well.My main concern will be running against their D Line but neverthrless Greene always seems to run well vs the Bills.Should be fun.To all in attendance, please lets unite and make some noise,remember only when they have the ball.Otherwise,enjoy.Only six days and two half hours away. J E T S by five over Bills.
    Super Mario is going to be coming hard. If we cannot mitigate him somehow we are ****ed. Sanchez might not survive the game. If we can stop him though, we can win big.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.

I'm going to preface this by saying to those who don't already know me, I'm not the most optimistic Jet fan and am thought of by some to be a SOJF, even though I think I'm somewhere in between. I think we're ready to witness another 8-8 season with a ceiling of 10-6 .. but I digress ..

I'll believe the Bills hype when I see it.

Last I checked the Bills haven't beaten the Jets since October 2009 in what was Mark Sanchez's worst game as a NFL QB, and he was a rookie at the time and the game STILL was a one score game.

I understand it's an entirely different unit from the 2009 or 2010 Bills, but the 2012 Bills are VERY much like the 2011 Bills, except this time around they have Mario Williams. Will their pass rush be better? Yes. Is their secondary better because of it? Yes.

However, the Buffalo Bills are still led by Ryan Fitzpatrick who is a less effective Chad Pennington and for all the hoopla about the Jets not having wide receivers, who the hell do the Bills have outside of Stevie Johnson? Donald Jones? Who the hell is Donald Jones? Scott Chandler? Really?

And what about Buffalo's offensive line? A rookie LT in Cordy Glenn? They have a solid LG and C, sure, but after that? Nothing to write home about, at least not yet.

This team is ripe for another beat down from the Jets and it's coming.

Who was the team that shut the "Bills Mafia" and Bills hoopla last year? It wasn't New England. It was the JETS. TWICE in four weeks.

It will happen again on Sunday.

I'm worried about New England 2x. I'm worried about Houston, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Tennessee. I'm not worried about freaking Buffalo.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I've never seen so much made of a defensive player as is being made over Williams.

He hasn't had double digit sacks since 08. In six seasons has reached double digit sacks totals twice. He's good, he's not that great.

If all you needed to win in the NFL was a good pass rusher, what would you be if you had two? Each being better than Williams?

Klecko or Gastineau, BOTH were much more destructive than Williams, don't remember the Jets running the table.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-03-2012 at 10:50 AM.

From 16 ESPN "experts" 9 have Bills going to playoffs and ZERO have us going to playoff. Because they are so smart there, we should just concede...

Waterboy
    All I hear about is how the Jets will not be able to score points. That will still need to be seen. One thing I'm pretty sure of is Buffalo will have a very difficult time moving the ball on us.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    From 16 ESPN "experts" 9 have Bills going to playoffs and ZERO have us going to playoff. Because they are so smart there, we should just concede...
    This is going to be an us against the world year. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This is going to be an us against the world year. Bring it.
    +1

Every time the experts think we are going to suck, we are good. Every time the experts think we are a superbowl contender, we suck. This is going to be a good year.

The Bills have nothing but Mario Williams.

I like to think that the oddsmakers in Vegas know about how good the teams are wouldn't you think? They have the Bills at 25-1 to win AFC. Jets are 17-1. SD 10-1 which I don't agree with btw. NE the favorite 2.5 to 1. So I look to the season and see the Jets playing Jax at 100-1, Miami at 75-1 twice,Indy at 50-1, Tenn at 30-1 and Buff at 25-1 twice. I would like to think we can win 5 out of those 7. Then you have road games at Seattle and St.Louis and a home game vs Ariz that are very winnable games so I say they win 2 out of 3.
    That's 7 out of 10. The other 6 are the toughest games NE 2x, Hou,SF,SD at home and Pitt on road. They are lucky that 4 of them are home games so I say they split the 6 and have a 10-6 season. That would be just slightly over achieving what the pros in Vegas are predicting. They have the Jets at about 8.5 wins. I think they will do better. We shall see. Bring it on buffalo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    +1

Every time the experts think we are going to suck, we are good. Every time the experts think we are a superbowl contender, we suck. This is going to be a good year.

The Bills have nothing but Mario Williams.
    They got that Fitzmagic doe, lol.

Veteran
    Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams, if healthy, are not exactly chopped liver.

Agreed that Mario Williams is overrated but he is going to be double-teamed and likely allow other Buffalo guys to make plays. Seeing how our oline holds up against Buffalo, with be damned interesting.

What I am really excited to watch is Stevie Johnson against Revis. There was a great article last published last year on how Johnson had studied pre-snap body language tendencies on Revis which tended to give Revis away on how he was going to react on a particular play. I am sure Revis will have studied his own film to eliminate this. This will be the match up I'm excited about. Revis allowing Johnson 75 yards in one game last year, contributed to Johnson earning a lot of money in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'm going to preface this by saying to those who don't already know me, I'm not the most optimistic Jet fan and am thought of by some to be a SOJF, even though I think I'm somewhere in between. I think we're ready to witness another 8-8 season with a ceiling of 10-6 .. but I digress ..

I'll believe the Bills hype when I see it.

Last I checked the Bills haven't beaten the Jets since October 2009 in what was Mark Sanchez's worst game as a NFL QB, and he was a rookie at the time and the game STILL was a one score game.

