Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALERT: If you boo Sanchez this season hoping for Tebow to replace him, please read...

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    You miss the point. There are certain posters on this board who have a better handle on what it takes to be a real Jets fan and they feel it is their job and god given right to lecture everyone else on the subject.

You are simply supposed accept the criticism and promise to do better in the future. Please get with the program.
    I apologize.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    when jet fans boo santa clause I will then consider us the worst fans in the league
    Haha, unlike Jumbo Elliott who beat up a limousine driver dressed up as Santa Claus. (-;

People are sheep. I call them Sheepole. One guy starts booing & the Sheepole chime in. Of course they have no idea what they are booing about, but they certainly thought it was a good idea at the time. Tebow is not a starting QB. Will the Sheepole boo Tebow when he gets sacked & start chanting McElroy? I doubt half the stadium even knows who McElroy even is.

Veteran
    It's just a good thing we're playing the Bills week 1. Hopefully a win and some success on offense will calm this fan base down, at least for a little while. With games vs the steelers, 49ers and texans all within the first 5 weeks, things might look ugly for a while before they start looking good again.

Undrafted Free Agent
    All will be well.Some early growing pains by the entire offense which of course will reflect on Mark but nevertheless all will be well after the bye date.Stay united, lets all rally behind the J E T S.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    This upcoming season reminds me of '07 when our fans were becoming fed up with Pennington because his weak arm limited the offense's full potential. It was week 1, Chad goes down with an apparent ankle injury and fans start cheering. It was a moment I will never forget, one journalist for CBS at the time wrote an article titled "Take A Bow Jets Fans, You Truly Are Classless Idiots".

Of course the season is yet to start but I can see those same 'classless idiots' coming out again, jeering Sanchez and praying for his demise. Just so that they can tell everyone 'see I told you he sucks' or 'I told you Tebow was gonna replace Sanchez by week 4'. As if their own ego is more important to satisfy than the franchise they supposedly root for.

Rooting for Sanchez to fail only shows your true colors as a fan, disloyal, ignorant and fickle. I know there are real Jets fans out there who realize this by the support I received from my last thread.

On a side note if Sanchez was to disappoint us, the only guy on our roster who possesses true QB skills is G-Mac, not Tim (I need 10 minutes to put together a scoring drive) Tebow.

If Tim was to take over as QB, Sparano would have to reconfigure the offense so that it becomes entirely Wildcat. No one will ever win a SB in this league today the way the Broncos played last year. The sooner you realize that the sooner us real fans will be at peace with our fan base.

Boo Sanchez for Tebow and you will hear it from all of US!
    I totally agree with. I was ashamed to be a Jets fan that day. It was truly a disgusting act that would have been horrible even if we had cheered an opponent's injury.

On that note, I think we made a mistake by going after Tebow. Like you said, no one is going to win a super bowl with Tebow as the starting QB. If Sanchez faltered or got injured, I would have liked to see what Stanton could bring to the table.

the biggest problem; all the real Jets fans who know better and post on here won't be booing, its the dumb casual fan who will boo and not realize they're rooting for a qb who can't throw

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Same here. I don't think I've ever booed at any sporting event, or any event for that matter. Always seemed like a silly thing to do IMO, a waste of energy. I go to the games to have fun - I don't even boo the opposition.

But I have no problem with people who post critical opinions of the home team on a message board.
    Never booed a bad call against your team?

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I totally agree with. I was ashamed to be a Jets fan that day. It was truly a disgusting act that would have been horrible even if we had cheered an opponent's injury.

On that note, I think we made a mistake by going after Tebow. Like you said, no one is going to win a super bowl with Tebow as the starting QB. If Sanchez faltered or got injured, I would have liked to see what Stanton could bring to the table.
    Tebow >> Stanton ... Not close. Stanton is the definition of backup JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Tebow >> Stanton ... Not close. Stanton is the definition of backup JAG.
    This is funny. If Stanton, who can actually throw, is a JAG, what does that make your boy Tebow, who can't? Answer: Not a pro style QB at all. Great runner though. I just don't want him starting if Mark goes down. Stanton I could deal with starting.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    This is funny. If Stanton, who can actually throw, is a JAG, what does that make your boy Tebow, who can't? Answer: Not a pro style QB at all. Great runner though. I just don't want him starting if Mark goes down. Stanton I could deal with starting.
    Tebow is the greater threat .. That is all that matters. I hope he never starts .. But if Mark goes down ... It's Tebow Time buddy!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Tebow is the greater threat .. That is all that matters. I hope he never starts .. But if Mark goes down ... It's Tebow Time buddy!
    No.

If Mark goes down there is only one QB on the roster and that is McElroy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    No.

If Mark goes down there is only one QB on the roster and that is McElroy.
    McElroy should have gotten all the 2nd team snaps during pre-season, not Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I agree with that......except, thats not why WOODY got him. WOODY not Tanny.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Because the non-wildcat snaps were essentially meaningless? That's a damn good point. Tebow is already comfortable at game speed; why bother?

Sometimes you really bring it.