Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: BUFFALO BILLS

  1. #21

    Our

    o-line better get their stuff together in a hurry. Mark may be running for his life in this one. I think we can beat the Bills but the pacing of our offense will have to be quick. Mark and Tebow (if he actually gets behind center) can't hold the ball as long as they did this preseason.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,564
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... both bills & jets are in a much harder situation than SD by being in the same division as the pats ... despite the pack & giants success the last 2 season's it's a much more difficult road to win it as a wildcard team than as a division winner ...

    l_j_r
    Perhaps...but 4 of the last 5 SB champs played in a wild card game. I.e ....they did not have a bye.

  3. #23
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    167
    Run the heck ,tire their Def LINE.Do some hurry up offense.On Defense keep all plays in front ,make them settle for three,win the turnover war.Keep an eye on how Wilson matches up with their rookie WR Graham who is a burner and can catch the ball.If we can keep them to two FGs and one TD,we have them smoked 17-13.Go Jets,beat Bills !!!!!.

  4. #24
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,263
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Perhaps...but 4 of the last 5 SB champs played in a wild card game. I.e ....they did not have a bye.

    ... do you believe those teams would have preferred a bye and a home game the next week ... or do you think they'd have preferred to play WC round? ...

    ... i believe there's merit to teams getting a benefit by getting hot at the right time (as the giants did) ... but that is irrelevant to having the bye or not ...

    ... if someone wants to argue in favor of momentum playing that week vs. being given the auto advancement to the next round ... i can't support that at all ...






    l_j_r

  5. #25
    Hopefully Howard is ready. If not Mario is going to make this a long day for us.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,138
    We've had weeks to prepare for BUF's predictable offense. We'd better stick it to them.

    My guess? We'll only 14 points to win.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    LOL. I see a lot of hating in this thread.

    - "Not buying the media BS"
    - "Mario Williams isn't that great"
    - "The Bills were bad in 2009, so they'll be bad now"

    What is this all about? My only guess is that Jets fans are a bit worried about the Bills this year. Otherwise, you wouldn't be consoling each other about ridiculous things like the above quotes.

    I honestly have NO IDEA what is going to happen in this game. I dont know whether the Bills are as good as the media says they are, or if the Jets are as bad. But there are a few incredibly wrong statements in this thread and I want to rectify them:

    1) The Bills didn't just add Mario Williams. They also added Mark Anderson who had 10 sacks and 2 forced fumbles with the Patriots last season. They added Stephon Gilmore, a DB who from all accounts has looked "sensational" (ESPNs word, not mine) in camp. They added Cordy Glenn, who hasnt given up a single sack in over 50 pre-season snaps.

    2) The Bills best offensive lineman, Eric Wood, is back from injury. Their incredible DT Kyle Williams is back from injury. Their best DB, Terrence McGee, is back from injury. Their pro-bowl RB Fred Jackson, is back from injury.

    3) Im not sure what to make of that 2009 comparison post. Its just odd. The roster is completely different. The Bills have about 5 players from that 2009 roster on the current squad, and 2 of them are special teams.

    But whatever, I guess ignorance is bliss.




    Last edited by escamoter2; 09-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,825
    We've beaten the Bills 5 straight times.

    At one point last season they lost 7 straight games.

    They've had one winning season in the last decade, and haven't played in the playoffs since January 2000.

    For all the talk of the Jets struggles offensively this preseason, is it not worth pointing out that the Bills offense (and Ryan Fitzpatrick) have struggled as well?

    I keep hearing that the Bills are so improved and have more talent than the Jets -- I'll believe it when I see it. Until they stop going 7-9 they will still be the "same old Bills" to me.

    I honestly think our defense is going to maul them. How much we can score is the real issue.

    And honestly, even if they win I think that says more about us than it does about them.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    We've beaten the Bills 5 straight times.

    At one point last season they lost 7 straight games.

    They've had one winning season in the last decade, and haven't played in the playoffs since January 2000.

    For all the talk of the Jets struggles offensively this preseason, is it not worth pointing out that the Bills offense (and Ryan Fitzpatrick) have struggled as well?

    I keep hearing that the Bills are so improved and have more talent than the Jets -- I'll believe it when I see it. Until they stop going 7-9 they will still be the "same old Bills" to me.

    I honestly think our defense is going to maul them. How much we can score is the real issue.

    And honestly, even if they win I think that says more about us than it does about them.
    You don't seem to understand football, or logic. What they did last year or the last ten years don't matter. A team could be awful for 40 straight years then win a Super Bowl. The past is the past.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    We've had weeks to prepare for BUF's predictable offense. We'd better stick it to them.

    My guess? We'll only 14 points to win.
    Buffalo will score 17...... The rest is up to us.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Buffalo will score 17...... The rest is up to us.
    Watch them do it using the wildcat without brad smith against us.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    You don't seem to understand football, or logic. What they did last year or the last ten years don't matter. A team could be awful for 40 straight years then win a Super Bowl. The past is the past.
    Is this worth even commenting on? A team can suck for 40 years and all of a sudden it might win the Superbowl without showing any indications of a much improved team? OK so your saying Miami has a chance to win the Superbowl this year? Maybe they will play in the AFC championship against Cleveland? lol

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I've never seen so much made of a defensive player as is being made over Williams.

