Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Chan Gailey

The more I think about this game, the more I get the feeling like the Jets are going to be in big, BIG trouble. Chan Gailey has been a below average head coach in this league for a few years, and his time in Buffalo so far has been nothing but deplorable. I just don't see how a mediocore coach like Chan Gailey is going to allow his team to lose another game against the New York Jets, especially knowing that his job is basically on the line this season. He has his highly paid quarterback, and obviously that made the difference between the Bills totally sucking for ALL of last season, as opposed to just sucking for the last half of last season.

Furthermore, the Bills so far under Chan Gailey are a putrid 0-2 at Metlife Stadium, and 0-4 overall against the Jets, which scares me in the respect that it seems like they've found just about every way there is to lose to the Jets since 2010. In the NFL, even the worst team in the league can go 1-4 against a division rival over a 2.5 year span, and as we well know, with Fitzpatrick at the helm, the Bills are damn far from being the worst team in the league. The Bills are now due to find a way to win one against the Jets, and they're going to be highly motivated, because with the way things are shaking out in the AFC, the Bills aren't mathematically eliminated since the season hasn't even started yet. I just don't see Chan Gailey, a bad to below average coach in this league, allowing the slump that this team has been in to continue, he's too mediocore of a coach to not get his team to put together a win to start the season, and there's no way that a decent NFL team is going to go 0-5 against the Jets during any sampling of history, it just doesn't happen no matter how bad the opponent might be. On top of everything, the Jets haven't won a single football game since December 11th 2011, and there doesn't appear to be any good reason why that's all of a sudden going to change this Sunday.

I hope I turn out to be wrong (for the first time about this since the Eagles game last year), but I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, there is going to be occasion after the game to bump this thread. Ok, now flame away!!!!
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 09-03-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're trying too hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    You're trying too hard.
    Not trying too anything! Just pointing out the fact that Chan Gailey is not going to win very many football games as a HC, but the fact of the matter is the guy is mediocore enough to where he's got to beat some HC's along the way. He's not going to go 0-16 on the year, so that means he has to beat somebody. He hasn't beaten the Jets since the first meeting in 2009, so why is he going to allow his team to go 0-5 against the Jets during his tenure? Just doesn't seem very likely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Not trying too anything! Just pointing out the fact that Chan Gailey is not going to win very many football games as a HC, but the fact of the matter is the guy is mediocore enough to where he's got to beat some HC's along the way. He's not going to go 0-16 on the year, so that means he has to beat somebody. He hasn't beaten the Jets since the first meeting in 2009, so why is he going to allow his team to go 0-5 against the Jets during his tenure? Just doesn't seem very likely.
    If you'd be so kind, please provide examples of coaches that HAVE "allowed" their team to lose to an opponent . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I think about this game, the more I get the feeling like the Jets are going to be in big, BIG trouble. Chan Gailey has been a below average head coach in this league for a few years, and his time in Buffalo so far has been nothing but deplorable. I just don't see how a mediocore coach like Chan Gailey is going to allow his team to lose another game against the New York Jets, especially knowing that his job is basically on the line this season. He has his highly paid quarterback, and obviously that made the difference between the Bills totally sucking for ALL of last season, as opposed to just sucking for the last half of last season.

Furthermore, the Bills so far under Chan Gailey are a putrid 0-2 at Metlife Stadium, and 0-4 overall against the Jets, which scares me in the respect that it seems like they've found just about every way there is to lose to the Jets since 2010. In the NFL, even the worst team in the league can go 1-4 against a division rival over a 2.5 year span, and as we well know, with Fitzpatrick at the helm, the Bills are damn far from being the worst team in the league. The Bills are now due to find a way to win one against the Jets, and they're going to be highly motivated, because with the way things are shaking out in the AFC, the Bills aren't mathematically eliminated since the season hasn't even started yet. I just don't see Chan Gailey, a bad to below average coach in this league, allowing the slump that this team has been in to continue, he's too mediocore of a coach to not get his team to put together a win to start the season, and there's no way that a decent NFL team is going to go 0-5 against the Jets during any sampling of history, it just doesn't happen no matter how bad the opponent might be. On top of everything, the Jets haven't won a single football game since December 11th 2011, and there doesn't appear to be any good reason why that's all of a sudden going to change this Sunday.

