Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NYP Cover Today

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    When you win 3 Super Bowl titles*, 5 AFC Championships* and 8 Division titles*, you can pout anytime you want.
    Fixed*

When you win 3 Super Bowl titles, 5 AFC Championships and 8 Division titles, you can pout anytime you want.
    You are living a delusion; the Pats have never won a super bowl, no matter how often Brady pouts or not.

They did win 2-3 AFCE titles after Spygate and got to the SB, that credit is due.

Despite being the oldest continuously running daily paper in the country, here are some awards stats:

...................Pulitzers....NY Press Club 2012
    NY Times......103.....................3
    WSJ...............33.......................6
    Daily News...10.......................2
    Post................0.........................0

Oh and "According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible.[32]"

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Giants 645 wins-531 losses (114 wins OVER .500)
    Jets 359 wins-421 losses (62 wins UNDER .500)

Yeah.....probably identical.
    By which angle do you see it appropriate to comoare two teams' records when your sample size has a difference of almost 400 games?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    SAR, why didn't you tell us you got a job at the Post?

That's worthy of hi-res.

I'm glad that this is happening because it's the only way Woody will do what needs to be done.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 09-04-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

That's worthy of hi-res.

I'm glad that this is happening because it's the only way Woody will do what needs to be done.

SAR I
    Damn, they even have Tebow fumbling the ball.

you realize that there is less proof that tommy boy got lucky than the number of superbowl appearances?

When you win 3 Super Bowl titles, 5 AFC Championships and 8 Division titles, you can pout anytime you want.

Unless we win it all, this crap will never go away.

i wonder if guido included the pisarcik season or the yale bowl years in his compilation? does he even remember ray handley? or dave brown?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    By which angle do you see it appropriate to comoare two teams' records when your sample size has a difference of almost 400 games?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    No statistical analysis on my part, so sample size is irrelevant. Merely pointing out to a poster who stated both teams are equal in terms of winning games in the regular season, that one team has a history of winning, and the other, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i wonder if guido included the pisarcik season or the yale bowl years in his compilation? does he even remember ray handley? or dave brown?

Fine. Going back only to 1960, the Giants are 390 wins and 387 losses vs. the Jets at 359 and 421. One team just over .500 and one very much below.

Better?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

What needs to be done? He's responsible for providing the tent and hiring the clowns in the first place.

Who cares about this lousy rag and the dumb posters who give it credence?

Jets Insider VIP

Fine. Going back only to 1960, the Giants are 390 wins and 387 losses vs. the Jets at 359 and 421. One team just over .500 and one very much below.

Better?
    Yes it's better.

And when you consider that while the Jets were a struggling expansion team at a time when the NFL draft was not exactly an equitable situation for AFL teams, the Giants were 39-12 while the Jets were 24-31. A difference of 34 games in the W-L column.

Kinda brings it more into focus doesn't it?

Hall Of Fame
    Damn, they even have Tebow fumbling the ball.
    Is his arm going forwards or backwards? With his motion it is difficult to tell.

No statistical analysis on my part, so sample size is irrelevant. Merely pointing out to a poster who stated both teams are equal in terms of winning games in the regular season, that one team has a history of winning, and the other, not so much.
    All of that to say: I was merely trolling.

It's cool, some posters are fun to mess with. That however, was simply a pathetic attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is his arm going forwards or backwards? With his motion it is difficult to tell.
    Brady's circa '01? Or Tebow's?

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Why is it that we are considered clowns yet the Giants can say and do whatever they want?

I get it they have won two superbowls in recent years but its not like we have done nothing. Our in season record are probably identical.
    Because the Giants are SB champions. If the Jets win the SB, they'll be able to say and do whatever they want.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's still tweaking his mechanics.

Another 2 weeks and he should be good.

_

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Why is this the truth? Why are the Jets clowns?

For picking up a QB that won a playoff game last year as their back-up?

For not scoring a TD in the pre-season?

For drafting un-proven yet incredibly talented WR in the second round?

For being 8 and 8 last year?

Its f'en bullcrap. It really is.

Its fun to kick people when they are down and thats all the media has done.

And unforunately, unevolved humans love to do the same. Mocking things and people that are different, things they THINK they understand.

Imagine if Belichick or the Ravens had signed Tebow, we would read all about how amazing that move was and how its not a QB CONTROVERSY but a QB COMPLIMENTARY move. Jerk me off already.
    Thats why the media, Francesa, Cimini, ESPN, the NFL Darlings can all eat crap as far as im concerned.

And yet every single championship he's ever won is tainted.

But hey, I guess i'd pout too if I knew that cheating singlehandidly won those trophies for me and I can't seem to win anything without bending the rules.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 09-04-2012 at 10:36 PM.