Thread: Shaun O'Hara Anyone?.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Shaun O'Hara Anyone?.

I know he's officially retiring as a NY Giant today, but any chance our FO could coax him over the fence and come play back up Center for the Jets? Even if it's just a one year deal? He wouldn't have to move out of his Rutherford home anytime soon and would be a much better cushion at Center than Caleb Schladerhoff.

Just sayin.

Hall Of Fame
    You got a crush or something?

He has a decent gig at NFLN. I think he likes what he is doing now. Jets would have to make him an offer he couldn't refuse and that wouldn't make any sense.

Although we are paying a backup lineman $2.5 million. So I suppose anything is possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I know he's officially retiring as a NY Giant today, but any chance our FO could coax him over the fence and come play back up Center for the Jets? Even if it's just a one year deal? He wouldn't have to move out of his Rutherford home anytime soon and would be a much better cushion at Center than Caleb Schladerhoff.

Just sayin.
    Apparently the dolphins looked at him and passed. Any air in that balloon?

Jets Insider VIP
    lol, why the **** would a 35 year old guy with chronic foot issues spurn retirement and a cushy media gig for the dysfunctional cross-town rivals?

You've got a better chance of convincing Mawae to suit up again.

enough with the former giaints already. how did sam garnes make out? what about plax or even jumbo eliot?

All Pro

Just sayin.
    I think Slausen looked pretty good at center. He got a lot of reps there, and he would slide in with Vlad taking over at LG

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    enough with the former giaints already. how did sam garnes make out? what about plax or even jumbo eliot?
    Jumbo had good hands!

All League
    i dont remember jumbo elliot being that bad in my memory.. didnt he get a touchdown in the monday night miracle???

All League
    Limolady loves her some elderly retired centers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jumbo had one of the biggest TD catches in Jets history.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    i dont remember jumbo elliot being that bad in my memory.. didnt he get a touchdown in the monday night miracle???
    Yeah he caught 3 on one play. He held his own out there. Mostly on brute strength.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    lol, why the **** would a 35 year old guy with chronic foot issues spurn retirement and a cushy media gig for the dysfunctional cross-town rivals?

You've got a better chance of convincing Mawae to suit up again.
    Or accept O'Hara anally.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think Slausen looked pretty good at center. He got a lot of reps there, and he would slide in with Vlad taking over at LG
    Thanks. I hope that's the case, but I think Center is the 2nd most important job on a team. Mangold? Excellent anchor & gives 100% every game, but visons of Baltimore & Colin Baxter are hard to shake. Poor #6, people want to beat him up, but IMO he got beat up pretty bad last season without a viable backup at Center.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Limolady loves her some elderly retired centers.
    Limolady loves any lineman, especially Center that can help stop Sanchez from having to eat Fieldturf sandwiches on game day(s).

Veteran

Just sayin.
    is this real?