    He hasn't had double digit sacks since 08. In six seasons has reached double digit sacks totals twice. He's good, he's not that great.

    If all you needed to win in the NFL was a good pass rusher, what would you be if you had two? Each being better than Williams?

    Klecko or Gastineau, BOTH were much more destructive than Williams, don't remember the Jets running the table.
    Don't compare a 3-4 DE with a 4-3 lineman. Besides Bruce Smith I can not think of one 3-4 DE with more pass rushing skill. In Buffalo with Anderson on the other side and with Dareus and Williams in the middle he is going to be a force. Howard will have his trial by fire Sunday. I think he is going to lead the afc in sacks.

  14. #34
    If Tebow doesn't play more than 15 snaps at QB, we lose this game

    Tebow playing means that we are dictating what's going on on the field. If he's not playing, it means that we are stuck with Sanchez trying to pass us a win.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,858
    The Bills are without a doubt the most unwarranted over-hyped team in recent memory.

    Reminds me of last years Eagles, except that the Eagles actually had above average talent.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Their running back can dominate and is quick enough to get around the corner,a weakness we had during pre season. It will be interesting to see their new wildcat as David Lee is there qb coach and is the man who introduced it to Sparano. So I think one of the key match ups will be who does better Brad Smith or Tebow
    The really odd thing about Buffalo and Brad Smith is that they don't use him on kick returns and he is not the wildcat QB. Its usually Fred Jackson and Spiller running it. They basically gave him $14 million to be a 4th or 5th wr. Its really odd. I live in Rochester and you would think that the Bills were the '85 bears, its crazy. People seem to forget that Mario Williams and Mark Anderson were on the Texans in '10 and they had one of the worst defenses in the league while running the 4-3. Then they switched to a 3-4 last year and got much better while Williams was hurt. Their line backers ate not good and they are starting a rookie and a 2nd year player at CB. Their defense is way over rated.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If Tebow doesn't play more than 15 snaps at QB, we lose this game

    Tebow playing means that we are dictating what's going on on the field. If he's not playing, it means that we are stuck with Sanchez trying to pass us a win.
    Ah, the Church of Tebow is still alive and well and preaching that a QB who passes and rushes for 60 yards each is the road to salvation.

    You're going to find this a most welcoming neighborhood

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If Tebow doesn't play more than 15 snaps at QB, we lose this game

    Tebow playing means that we are dictating what's going on on the field. If he's not playing, it means that we are stuck with Sanchez trying to pass us a win.
    i'll never understand how someone can derive any pleasure from trolling an internetz message board.


    but hey, don't let me stop you

  19. #39
    The Bills are not a great team, but neither are we. Last time they visited in the 2nd half of last season, that game came down to the wire, and the Bills would have won if Johnson held onto a very catchable ball late in the game that would have gone for 6. That said, Sanchez tossed 4 TDs that game and we had a lot of success against their D in both matchups. Adding Williams should help their D, but it's still an average unit at best other than their d-line (which is pretty good). I'd say on paper it is probably a toss-up game, which is why Vegas has us as 3 point home faves, the teams are seen as equal.

    A loss in this game bodes terribly for the rest of the season. A convincing win would probably back off critics a bit. A few months ago, I felt very confident about this opener. After preseason, I don't feel nearly as confident. Excited to watch, hoping for the best. I fear those on this thread acting like this will be a cakewalk are setting themselves up for disappointment. Until they show it on the field, this Jets roster and team has done nothing to inspire such confidence. A 3 point win is far more likely than a double digit one.
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 09-03-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    LOL. I see a lot of hating in this thread.

    - "Not buying the media BS"
    - "Mario Williams isn't that great"
    - "The Bills were bad in 2009, so they'll be bad now"

    What is this all about? My only guess is that Jets fans are a bit worried about the Bills this year. Otherwise, you wouldn't be consoling each other about ridiculous things like the above quotes.

    I honestly have NO IDEA what is going to happen in this game. I dont know whether the Bills are as good as the media says they are, or if the Jets are as bad. But there are a few incredibly wrong statements in this thread and I want to rectify them:

    1) The Bills didn't just add Mario Williams. They also added Mark Anderson who had 10 sacks and 2 forced fumbles with the Patriots last season. They added Stephon Gilmore, a DB who from all accounts has looked "sensational" (ESPNs word, not mine) in camp. They added Cordy Glenn, who hasnt given up a single sack in over 50 pre-season snaps.

    2) The Bills best offensive lineman, Eric Wood, is back from injury. Their incredible DT Kyle Williams is back from injury. Their best DB, Terrence McGee, is back from injury. Their pro-bowl RB Fred Jackson, is back from injury.

    3) Im not sure what to make of that 2009 comparison post. Its just odd. The roster is completely different. The Bills have about 5 players from that 2009 roster on the current squad, and 2 of them are special teams.

    But whatever, I guess ignorance is bliss.
    You also have one of the few quarterbacks worse than Sanchez still leading your offense. But hey, at least he has that sick beard going for him.

    Fitz has never done well against us, Sanchez has shown that he can put points up on you time and time again. No matter how good your defense is, it's not going to matter if you can't score. NO ONE is worried about the bills this year.

    24-10 Jets.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us