Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amani Toomer is a moron...

Amani Toomer is a moron...

I live Sirius NFL Radio, but why on earth dis they give this guy a job? He was just talking about Dallas and how they need a good backup QB like Orton, and referred to their backup last year as "the guy from Cinncinnatti.

He then started talking about the Jets and how he doesn't understand why te Bills would be underdogs in week 1. He said that the jets have not been able to stop the run this preseason, and that doesn't bode well for a Rex Ryan Defense. He also said that the only reason that Vegas could possibly have the Jets favored over the Bills is because of the uncertainty of the Wildcat in week 1.

So how do you think he came to the conclusion that the Jets can't stop the run? He obviously didn't watch any of the Jets preseason games, so maybe the stats were misleading? Did our 2nd and 3rd stringers get run on hard?

Regardless, Toomer is a toolbox.

Veteran
    Yeah man I love Sirius but some of these guys are dumb-dumbs. I started a topic last week about how Howard David and Toomer were talking about how the Jets let Victor Cruz go before the Giants picked him up.

All Pro
    Toomer is a Giant homer, and not very good at it like Buttle. This is not news. Most of the reports of the Jets demise are wishful thinking on the commentator's part. The only TD the Jets first team gave up was on a drive starting at around the 15 yard line. Besides that I think we gave up 2 field goals.

1. Toomer is an enormous Jets-hater.

2. Toomer sucks at radio.

3. Sirius NFL radio is not good. I was actually very disappointed in it. Most of the announcers have no energy and sound as bored talking about NFL as Mike Francesa does talking about the NBA. To make matters worse Adam Schein who is total garbage has the afternoon drive show and what is up with all the Giants (Toomer, Bob Papa etc.)

I prefer Mad Dog radio or I listen to WFAN only at work when Boningo is on.

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Yeah man I love Sirius but some of these guys are dumb-dumbs. I started a topic last week about how Howard David and Toomer were talking about how the Jets let Victor Cruz go before the Giants picked him up.
    Those two guys are idiots and are a big reason why I can't listen to Sirius NFL. They confused Cruz with the JAG running back Derrick Ward. Amazing these clowns get paid to do that stuff.

Veteran

Arrow

Ross Tucker is good in the morning and I think Bob Papa is pretty good at not being a Giants homer. Schein is just a douche. Pat Kerwin and Tim Ryan are the best but they moved them to the 3-7pm slot so I never get to hear them. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Ross Tucker is good in the morning and I think Bob Papa is pretty good at not being a Giants homer. Schein is just a douche. Pat Kerwin and Tim Ryan are the best but they moved them to the 3-7pm slot so I never get to hear them. Sucks.
    Papa does try to be objective unlike the other Giants that are on the channel. Schein is a robodouche and Buffalo Bills homer. How this clown and Sid Rosenberg keep getting job after job is somethin I will never be able to figure out.

Rookie
    Toomer is horrible no matter what team he is talking about...I'm not so sure Giants fans even like him. He likes Romo over Eli...Papa is OK...He defends Sanchez all the time...Schein just sucks out loud....

The worst thing about Schein, and most of the Sirius NFL guys are the interviews they do. They kiss everyone's behind with softball questions that don't reveal any useful or interesting information. Schein and Gannon are virtually unlistenable.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... i'm a big fan of sirius ...

... toomer is a f*cking idiot ...

l_j_r

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Papa does try to be objective unlike the other Giants that are on the channel. Schein is a robodouche and Buffalo Bills homer. How this clown and Sid Rosenberg keep getting job after job is somethin I will never be able to figure out.
    How is Schein a bills homer? The guy's a diehard Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    I'm almost positive that its well known that Schein is a bills fan.

Veteran
    I think he has a tumor.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... i'm a big fan of sirius ...

... toomer is a f*cking idiot ...

l_j_r
    I like it but they put too many recent retirees on. Toomer is bad. Brooks is not good. The worst was Jerry Rice. And Ladanian is starting soon and he will be awful.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    I hear him nearly every day and he seems to prefer the Bills over the Jets. Almost every year he predicts that they'll be better than the Jets, hypes up their coaching staff, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by docdhc View Post
    The worst thing about Schein, and most of the Sirius NFL guys are the interviews they do. They kiss everyone's behind with softball questions that don't reveal any useful or interesting information. Schein and Gannon are virtually unlistenable.
    +1

Adam Schein is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I hear him nearly every day and he seems to prefer the Bills over the Jets. Almost every year he predicts that they'll be better than the Jets, hypes up their coaching staff, etc...
    Schein is an enormous Bills fan and hates the Jets. This is established. You shoulda have heard him talk up JP Losman years ago like he was Steve Young II.

He's like Mike Francesa, but completely unlistenable. Ok, he is exactly like Mike Francesa.

All Pro
    I have listended to him on the radio last year, not sure if he did 1050 or 660. But basically he is still considered a Giant. He is on the Giant sideline every game. And that is fine if you are working the Giant flaghship station. But you can not be a a Giant and work a national radio show. Carl Banks goes on 660 every week and every week he has something sinsughtful to say about the Jets and Giants. He will also offer negative. Banks speaks like he knows what he is talking about Toomer speaks like a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    I have listended to him on the radio last year, not sure if he did 1050 or 660. But basically he is still considered a Giant. He is on the Giant sideline every game. And that is fine if you are working the Giant flaghship station. But you can not be a a Giant and work a national radio show. Carl Banks goes on 660 every week and every week he has something sinsughtful to say about the Jets and Giants. He will also offer negative. Banks speaks like he knows what he is talking about Toomer speaks like a fan.
    Banks I don't really have an issue with he is actually an intelligent man who makes good points. Toomer is a clown. Stephen A. Smith with an NFL resume. Worst part is no matter how hard he tries he is not one bit entertaining.

Get ready for Brandon Jacobs a year from now after his career is done. He'll probably wind up on Sirius/XM doing more noise pollution.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I live Sirius NFL Radio, but why on earth dis they give this guy a job? He was just talking about Dallas and how they need a good backup QB like Orton, and referred to their backup last year as "the guy from Cinncinnatti.

He then started talking about the Jets and how he doesn't understand why te Bills would be underdogs in week 1. He said that the jets have not been able to stop the run this preseason, and that doesn't bode well for a Rex Ryan Defense. He also said that the only reason that Vegas could possibly have the Jets favored over the Bills is because of the uncertainty of the Wildcat in week 1.

So how do you think he came to the conclusion that the Jets can't stop the run? He obviously didn't watch any of the Jets preseason games, so maybe the stats were misleading? Did our 2nd and 3rd stringers get run on hard?

Regardless, Toomer is a toolbox.
    He is a Gi-Aint! I agree with you. I am tired of the anti-Jets sentiment on Sirius. Toomer is not the only announcer who is anti-Jet. Gannon said today: the Jets have no pro-bowl: QB, RB or receiver. They won't beat the Bills for second place and the playoffs!