I hope I turn out to be wrong (for the first time about this since the Eagles game last year), but I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, there is going to be occasion after the game to bump this thread. Ok, now flame away!!!!
    ....if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! You cannot be my lawyer. You have some of the worst arguments I have ever heard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kill thread with fire.

"Chan Gailey sucks, so the bills will win"

One hell of an argument there sparky

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Wow! You cannot be my lawyer. You have some of the worst arguments I have ever heard.
    links or gtfo lolz

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Kill thread with fire.

"Chan Gailey sucks, so the bills will win"

One hell of an argument there sparky
    Kind of how I'm reading it. Gailey sucks, is 0-4 against the Jets. Mediocre coach who won't let his team go 0-5.

Thinking about it, he probably wanted to start 1-0 against us. next game he wanted to be 1-1 since he had already lost. Then 1-2 and then 1-3.

Can't figure out why this year would be different. He'll be a mediocre 0-5 against us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Kind of how I'm reading it. Gailey sucks, is 0-4 against the Jets. Mediocre coach who won't let his team go 0-5.

Thinking about it, he probably wanted to start 1-0 against us. next game he wanted to be 1-1 since he had already lost. Then 1-2 and then 1-3.

Can't figure out why this year would be different. He'll be a mediocre 0-5 against us.
    Think of all the mediocore teams and players that have come into the Meadowlands over the years and beaten the Jets. Sure, they probably didn't do it easily, and sure most of those games we felt were lost due to "SOJ" type of occurrences, but the fact is there are more of those games than you can shake a stick at. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this one is going to be any different. Don't shoot the messenger, just trying to keep it real...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think of all the mediocore teams and players that have come into the Meadowlands over the years and beaten the Jets. Sure, they probably didn't do it easily, and sure most of those games we felt were lost due to "SOJ" type of occurrences, but the fact is there are more of those games than you can shake a stick at. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this one is going to be any different. Don't shoot the messenger, just trying to keep it real...
    You're looking for attention...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, you're not.

Are the Jets going to lose because "the football gods" won't allow them a victory, or because they're not good enough to take advantage of a winnable game?

While I wouldn't agree with either position, the latter at least holds a smidgen of validity . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    If you'd be so kind, please provide examples of coaches that HAVE "allowed" their team to lose to an opponent . . .
    Think about it- the Buffalo Bills always are bad through and through, and this year figures to be no different. But, at the same time, they aren't going to go 0-16, are they? They're going to win some games this year, bad as they may be, but I just think the trends are too far tilted against the Jets to win this game. It's not like the Patriots who win 90% of their games against division opponents, this is the same mediocore New York Jets franchise that we've been accustomed to for all of our lives (other than those of you who are old enough to have actually seen the Super Bowl win). The Jets don't put together any 5-0 runs against any division rivals, no matter how bad they may be during that time and no matter how good the Jets may have been during that time. The Jets lose plenty of these games that they figure to win, historically. Anybody remember 2001 against the Bills? How about in 2006 against them where the Jets were riding high at 7-5 and the Bills were crap, and they came in and knocked the Jets around. What about 2009 where the Jets ran for 300+ yards against Buffalo and lost in overtime on a botched field goal snap? What about 2003-2005 when playing in Buffalo and the Jets were the better team and managed to lose all 3 of those games? 2007 in Buffalo when the Jets season was at a crossroads with a 1-2 record and Buffalo started a rookie quarterback who was playing his first game, and Buffalo won? How about 2009 against Miami when the Jets got swept by the Dolphins in crushing fashion, even though the Dolphins sucked? 2010 against Miami when the Jets were 9-3 and Miami sucked, and they lost to Tony Sparano and co at home? What about 2008 closing the season at home against Miami and laying yet another egg against Miami to officially be knocked out of the playoffs? On and on and on. the Jets history is littered with losses to teams like the one they're going to be facing on Sunday, and the way this team has been together (i.e. much less talent than the previous 3 teams since Rex took over), the pig appears ripe for the slaughter from Buffalo's standpoint...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a guy who sucks can decide the fate of his team? He can decide if his team wins or loses and this game is one he will choose to win?

