Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let Sanchez run the offense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Let Sanchez run the offense.

Seriously; Let Sanchez run the offense. Tony Sparano? Has he really proven much? Ever? In my opinion a hurry up offense with Sanchez at the helm will help the team. Say what you want, but our teams offense is miserable. After watching this team year after year when sanchez is in hurry up he makes some incredible throws. Throws elite qbs make. Should he listen more and go by the system that the coaches are trying to implement on him? Yes but he wont. And in the pit of my stomach I can honestly say that if Sanchez really is our number one guy we need to let him start running the offense the way he wants...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tman2812 View Post
    Seriously; Let Sanchez run the offense. Tony Sparano? Has he really proven much? Ever? In my opinion a hurry up offense with Sanchez at the helm will help the team. Say what you want, but our teams offense is miserable. After watching this team year after year when sanchez is in hurry up he makes some incredible throws. Throws elite qbs make. Should he listen more and go by the system that the coaches are trying to implement on him? Yes but he wont. And in the pit of my stomach I can honestly say that if Sanchez really is our number one guy we need to let him start running the offense the way he wants...

Sanchez is the QB, he will be running the offense

Is is fans like this that makes me want to kill somebody in the media for what they do, because their are fans out there that don't know, and the media is their ticket to knowing...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will have less responsibility/control this year than last year. The wildcat will be more pronounced and we will run the ball more. For better or worse. IMO Rex and the staff does not have enough faith in Sanchez to let him "run" the offense (ala Brady, Brees). Quite frankly, he hasn't earned that control. I know they have said all the right things but we shall see what happens. Actions speak louder.

Ray, where does the media fit in to the OP's point. Because he said the offense is "miserable"? It has been. Is that going to be the party line this season? "It's the media's fault". Has the "media" replaced Schotty?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, where does the media fit in to the OP's point. Because he said the offense is "miserable"? It has been. Is that going to be the party line this season? "It's the media's fault". Has the "media" replaced Schotty?
    We don't know what the offense IS this year. If it blows chunks the Sanchez acolytes will call for Sparano's head. But at some point ... You must look to the common denominator.

If the offense is efficient and proves capable, Sanchez will be off the hot seat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano's only season as a offensive play caller was in Dallas, Tony Romo's first season and he fielded a top 5 offense in both YPG and PPG.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only hope that Sparano is creative with the offense and makes in-game changes in order to exploit other teams' weaknesses, as opposed to pig-headedly sticking to a preconceived script regardless of the other team's ability to stop it...like the last guy did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is for sure ... We will all,find out Sunday ! cAnT. WaIT !

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's prudent to wait for the first 4 games to judge the offense. We have a lot of preconceived notions at the moment, but the fans haven't seen the offense in a full game experience with the full compliment of offensive players and playcalls.

So, to the OP, I think you're being a bit premature and DDNY as well in claiming that Sanchez will have less responsibility/control. Sanchez still has to read the D and make protection adjustments at the line. In fact, it's been reported that that responsibility will lay more with Sanchez than Mangold as it has in the past.

Let's just see how it plays out.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Offense will be exellent.
    The D is gonna party like it's 2009.
    We will sweep Buffalo AGAIN!!
    Revis had a full Training Camp.
    We don't have dumb ass Schotty anymore.

And..
    I'll go out on a limb and say "the Jets will rush for more than 300 yards vs Buffalo Sunday". BLOWOUT FASHION!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    One thing is for sure ... We will all,find out Sunday ! cAnT. WaIT !
    That's what it is. The off season is too damn long. I can't wait till Sunday and everyone can start arguing about what really happened instead of arguing about their imaginary fears. Of course our running game looks bad. We didn't stretch the field. Of course the passing game looks pedestrian. We didn't stretch the field. Will it happen? I don't know, but neither does anyone else.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    The Offense will be exellent.
    The D is gonna party like it's 2009.
    We will sweep Buffalo AGAIN!!
    Revis had a full Training Camp.
    We don't have dumb ass Schotty anymore.

And..
    I'll go out on a limb and say "the Jets will rush for more than 300 yards vs Buffalo Sunday". BLOWOUT FASHION!!
    lol, now that's funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it might not be such a terrible idea to give Sanchez a looser rein on offense.

last time we did that, he was completing 63% of his passes, averaging 300 yards/game and posting a 90 passer rating.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Sanchez is the QB, he will be running the offense

Is is fans like this that makes me want to kill somebody in the media for what they do, because their are fans out there that don't know, and the media is their ticket to knowing...
    +1

Media coverage of the Jets makes me sick, spewing their hatred agenda to fans who don't research things for themselves. Leaving out all the facts because it doesn't support their stance on the Jets. I wish fans would stop relying on ESPN to tell them how they should root for teams in the NFL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    lol, now that's funny.
    Bill's fan troll

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Put your patrol badge away

If you can't see how the media influences the fan base, and is a primary source for threads like this, than you are either naive, or refuse to acknowlege it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can't see how the media influences the fan base, and is a primary source for threads like this, than you are either naive, or refuse to acknowlege it.
    No.

I am not a sheep. Nor do I blame the media for anything.

I don't even see how the media had anything to do with his statement or how they influenced his opinion. He wants Sanchez to have more control of the offense and he questions Sparano's offensive philosophy and thinks Tebow will reduce Mark's role. Completely legitimate sentiments.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    +1

Media coverage of the Jets makes me sick, spewing their hatred agenda to fans who don't research things for themselves. Leaving out all the facts because it doesn't support their stance on the Jets. I wish fans would stop relying on ESPN to tell them how they should root for teams in the NFL.
    What have you seen as evidence that anything being reported by the media is a poor assumption about the Jets?

Most media agrees they see a championship defense and a very suspect offense.

What have you seen in the preseason(or anywhere else for that matter) to have any different opinion?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it might not be such a terrible idea to give Sanchez a looser rein on offense.

last time we did that, he was completing 63% of his passes, averaging 300 yards/game and posting a 90 passer rating.
    I don't understand why nobody was okay with the way the offense started out last season. Sanchez was flinging it around and we were putting up points. Then the media started calling out the Jets for not having "identity" and we went back to the scared offense we had the year before.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. I was listening to a radio show on espn, can't remember the d*uche' name, but he had a guest on from Yahoo sports who said that Rex Ryan once said that Wayne Hunter was the best RT in the NFL. Huh? Where the hell do these people come up with this stuff? So making a statement like that to a lot of listeners who believe things on face value b/c they don't pay attention to the Jets like we as fans do is what is fueling the Jets/Rex hate from other teams fans. No wonder people hate Rex and the Jets so damn much, including some of our brain dead posters who believe everything they hear from ESPN and other non experts. The radio show was Colin Cowherd, such a dumbass.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    What have you seen as evidence that anything being reported by the media is a poor assumption about the Jets?

Most media agrees they see a championship defense and a very suspect offense.

What have you seen in the preseason(or anywhere else for that matter) to have any different opinion?
    The Bills lost all 4 pre-season games, they looked terrible on offense and average on defense. Yet the so called "experts" are saying they will be better then the Jets and half of them are saying they will win the wild card. Some of these "experts" are saying the Jets will win 4-6 games this year! Yet the Bills will win 9 or 10? So how else do you explain that besides a clear bias against the Jets? The Jets obviously have a better defense then the Bills and the offenses are not that far apart from each other, according to the pre-season, to give the Bills the nod as a better overall team. So tell me how there isn't a bias against the Jets right now in the media.