Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Let Sanchez run the offense.

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    I don't understand why nobody was okay with the way the offense started out last season. Sanchez was flinging it around and we were putting up points. Then the media started calling out the Jets for not having "identity" and we went back to the scared offense we had the year before.
    i don't think it was a matter of identity or anything like that.

    our pass protection was getting Sanchez killed. after Mangold's injury and the debacle in Baltimore, Rex made the switch back to a more run-oriented offense to try and keep Mark in one piece.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's pretty clear to me that when sanchez gets protection, he's able to march down the field through the air. Take the Carolina game-- he was getting adequate protection, and we marched down the field (up until we called the idiotic run up the gut and subsequent screen pass....)

    If we use some common sense with the play calls and give Mark time to throw the ball, he can fling it around just fine

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The Bills lost all 4 pre-season games, they looked terrible on offense and average on defense. Yet the so called "experts" are saying they will be better then the Jets and half of them are saying they will win the wild card. Some of these "experts" are saying the Jets will win 4-6 games this year! Yet the Bills will win 9 or 10? So how else do you explain that besides a clear bias against the Jets? The Jets obviously have a better defense then the Bills and the offenses are not that far apart from each other, according to the pre-season, to give the Bills the nod as a better overall team. So tell me how there isn't a bias against the Jets right now in the media.
    With the addition of Mario Williams it is fair to expect the Bills Defense to be better than last year, and they weren't bad last year.

    On offense they have better running prospects than the Jets and equally questionable QB play. Prbably a bit better at WR.

    The teams are not far apart and with the Jets O-line troubles being well documented, it isn't unreasonable the think the Bills may be a bit ahead.

    Most 'experts' have the Jets at 7-9 wins, Bills around the same. I haven't seen many with the Jets at 4-6 wins.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    What have you seen as evidence that anything being reported by the media is a poor assumption about the Jets?

    Most media agrees they see a championship defense and a very suspect offense.

    What have you seen in the preseason(or anywhere else for that matter) to have any different opinion?
    have you not seen the idiotic articles written abt the Jets posted on JI?

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    have you not seen the idiotic articles written abt the Jets posted on JI?
    They are in the minority and are just there to get people riled up.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i don't think it was a matter of identity or anything like that.

    our pass protection was getting Sanchez killed. after Mangold's injury and the debacle in Baltimore, Rex made the switch back to a more run-oriented offense to try and keep Mark in one piece.
    I remember watching tv and repeatedly the team would be called out for not sticking with what worked the season before and putting blame on Sanchez. The Ravens game was up until that point an anomaly especially if you look at his stats up to that point. He was throwing for 300 yards, 2 tds and a passer rating over 90 every game. Sanchez was beat up against the Raiders and he still put up plenty of points our defense just folded. What I never understood or liked is that Rex declared a return to ground and pound that villainized Sanchez as what was wrong with the team.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    With the addition of Mario Williams it is fair to expect the Bills Defense to be better than last year, and they weren't bad last year.

    On offense they have better running prospects than the Jets and equally questionable QB play. Prbably a bit better at WR.

    The teams are not far apart and with the Jets O-line troubles being well documented, it isn't unreasonable the think the Bills may be a bit ahead.

    Most 'experts' have the Jets at 7-9 wins, Bills around the same. I haven't seen many with the Jets at 4-6 wins.
    The Bills defense was ranked 27th in total yards last year thats not average, it's bad. Adding 2 guys to the defense isn't going to change it that much. Especially when they're both not very good against the run and the Bills were 14th last year against the run and didn't improve it this off season. I will agree that their d-line is better then ours, but we have a better line backer group and a much better secondary. The defenses aren't even comparable. With all of the heat that we have gotten about 1 guy on our offensive line, they have 3 positions that are question marks across their offensive line. Our line is better. They have better rbs for sure, QB is debatable. For all of the sh*t Sanchez gets Fitzpatrick threw 23 ints last year, 5 more then Sanchez and 23 TDs which is 3 less then Sanchez. Stevie Johnson = Holmes talent wise, the rest of both of our WR's are questions marks, it's a toss up. Our TE is better and more productive then theirs. So when you look at all of that and see how overall we have a better team when you break it down it is mind boggling to hear how the Jets will be terrible and the Bills will be the surprise team this year from the media "experts".

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    I remember watching tv and repeatedly the team would be called out for not sticking with what worked the season before and putting blame on Sanchez. The Ravens game was up until that point an anomaly especially if you look at his stats up to that point. He was throwing for 300 yards, 2 tds and a passer rating over 90 every game. Sanchez was beat up against the Raiders and he still put up plenty of points our defense just folded. What I never understood or liked is that Rex declared a return to ground and pound that villainized Sanchez as what was wrong with the team.
    the Ravens game was an anomaly in many ways but it highlighted how awful our pass protection was, especially since we were without Mangold.

    although it was interpreted as such, the return to ground and pound was not an indictment on Sanchez but rather a measure implemented to protect him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us