Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 140

Thread: NYP Cover Today

  1. #81
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Damn, they even have Tebow fumbling the ball.
    Ref says "Tuck Rule".

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    And yet every single championship he's ever won is tainted.

    But hey, I guess i'd pout too if I knew that cheating singlehandidly won those trophies for me and I can't seem to win anything without bending the rules.

    It's really safe to say nowadays that:

    The Patriots are the LANCE ARMSTRONG'S of the NFL.

    There was a debate the other day on NFL Network if Brady was better than Joe Montana....Brady was picked ahead of Joe Montana by most of the idiots but funny that I dont remember Joe Montana and the 49ers being accused of cheating when they won the SB's.
    Oh wait, there was something with the 49'ers and Carmen Policy, im sure there was a scandal there. Man, I guess the media just gives a pass to whoever they like. Huh.
    Cause why is Barry Bonds and Mark Maguire considered cheaters and owners of questionable records, yet, Tom Brady and the Pats just got a pass?
    If the the best QB OF ALL TIME was the beneficiary of any funny business, why should we still consider him the BEST OF ALL TIME?
    Barry Bonds aint the best of all time, Lance Armstrong is no longer the best of all time, but Tom Brady and the cheating Pats get a pass?
    Cheating is cheating, the 49ers did some cheating with the salary cap and if they won any SB's during that time, well their crappy trophies are tainted too.

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    That's worthy of hi-res.

    I'm glad that this is happening because it's the only way Woody will do what needs to be done.

    SAR I
    I like the Jets balloons. Would be cool to have some of those as decorations for opening day

  4. #84
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post




    Damn, they even have Tebow fumbling the ball.
    Nah, Tebow's about to smash the ball and knock Eli off the road.

  5. #85
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esiason2Moore TD View Post
    I went to grade school and high school with the guy who wrote the article (Mike Vaccaro). He writes like I remember him, still the same..
    He's the clown here. If he had any talent he wouldn't be writing for that rag.

  6. #86
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    It's really safe to say nowadays that:

    The Patriots are the LANCE ARMSTRONG'S of the NFL.

    There was a debate the other day on NFL Network if Brady was better than Joe Montana....Brady was picked ahead of Joe Montana by most of the idiots but funny that I dont remember Joe Montana and the 49ers being accused of cheating when they won the SB's.
    Oh wait, there was something with the 49'ers and Carmen Policy, im sure there was a scandal there. Man, I guess the media just gives a pass to whoever they like. Huh.
    Cause why is Barry Bonds and Mark Maguire considered cheaters and owners of questionable records, yet, Tom Brady and the Pats just got a pass?
    If the the best QB OF ALL TIME was the beneficiary of any funny business, why should we still consider him the BEST OF ALL TIME?
    Barry Bonds aint the best of all time, Lance Armstrong is no longer the best of all time, but Tom Brady and the cheating Pats get a pass?
    Cheating is cheating, the 49ers did some cheating with the salary cap and if they won any SB's during that time, well their crappy trophies are tainted too.
    Remember seeing this too and IMHO its Montana over Brady. (ESPECIALLY AFTER SPYGATE).

    Too bad the media wont mention anything to tarnish the reputation of "Tawmmy Terrific".

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Brush up on your defamation law.
    You really went to law school? See unanimous SCOTUS decision: Hustler Magazine v. Falwell. Even before that decision (more than 25 years ago now, I believe), satire was always considered fair ground for public figures.

    Don't disseminate falsehoods like that. Government-paid liars do the job well enough without your help.
    Last edited by Rhode Island Green; 09-05-2012 at 06:06 AM.

  8. #88
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Rex has been presented a tremendous opportunity to bring the team together under an "us against the world" mentality. Nobody believes in this team but Rex and the team themselves.

    A smart coach would use this to fire the guys up, much like Rex did vs. the Patriots in the playoffs 2 seasons ago (as evidenced by the Bart Scott post-game interview).

    Maybe sprinkle in some Jerry Jones-style media restrictions as a "f*ck you" to the NYC media. And then let your record do the talking for you.
    What are you talking about? This is not a shot at the players but at the management. How are you going to fire up the players, by calling attention to the fact that the FO and coaching staff are not held in high esteem.

