Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo News: Bills prepare for Wildcat package

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Dude, just put them on ignore.

I have never seen so many LOSER fans on this site as I have in the past few months -- fans who act like this team is about to go 0-16 and they're going to enjoy watching the ship burn. THEY are the ones ruining this site, not you, yet for some reason saying "our" team is more taboo than acting like we're back in the Kotite regime

And please stop asking them to start another thread on it -- that's the LAST thing we need. I'll admit, I'll be surprised if you're still here when Tebow leaves. But until then this place is running on fumes in regards to true football discussion. Keep your posts productive and I promise there will be people here who don't care what pronoun you use . . .
    +1M

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen so many LOSER fans on this site as I have in the past few months -- fans who act like this team is about to go 0-16 and they're going to enjoy watching the ship burn. THEY are the ones ruining this site, not you, yet for some reason saying "our" team is more taboo than acting like we're back in the Kotite regime

And please stop asking them to start another thread on it -- that's the LAST thing we need. I'll admit, I'll be surprised if you're still here when Tebow leaves. But until then this place is running on fumes in regards to true football discussion. Keep your posts productive and I promise there will be people here who don't care what pronoun you use . . .
    Thanks for the advice OC

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow and Sparano on our team is already giving us an advantage. If the Bills have to waste time practicing to defend the Wildcat, it's taking away time from them to practice other aspects of the game. Plus the fact that they are looking for the wildcat and anticipating it, will leave them open for other trick plays off of the wildcat. I like it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Tebow and Sparano on our team is already giving us an advantage. If the Bills have to waste time practicing to defend the Wildcat, it's taking away time from them to practice other aspects of the game. Plus the fact that they are looking for the wildcat and anticipating it, will leave them open for other trick plays off of the wildcat. I like it!
    And even if we go 3 and out a few times, that just means this guy goes onto the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    But, if we're spending time practicing running the wildcat, isn't that also taking away from us practicing other aspects of our game?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And even if we go 3 and out a few times, that just means this guy goes onto the field.
    Tebow's not going to be out there on 1st and 10. Tebow will probably only come out on situations where his talents can best be used, short yardage, goal line, etc.

Just imagine, 3rd and short, our own 15 yard line, Tebow comes in, Bills anticipate Wildcat, Tebow fakes Wildcat and hits an open Schilens for a 85 yard TD pass!
    Last edited by First DOWN!; 09-04-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    But, if we're spending time practicing running the wildcat, isn't that also taking away from us practicing other aspects of our game?
    From the looks of the preseason, we don't have any other aspects on offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the looks of the preseason, we don't have any other aspects on offense.
    Which means the Bills aren't really wasting time preparing for the wildcat, they are simply preparing for the game.

The only way other teams would be "wasting time" preparing for the wildcat would be if we tricked them into thinking we were going to run the wildcat and then never used it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have Tebow line up next to Sanchez as a RB, play action, freezes everyone. BAM.

.....6 yard pass. They'll never see it coming.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which means the Bills aren't really wasting time preparing for the wildcat, they are simply preparing for the game.

The only way other teams would be "wasting time" preparing for the wildcat would be if we tricked them into thinking we were going to run the wildcat and then never used it.
    Just go with me here...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just go with me here...
    OK.

Stupid Bills.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might not mean anything, but Urban Meyers was on Mike and Mike the other day and was asked about Tebow. He said that he had been up here for two days, and that Rex and his staff (Sparano) had reached out to us (?)

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8321332

It's at about he 7:30 mark.

The way he phrased it, this could have either been a social visit, or maybe that and a professional one ? Coaches swapping knowledge kind of thing ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    LOL. Ok Bud.
    You mad? McGinley is right.

Couples strip of Cam is all hustle and baller. You def haven't seen any of the games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Can we just talk about football in *some* threads??
    DWC??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Might not mean anything, but Urban Meyers was on Mike and Mike the other day and was asked about Tebow. He said that he had been up here for two days, and that Rex and his staff (Sparano) had reached out to us (?)

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8321332

It's at about he 7:30 mark.

The way he phrased it, this could have either been a social visit, or maybe that and a professional one ? Coaches swapping knowledge kind of thing ?
    I don't think that the spread option can work in the NFL (it really doesn't even work against the really good college defenses), but if anyone wanted to try it, they would have to hire Meyer in order to have the best possible chance.

Chip Kelly wouldn't be able to run his hyper-speed version of the spread option because NFL are too big to be able to maintain that pace. Linemen that are small enough to run it would be physically overpowered more often than not.

The biggest problem with the spread option is that it requires to quarterback to get hit several hundred times per year. That means your starting quarterback is going to be injured way more often than the average QB and he's going to have a shorter career. There's too much money invested in QBs for front offices to be OK with that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It would help if you didn't completely miss the point that some of us were making.

None of us were talking about 0-16, Kotite or whatever SOJF theory you're trying to come up.

And FWIW, the poster you're defending has derailed many a thread in his 6 months here with enormous non-stop multiple quote posts laden with red letters.

On another note, I'm sorry if all of us don't wave pom poms and ride unicorns. There is a reason the team we love hasn't won a Super Bowl in 43 years and I can assure you it has nothing to do with the fans. This is a message board where everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it doesn't completely devolve into personal attacks. There is nothing wrong with criticizing your team, as long as it has a rational basis. This team has faults, like any team, and it's okay to talk about them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm an opposing defensive coordinator, here's my preparation:

If you see Sanchez behind center, put 8 guys in the box.

If you see Tebow, put 9.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bills are thinking about, the Bills are using time to prepare for it. The Bills are getting coaches to take time to worry about it. We already are ahead of the game before it is even unveiled.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm an opposing defensive coordinator, here's my preparation:

If you see Sanchez behind center, put 8 guys in the box.

If you see Tebow, put 9.
    Correct. This is why the whole Jets season rides on them actually being able to go deep and make teams pay. If they aren't successful early on this year the offense will bottom 3 in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It would help if you didn't completely miss the point that some of us were making.

None of us were talking about 0-16, Kotite or whatever SOJF theory you're trying to come up.

And FWIW, the poster you're defending has derailed many a thread in his 6 months here with enormous non-stop multiple quote posts laden with red letters.

On another note, I'm sorry if all of us don't wave pom poms and ride unicorns. There is a reason the team we love hasn't won a Super Bowl in 43 years and I can assure you it has nothing to do with the fans. This is a message board where everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it doesn't completely devolve into personal attacks. There is nothing wrong with criticizing your team, as long as it has a rational basis. This team has faults, like any team, and it's okay to talk about them.
    FWIW, you weren't one of the posters I was referring to. It just amazes me that for all the nonsense that takes place on this board (WAY more than ever before), we have to argue about the difference between "our" and "your".

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I have criticized this team too much to be called a pom-pom waver. But I also know enough about the sport and this team to not call our coach/GM "clueless", the team a "disaster", and this season a "lost cause" before it even begins.

If you agree with any of those statements, then yes -- I think you are a detriment to this board. If you simply get offended by a Tebow fan calling himself a Jets fan, then I'll just leave you to your angst . . .