Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: ALERT: If you boo Sanchez this season hoping for Tebow to replace him, please read...

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    staten island
    Posts
    236

    ALERT: If you boo Sanchez this season hoping for Tebow to replace him, please read...

    This upcoming season reminds me of '07 when our fans were becoming fed up with Pennington because his weak arm limited the offense's full potential. It was week 1, Chad goes down with an apparent ankle injury and fans start cheering. It was a moment I will never forget, one journalist for CBS at the time wrote an article titled "Take A Bow Jets Fans, You Truly Are Classless Idiots".

    Of course the season is yet to start but I can see those same 'classless idiots' coming out again, jeering Sanchez and praying for his demise. Just so that they can tell everyone 'see I told you he sucks' or 'I told you Tebow was gonna replace Sanchez by week 4'. As if their own ego is more important to satisfy than the franchise they supposedly root for.

    Rooting for Sanchez to fail only shows your true colors as a fan, disloyal, ignorant and fickle. I know there are real Jets fans out there who realize this by the support I received from my last thread.

    On a side note if Sanchez was to disappoint us, the only guy on our roster who possesses true QB skills is G-Mac, not Tim (I need 10 minutes to put together a scoring drive) Tebow.

    If Tim was to take over as QB, Sparano would have to reconfigure the offense so that it becomes entirely Wildcat. No one will ever win a SB in this league today the way the Broncos played last year. The sooner you realize that the sooner us real fans will be at peace with our fan base.

    Boo Sanchez for Tebow and you will hear it from all of US!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    This upcoming season reminds me of '07 when our fans were becoming fed up with Pennington because his weak arm limited the offense's full potential. It was week 1, Chad goes down with an apparent ankle injury and fans start cheering. It was a moment I will never forget, one journalist for CBS at the time wrote an article titled "Take A Bow Jets Fans, You Truly Are Classless Idiots".

    Of course the season is yet to start but I can see those same 'classless idiots' coming out again, jeering Sanchez and praying for his demise. Just so that they can tell everyone 'see I told you he sucks' or 'I told you Tebow was gonna replace Sanchez by week 4'. As if their own ego is more important to satisfy than the franchise they supposedly root for.

    Rooting for Sanchez to fail only shows your true colors as a fan, disloyal, ignorant and fickle. I know there are real Jets fans out there who realize this by the support I received from my last thread.

    On a side note if Sanchez was to disappoint us, the only guy on our roster who possesses true QB skills is G-Mac, not Tim (I need 10 minutes to put together a scoring drive) Tebow.

    If Tim was to take over as QB, Sparano would have to reconfigure the offense so that it becomes entirely Wildcat. No one will ever win a SB in this league today the way the Broncos played last year. The sooner you realize that the sooner us real fans will be at peace with our fan base.

    Boo Sanchez for Tebow and you will hear it from all of US!
    Do you really think these " classless idiots" as you call them care about hearing it from YOU.

    I was horrified when it happened. So humiliated by those jerkoffs.

    But talk to SAR I, he claims it never happened.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    Cool story bro.

    First three-and-out Marky will be serenaded.

    I won't be one of them, but if I were a betting man I would bet that it is going to happen.

    Two three-and-outs and the "Tebow" chants will start.

  4. #4
    Definitely going to happen ... Sad. I'll be limited to hearing about it on TV.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cool story bro.

    First three-and-out Marky will be serenaded.

    I won't be one of them, but if I were a betting man I would bet that it is going to happen.

    Two three-and-outs and the "Tebow" chants will start.
    Unfortunately, I've gotta agree with this. I was at the game when Chad
    went down and fans cheered to see Clemens.

    With a long dearth of super bowls we're a team of "expert" fans, each
    of whom would have guided us to the big game, if only the team staff
    read their posts (rantings) on venues like JI.

    Couple this fan attitude with some less-than-stellar play to a media-star
    backup QB and we've got a recipe for a repeat of fan-sanity.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    This upcoming season reminds me of '07 when our fans were becoming fed up with Pennington because his weak arm limited the offense's full potential. It was week 1, Chad goes down with an apparent ankle injury and fans start cheering. It was a moment I will never forget, one journalist for CBS at the time wrote an article titled "Take A Bow Jets Fans, You Truly Are Classless Idiots".

    Of course the season is yet to start but I can see those same 'classless idiots' coming out again, jeering Sanchez and praying for his demise. Just so that they can tell everyone 'see I told you he sucks' or 'I told you Tebow was gonna replace Sanchez by week 4'. As if their own ego is more important to satisfy than the franchise they supposedly root for.

    Rooting for Sanchez to fail only shows your true colors as a fan, disloyal, ignorant and fickle. I know there are real Jets fans out there who realize this by the support I received from my last thread.

    On a side note if Sanchez was to disappoint us, the only guy on our roster who possesses true QB skills is G-Mac, not Tim (I need 10 minutes to put together a scoring drive) Tebow.

    If Tim was to take over as QB, Sparano would have to reconfigure the offense so that it becomes entirely Wildcat. No one will ever win a SB in this league today the way the Broncos played last year. The sooner you realize that the sooner us real fans will be at peace with our fan base.

    Boo Sanchez for Tebow and you will hear it from all of US!
    Great post, especially the bolded part, because you just described most of what is wrong with this board today, and the shameless group of hacks that post on it doing exactly that...

  7. #7
    I remember the moment as well..

    I am not defending the fans..

    But opening day.. Having all sorts of trouble with what we all knew was a superior Patriots team..

    Chad had been nothing but injured all the time at that point..

    NOBODY thought he was capable of any success anymore..

