Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex dept. : " Rex Ryan doesn't think it's even possible he'll be fired " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Arrow Rex dept. : " Rex Ryan doesn't think it's even possible he'll be fired " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Morning take : Rex Ryan's job security

Here are the most interesting stories Tuesday in the AFC East :

Head coach Rex Ryan says he cannot see himself getting fired by the New York Jets.

Morning take : Ryan is confident that he is a good coach, and I agree. However, no coach is above being fired if the team underperforms. Ryan must win consistently like everyone else. He must get back to his winning ways this season.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...s-job-security

Hall Of Fame
    Rex can't see himself getting fired

Rex Ryan might be out of the guarantee business, but he still has tremendous confidence in himself.In a radio interview Monday, the Jets' coach said he doesn't envision a scenario in which he could be fired after the season."I know I'm a great coach," he said on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN New York 98.7. "What makes me a great coach is the guys that coach with me and the players that play for me, and everything else this organization has for me. It's hard for me to look at myself not being successful. I don't even see (getting fired) as a possibility.

"It might be 10 years from now, or 15 years from now, when Woody Johnson wants to go in a different direction. That's fine. But I'm going to tell you one thing: I have complete confidence in myself. I'll leave it to the experts to say my job is on the line. I know one thing: I'm going to give everything I have to this organization ... We'll add it up at the end of the season."Ryan has a 28-20 record in three seasons, plus four playoff wins. He led the Jets to the AFC Championship Game in his first two seasons, but they stumbled badly last year, collapsing in December to finish 8-8 and missing the playoffs.Ryan is signed through 2014.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-getting-fired

Talking

Rex will need an OC that consistently gets the offense
    in the top 5.

He is a great defensive coach, and a lot of fun,
    players play for him, and like him, but a critical
    decision is coming in the replacement of Westoff
    and if Tony doesn't get the offense into gear,
    and I mean top ten this year, he will need
    to be replaced immediately.

Other teams have no problem replacing their OC
    during the season, Tony may be the right offensive
    mind for the Jets, but then again, he really doesn't
    have a track record as an OC, one year in Dallas,
    and he did pretty well, even though he was
    replaced as the play caller the next season
    by Garrett.

I'm not sure about this guy, Powell was
    given a role w/0 earning it, Ganaway
    with Greene, Mc Night, and Tebow
    would have made a formidable
    group, switching the load from game
    to game, and giving Tebow carries
    as RB, using him with Sanchez.

Tebow is a running back, he just doesn't
    want to admit it, he thinks he's a QB,
    but in reality, he is another Riggins,
    oh well, a lot of us wanted to be the
    QB, but we had to play the position
    that God intended us to play. I''m
    sure Brick would love to be a star
    QB, ;but with his size and build,
    he had to play T.

Tebow is stud running back and will
    cause massive problems for teams
    in the same backfield w/ Sanchez,
    I'd like to a two back set with
    Greene, Tebow and Sanchez,
    using a fullback or tight end
    in the backfield with Tebow and
    Sanchez would also be interesting.

Rex knows he deserves this year and
    next to right the ship, I just hope he
    gets the right coordinators, look at the
    history of the league, great coaches always
    had great coordinators when they won their
    championships, and struggled when they
    didn't.

Rex / Wiess Rex / Callahan Rex / Diego Jet Fan

now these are winning combinations !
    Last edited by Diego Jet Fan; 09-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    Q&A :
    Why No O-Lineman Early in the Draft ?

> http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...d-46b7c2e2d311

I think both coach and GM have at least 2 years after this one no matter how bad they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think both coach and GM have at least 2 years after this one no matter how bad they do.
    SAME OLD JETS-----THANK YOU DUMMY JOHNSON

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    ...It sure beats the alternative, namely, sitting on a barstool like a Jets fan.

> http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...4ec8de43e.html

Banned
    Marc Sessler NFL.com

Rex Ryan won't survive the season Rex Ryan says he can't fathom being fired by the Jets . Ryan says this year's team could be his best one yet . He says his defense is special. Sandwiched in between these reveries, he's taking passive-aggressive digs at his general manager, distancing himself from issues, hinting he wanted nothing to do with the drafting of Stephen Hill . Really? This was meant to be nose-to-the-grindstone time in Florham Park, but Ryan is still talking. This team is a media circus. Undisciplined. Lacking weapons on offense. Acting like they've arrived. I don't see it. The Jets will sputter out of the gate as the season opens -- and Ryan won't be here when it ends.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000000581...s-predictions/

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Marc Sessler NFL.com

Rex Ryan won't survive the season Rex Ryan says he can't fathom being fired by the Jets . Ryan says this year's team could be his best one yet . He says his defense is special. Sandwiched in between these reveries, he's taking passive-aggressive digs at his general manager, distancing himself from issues, hinting he wanted nothing to do with the drafting of Stephen Hill . Really? This was meant to be nose-to-the-grindstone time in Florham Park, but Ryan is still talking. This team is a media circus. Undisciplined. Lacking weapons on offense. Acting like they've arrived. I don't see it. The Jets will sputter out of the gate as the season opens -- and Ryan won't be here when it ends.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000000581...s-predictions/
    Who is this douche Sessler? ... And why do I care ??

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

This is why our team is considered a circus and why the Post portrayed us as clowns. SMH.

Blow the whole thing up. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

SAR was right.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    This is why our team is considered a circus and why the Post portrayed us as clowns. SMH.

Blow the whole thing up. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

SAR was right.
    Yeah this is it.

All League
    Rex isn't going anywhere. The jets decided to become a legit franchise and not fire coaches like the Oakland raiders

Hall Of Fame
    Rex : We're better than you think

There he goes again.

Perhaps trying to foster an us-against-the-world mentality, Rex Ryan didn't pass up an opportunity Thursday to tell the so-called experts they're under-estimating the Jets."I think we have a better football team than people are giving us credit for," he said. "I also think our organization is a lot better than people are giving us credit for. The circus thing is kind of a little old for me. I think our record (28-20) says otherwise in the three years that we've been together."

"I'm not afraid to say it: I think this is going to be an outstanding football team, the best team we've had since I've been here. How that reflects on the record, I'm not sure. This team, this organization are headed in the right direction. I don't know if that's the national perspective, but it's my perspective."When it was suggested that Ryan wants people to take the Jets seriously, he shook his head no."I promise you," he said, "our opponents will take us seriously, regardless of who it is."

HILL WILL START :
    There wasn't much doubt about this, but rookie WR Stephen Hill will start. He will become the first rookie receiver since Wayne Chrebet in 1995 to start the season opener. You're probably wondering about Keyshawn Johnson, the No. 1 overall pick in 1996. No, he didn't start the opener.

BACKFIELD DEPTH :
    Ryan declined to spell out his running-back depth chart, refusing to say whether Bilal Powell or Joe McKnight is the No. 2 behind Shonn Greene. Based on preseason reps, it's quite obvious that Powell is ahead of McKnight, both as the No. 2 back and as the third-down back.Ryan said they drafted Powell (fourth round) last year with the intention that he'd replace LaDainian Tomlinson. And so he has.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...than-you-think

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    "I think we have a better football team than people are giving us credit for,"
    I CANT BELIEVE HE SAID THIS!!

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!