Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pouha in danger of missing week 1

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouha isn't Jenkins, but as I've said before: If you are a *starting nose tackle in a 3-4 base* you are by definition NOT A JAG. There is such a dearth of guys who can do that job. And by "that job" I mean occupying two lineman in the run game every palay. Backfield penetration is gravy for a true NT in a 3-4.

I'll be curious to see who is in on 4-3 fronts. I think it's almost a waste to have Pouha and Ellis out there at the same time. My ideal four man front is one of those two guys, plus DeVito, Wilk, Coples. Best run/pass balance we can field in a true 4-3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    I like Po'uha, but he's starting to bang out sick as much as Kris Jenkin's did. Not really, I'm exaggerating but..get your butt out there!

How is it that some nose tackles can't stay healthy but others (like that damn Wilfork) can?
    Vince is 2 years younger than Pouha, it is not just the wear but the body's abilty to heal itself diminishes each year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Pouha isn't Jenkins, but as I've said before: If you are a *starting nose tackle in a 3-4 base* you are by definition NOT A JAG. There is such a dearth of guys who can do that job. And by "that job" I mean occupying two lineman in the run game every palay. Backfield penetration is gravy for a true NT in a 3-4.

I'll be curious to see who is in on 4-3 fronts. I think it's almost a waste to have Pouha and Ellis out there at the same time. My ideal four man front is one of those two guys, plus DeVito, Wilk, Coples. Best run/pass balance we can field in a true 4-3.
    In the 4-3 I'd much rather have Coples play inside. He is a much better inside player. Most of his pressure this preseason came while he was play DT in the 4-3.

Same while he was at NC.