You think the Jets are going to come out and want to lose? They know very well how the media has been talking about them, Rex has been making comments about how the media thinks they are going to finish in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think about it- the Buffalo Bills always are bad through and through, and this year figures to be no different. But, at the same time, they aren't going to go 0-16, are they? They're going to win some games this year, bad as they may be, but I just think the trends are too far tilted against the Jets to win this game. It's not like the Patriots who win 90% of their games against division opponents, this is the same mediocore New York Jets franchise that we've been accustomed to for all of our lives (other than those of you who are old enough to have actually seen the Super Bowl win). The Jets don't put together any 5-0 runs against any division rivals, no matter how bad they may be during that time and no matter how good the Jets may have been during that time. The Jets lose plenty of these games that they figure to win, historically. Anybody remember 2001 against the Bills? How about in 2006 against them where the Jets were riding high at 7-5 and the Bills were crap, and they came in and knocked the Jets around. What about 2009 where the Jets ran for 300+ yards against Buffalo and lost in overtime on a botched field goal snap? What about 2003-2005 when playing in Buffalo and the Jets were the better team and managed to lose all 3 of those games? 2007 in Buffalo when the Jets season was at a crossroads with a 1-2 record and Buffalo started a rookie quarterback who was playing his first game, and Buffalo won? How about 2009 against Miami when the Jets got swept by the Dolphins in crushing fashion, even though the Dolphins sucked? 2010 against Miami when the Jets were 9-3 and Miami sucked, and they lost to Tony Sparano and co at home? What about 2008 closing the season at home against Miami and laying yet another egg against Miami to officially be knocked out of the playoffs? On and on and on. the Jets history is littered with losses to teams like the one they're going to be facing on Sunday, and the way this team has been together (i.e. much less talent than the previous 3 teams since Rex took over), the pig appears ripe for the slaughter from Buffalo's standpoint...
    So in other words, you don't have any examples, correct?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    So a guy who sucks can decide the fate of his team? He can decide if his team wins or loses and this game is one he will choose to win?

You think the Jets are going to come out and want to lose? They know very well how the media has been talking about them, Rex has been making comments about how the media thinks they are going to finish in 3rd or 4th place in the division.
    Of course it's not that the Jets are going to want to lose, but I just think Buffalo is going to be able to stay in this game, and have a chance to win it late, and they'll be able to do it ultimately, imo. Hope I'm wrong, but considering the Jets have lost 7 consecutive ball games, there's not much to be hopeful for right now when it comes to the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it's not that the Jets are going to want to lose, but I just think Buffalo is going to be able to stay in this game, and have a chance to win it late, and they'll be able to do it ultimately, imo. Hope I'm wrong, but considering the Jets have lost 7 consecutive ball games, there's not much to be hopeful for right now when it comes to the Jets.
    Wait, so since the Bills have lost 4 in a row against us, odds are they'll win this time, but since we've lost "7" games in a row, we'll probably lose another one?

Sorry -- must be a slow learner . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You never go full retard!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're grasping at straws looking for reasons to justify if the Jets lose sunday. in all honesty, the Bills offense does not scare me. Fitzpatrick isn't that good, Fred Jackson can do some things, and other then Stevie Johnson, they have no receiving threat.

its the defense that i'm worried about!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is beginning to sound like the "Trojan" strategy all over again,but this time for the Bills.