    Throw in the fact that PSL's had just become a reality as well as this new expensive stadium with tons of fans sitting there knowing they were probably limited to going to Jets games anymore..

    And mix a little alcohol!!!

    And thare is the recipe for stupid behavior brought on from a stupid mismanaged organization that we all invested a lifetime of emotions into only to keep coming back for more..

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Unfortunately, I've gotta agree with this. I was at the game when Chad
    went down and fans cheered to see Clemens.

    With a long dearth of super bowls we're a team of "expert" fans, each
    of whom would have guided us to the big game, if only the team staff
    read their posts (rantings) on venues like JI.

    Couple this fan attitude with some less-than-stellar play to a media-star
    backup QB and we've got a recipe for a repeat of fan-sanity.
    40+ years of frustration. It is what it is. I don't agree with it but booing is the only real power (for lack of a better word) the fans have . And in NY they exercise it more than other places.

    Not for nothing but if Sanchez or Tebow or any player for that matter lets the booing get to them, then they aren't cut out for this and I don't want them. Not saying that is the case, just speaking hypothetically. Not saying I agree with the booing, but it is part of the deal. IMO it bothers the fans more than it does the players. At least I hope that is the case.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    40+ years of frustration. It is what it is. I don't agree with it but booing is the only real power (for lack of a better word) the fans have . And in NY they exercise it more than other places.

    Not for nothing but if Sanchez or Tebow or any player for that matter lets the booing get to them, then they aren't cut out for this and I don't want them. Not saying that is the case, just speaking hypothetically. Not saying I agree with the booing, but it is part of the deal. IMO it bothers the fans more than it does the players. At least I hope that is the case.
    Hope springs eternal.

    But seriously, I agree that playing this game in front of fans is their
    profession and although it likely does hurt to hear boos, recovering
    from emotional injury is as much a part of the job as is recovering from
    physical injury.

  10. #10
    The way Mark has been throwing there won't be any reason to boo him... WRs for drops or Oline for getting Mark dropped maybe...

    That said, when the teblow chants start I predict incidents of violence. People around me during pre-season did not take kindly when one or two AHs around us start with the teblow nonsense. Besides, there are enough of us real fans there to shout them down with Sanchez chants.

  11. #11
    If you smack a Tebow fan, by rule they have to turn the other cheek. So, smack away.

  12. #12
    What does wanting the back up to play having to do with cheering a player for being injured. The two can not be equated.

    When you have two qbs on the roster, both of whom have had some success in the past. then if one starts to falter you don't think fans of the other qb have the right to ask for their guy?

    Don't blame the fans for this, the fans did not trade for Tebow - the team did. The team heard the chants for Tebow no matter how Orton was playing,
    they knew what they were getting.

    And how do you think the Tebow fans should feel and react? They believe that Tebow is the best hope for the team, are they to sit passively while watching a qb who they believe is inferior having a bad game? Just because some other fans think Sanchez is the qb to lead the team?
    patman is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    I remember the moment as well..

    I am not defending the fans..

    But opening day.. Having all sorts of trouble with what we all knew was a superior Patriots team..

    Chad had been nothing but injured all the time at that point..

    NOBODY thought he was capable of any success anymore..

    Throw in the fact that PSL's had just become a reality as well as this new expensive stadium with tons of fans sitting there knowing they were probably limited to going to Jets games anymore..

    And mix a little alcohol!!!

    And thare is the recipe for stupid behavior brought on from a stupid mismanaged organization that we all invested a lifetime of emotions into only to keep coming back for more..
    You may not be defending but it sure sounds like you're justifying

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    If you smack a Tebow fan, by rule they have to turn the other cheek. So, smack away.
    Of course ... If you think of that action as a play in a football game .... It may not be a wise choice. Because , after all it's not one play that matters , but rather who wins in the end ... Only the loser will be roasting marshmallows with this guy.


  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Hope springs eternal.

    But seriously, I agree that playing this game in front of fans is their
    profession and although it likely does hurt to hear boos, recovering
    from emotional injury is as much a part of the job as is recovering from
    physical injury.
    So it's OK to be a insensitive pri(k, and boo someone INJURED because they're big boys and get paid for that. NEWSFLASH: they get paid to play football. the over the wall media, and idiot fans are just the unfortunate bi-product they deal with

    Sorry after re-reading that sounded over the top. Don't take it personally the whole situation bugs me and anything that smells of defending it makes me mad
    Last edited by CraigFL; 09-04-2012 at 08:49 AM.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,817
    I'll be incredibly disheartened if we're trailing at halftime...and Tebow chants start raining down when it's the surrounding players that have let the team down and not Sanchez himself

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I'll be incredibly disheartened if we're trailing at halftime...and Tebow chants start raining down when it's the surrounding players that have let the team down and not Sanchez himself
    I really do not think that will happen ... At least I PRAY it won't. ... Uh wait ...

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,320
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    patman is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    +1


    -

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I'll be incredibly disheartened if we're trailing at halftime...and Tebow chants start raining down when it's the surrounding players that have let the team down and not Sanchez himself
    yeah understood. Players dropping passes, lineman missing blocks etc. But that is the nature of being a qb, you get most of the credit and most of the blame.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    I undertsand fans will boo. But the feeling around the stadium at least the 2 pre-season games I was at was that the waiting game was on for Mark to mess up so that they can cheer on Tebow.
    Ironically after Tebow had that big gain on 3rd and 17 the place started chanting his name. Within two plays I believe he threw an INT right in the numbers of the Panther defender.
    The fact is Tebow is not a good QB. He can be a playmaker with his feet and occassionaly hit a pass but other than that Jet fans shoudl not be looking at him as the saviour of this team, but rather another player that can hopefully give something to make it better.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us