I understand it's an entirely different unit from the 2009 or 2010 Bills, but the 2012 Bills are VERY much like the 2011 Bills, except this time around they have Mario Williams. Will their pass rush be better? Yes. Is their secondary better because of it? Yes.

However, the Buffalo Bills are still led by Ryan Fitzpatrick who is a less effective Chad Pennington and for all the hoopla about the Jets not having wide receivers, who the hell do the Bills have outside of Stevie Johnson? Donald Jones? Who the hell is Donald Jones? Scott Chandler? Really?

And what about Buffalo's offensive line? A rookie LT in Cordy Glenn? They have a solid LG and C, sure, but after that? Nothing to write home about, at least not yet.

This team is ripe for another beat down from the Jets and it's coming.

Who was the team that shut the "Bills Mafia" and Bills hoopla last year? It wasn't New England. It was the JETS. TWICE in four weeks.

It will happen again on Sunday.

I'm worried about New England 2x. I'm worried about Houston, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Tennessee. I'm not worried about freaking Buffalo.
    Their running back can dominate and is quick enough to get around the corner,a weakness we had during pre season. It will be interesting to see their new wildcat as David Lee is there qb coach and is the man who introduced it to Sparano. So I think one of the key match ups will be who does better Brad Smith or Tebow

On offense we need to negate their pass rush with a solid rushing attack and throwing some screens. We'll need to stretch their defense with some long throws to prevent them from stacking the box.

On defense we'll need to contain Jackson/Spiller and Johnson and get after Fitz, which will be our game plan for most games.

I'm looking for a Jets win out of the gate with a solid completion % from Sanchez with at least passing 1 TD and Hill with a few nice catches!!

Fitzpatrick is just about the most overrated player in the NFL.

we got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams, if healthy, are not exactly chopped liver.

Agreed that Mario Williams is overrated but he is going to be double-teamed and likely allow other Buffalo guys to make plays. Seeing how our oline holds up against Buffalo, with be damned interesting.

What I am really excited to watch is Stevie Johnson against Revis. There was a great article last published last year on how Johnson had studied pre-snap body language tendencies on Revis which tended to give Revis away on how he was going to react on a particular play. I am sure Revis will have studied his own film to eliminate this. This will be the match up I'm excited about. Revis allowing Johnson 75 yards in one game last year, contributed to Johnson earning a lot of money in the off-season.
    Could have been a lot more too...and a game win.

Should be interesting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    I like to think that the oddsmakers in Vegas know about how good the teams are wouldn't you think? They have the Bills at 25-1 to win AFC. Jets are 17-1. SD 10-1 which I don't agree with btw. NE the favorite 2.5 to 1. So I look to the season and see the Jets playing Jax at 100-1, Miami at 75-1 twice,Indy at 50-1, Tenn at 30-1 and Buff at 25-1 twice. I would like to think we can win 5 out of those 7. Then you have road games at Seattle and St.Louis and a home game vs Ariz that are very winnable games so I say they win 2 out of 3.
    That's 7 out of 10. The other 6 are the toughest games NE 2x, Hou,SF,SD at home and Pitt on road. They are lucky that 4 of them are home games so I say they split the 6 and have a 10-6 season. That would be just slightly over achieving what the pros in Vegas are predicting. They have the Jets at about 8.5 wins. I think they will do better. We shall see. Bring it on buffalo!!!
    I'm not an advocate for forecasting like this, but this is well thought out and very much the way I see it.

They always give one away, it's a matter of how many they can take back.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Super Mario is going to be coming hard. If we cannot mitigate him somehow we are ****ed. Sanchez might not survive the game. If we can stop him though, we can win big.
    He didn't make a difference when we beat the Texans all five times we've played them.

LOL. I see a lot of hating in this thread.

- "Not buying the media BS"
    - "Mario Williams isn't that great"
    - "The Bills were bad in 2009, so they'll be bad now"

What is this all about? My only guess is that Jets fans are a bit worried about the Bills this year. Otherwise, you wouldn't be consoling each other about ridiculous things like the above quotes.

I honestly have NO IDEA what is going to happen in this game. I dont know whether the Bills are as good as the media says they are, or if the Jets are as bad. But there are a few incredibly wrong statements in this thread and I want to rectify them:

1) The Bills didn't just add Mario Williams. They also added Mark Anderson who had 10 sacks and 2 forced fumbles with the Patriots last season. They added Stephon Gilmore, a DB who from all accounts has looked "sensational" (ESPNs word, not mine) in camp. They added Cordy Glenn, who hasnt given up a single sack in over 50 pre-season snaps.

2) The Bills best offensive lineman, Eric Wood, is back from injury. Their incredible DT Kyle Williams is back from injury. Their best DB, Terrence McGee, is back from injury. Their pro-bowl RB Fred Jackson, is back from injury.

3) Im not sure what to make of that 2009 comparison post. Its just odd. The roster is completely different. The Bills have about 5 players from that 2009 roster on the current squad, and 2 of them are special teams.

But whatever, I guess ignorance is bliss.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    the Bills at 25-1 to win AFC. Jets are 17-1. SD 10-1 which I don't agree with btw. NE the favorite 2.5 to 1.

... both bills & jets are in a much harder situation than SD by being in the same division as the pats ... despite the pack & giants success the last 2 season's it's a much more difficult road to win it as a wildcard team than as a division winner ...

l_j_r