    Besides Holmes and Cro the players have been fine this off season. Ellis had the trial, but that was for something that happened long before the jets.

    It is Rex's big mouth, Tanny spending future dollars, not reading the Tebow contract. signing holmes to a contract that prevented him being traded/cut. Woody being too hands on. Those are the things that brought this
    on to the jets, not the players.

  9. #89
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Its f'en bullcrap. It really is.

    Its fun to kick people when they are down and thats all the media has done.

    And unforunately, unevolved humans love to do the same. Mocking things and people that are different, things they THINK they understand.

    Imagine if Belichick or the Ravens had signed Tebow, we would read all about how amazing that move was and how its not a QB CONTROVERSY but a QB COMPLIMENTARY move. Jerk me off already.
    Thats why the media, Francesa, Cimini, ESPN, the NFL Darlings can all eat crap as far as im concerned.
    Who in their right mind would think that Tebow was brought in to compete or light a fire under Brady? Tebow was brought in after the coach and front office both questioned Sanchez's ability as a leader as did players on the team.

    Why did Elway make the trade?

    Your team wanted and sought media attention, compare that to the Giants over the last 5 years. You invite ESPN to camp on your lawn and you expect them to report on langston's progress as the #4 CB. You got a HC that guarantees a SB, and gives out locker room insight such as Coples and hill comments last week. You got a GM that did not read the Tebow contract before making the trade. You got an owner who says with a straight face that he did not think that Tebow would bring that much attention. then the next week says the more Tebow the better.

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Who in their right mind would think that Tebow was brought in to compete or light a fire under Brady? Tebow was brought in after the coach and front office both questioned Sanchez's ability as a leader as did players on the team.

    Why did Elway make the trade?

    Your team wanted and sought media attention, compare that to the Giants over the last 5 years. You invite ESPN to camp on your lawn and you expect them to report on langston's progress as the #4 CB. You got a HC that guarantees a SB, and gives out locker room insight such as Coples and hill comments last week. You got a GM that did not read the Tebow contract before making the trade. You got an owner who says with a straight face that he did not think that Tebow would bring that much attention. then the next week says the more Tebow the better.
    You're exaggerating.

  11. #91
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    You're exaggerating.
    What am I exaggerating? The jets desire for publicity? I don't think so as I may have understated their quest for the back pages.

  12. #92
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    When you win 3 Super Bowl titles, 5 AFC Championships and 8 Division titles, you can pout anytime you want.
    Mind you, Zero rings without the video taping. Any team in this league can win by cheating dude!!!

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady > Montana ... I watched them both play. I honestly have never seen anything like Brady. And I hate it. Can't wait till this ****er retires. What IS funny is BB coaching record without Brady.

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Mind you, Zero rings without the video taping. Any team in this league can win by cheating dude!!!
    Ah, the Jets fans only defense to the Patriots total domination over the last 10 years.

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Ah, the Jets fans only defense to the Patriots total domination over the last 10 years.
    Yet, it's true...

  16. #96
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    transplanted new yorker in maryland
    Posts
    4,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As long as we are on the cover Woody is happy.
    sadly i tend to agree you.. still, that's a shameful back page.. not to worry though, rex will use this as added motivation..

  17. #97
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    You really went to law school? See unanimous SCOTUS decision: Hustler Magazine v. Falwell. Even before that decision (more than 25 years ago now, I believe), satire was always considered fair ground for public figures.

    Don't disseminate falsehoods like that. Government-paid liars do the job well enough without your help.
    I never said that they had a solid case or a winnable case. But they have grounds to pursue it if they wish. At least light a little fire. That was my point.

    And satire alone is not a defense if they can prove actual malice. The point that you were mistaken about.

    Malice IS a standard when looking at defamation of a public figure.

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I never said that they had a solid case or a winnable case. But they have grounds to pursue it if they wish. At least light a little fire. That was my point.

    And satire alone is not a defense if they can prove actual malice. The point that you were mistaken about.

    Malice IS a standard when looking at defamation of a public figure.
    Ah hah!

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Ah, the Jets fans only defense to the Patriots total domination over the last 10 years.
    Haven't won a SB in 8 years, calm down skippy

  20. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Haven't won a SB in 8 years, calm down skippy
    And the Jets haven't won an outright AFCE title in 14 years.

    What's your point?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us