Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 140 of 140

Thread: NYP Cover Today

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    And that right there tells me the media is in story manufacturing mode. They were rooting, hoping and praying that there would be a QB controversy. There hasn't been because Sanchez has played fairly well and Tim Tebow looks like a shot putter when he throws a football.

    But the media (and trolls) will hang on to what they thought SHOULD have happened...even if it didn't.
    Sanchez has played well? uhm... what?

  2. #122
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're right for once. There IS a difference between the two. But actual malice relates to this topic and common law malice does not. Don't quit your day job.


    Gotta love the Google Lawyers on this board.
    Correct, but you still managed to botch it up. LOL

    There is no actual malice to prove in this case and therefore no action to pursue.

    (Not) surprised you didn't know that.

    You are drowning here, as usual, so give it up.

    .
    Last edited by jetrider; 09-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    My point was very clear.

    Yours? The Jets, what they've won wasn't the point now was it. I didn't bring the Jets up, thats your obsession. You're need to compare the Pats to the Jets as validation I guess.

    I'm not shooting my mouth off like my team is the Giants or one of the other teams that has actually won something in 8 years.

    That would your dance.
    Fair enough JN.

  4. #124
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Correct, but you still managed to botch it up. LOL

    There is no actual malice to prove in this case and therefore no action to pursue.

    (Not) surprised you didn't know that.

    You are drowning here, as usual, so give it up.

    .
    Did I ever say there was?

    No I didn't. In fact, I said it would be hard to prove.

    But that's what happens when you butt into the conversations of the adults without knowing what the **** you're talking about.

  5. #125
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,778
    A lawsuit against the NY Post is an absurd idea.

  6. #126
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    A lawsuit against the NY Post is an absurd idea.
    Okay.

  7. #127
    This is the best locker room billboard stuff I've seen so far. That has got to motivate this team!

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Hip Screw View Post
    This is the best locker room billboard stuff I've seen so far. That has got to motivate this team!
    If professional NFL players need to be motivated, they shouldn't be playing.

  9. #129
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If professional NFL players need to be motivated, they shouldn't be playing.
    True - but that does not change the fact that many of them do need to be motivated. Let's face it - if you are human you need to motivated to do better now and again.

  10. #130
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If professional NFL players need to be motivated, they shouldn't be playing.
    I believe there is such a thing as EXTRA motivation.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If professional NFL players need to be motivated, they shouldn't be playing.
    If threre was no such thing as billboard material motivation, why the heck would anyone care about "Talking" or "Making Gurantees." I definitly feel there is something that builds up inside and brings out the best when you have something to prove or out for revenge, or playing mad, or with a huge crowd at your back cheering you on.

  12. #132
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Did I ever say there was?

    No I didn't. In fact, I said it would be hard to prove.

    But that's what happens when you butt into the conversations of the adults without knowing what the **** you're talking about.
    Oh, when you chime in on a thread you "own" it from that point on? LOL

    Your first blunder here was to tell RIG to "brush up" on the law when you weren't 100% sure of your own words - meaning you didn't know what the f-ck YOU were talking about.

    And you still don't. Once again, you're a waffling idiot ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If I were Woody, Rex, Sanchez or Tebow, I would be on the phone with an attorney. There are statutes relating to "commercial disparagement" and of course there are general defamation laws. The fact that they are "celebrities" or "in the public eye" makes it harder to prove but I believe "actual malice" is the standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I never said that they had a solid case or a winnable case. But they have grounds to pursue it if they wish. At least light a little fire. That was my point.

    And satire alone is not a defense if they can prove actual malice. The point that you were mistaken about.

    Malice IS a standard when looking at defamation of a public figure.
    What the hell is that, liar? RIG wasn't mistaken, you were. Why suggest that they pursue it then, if you weren't implying that there's a chance to prove actual malice?

    There clearly isn't. And you should've known that, Mr. Dropout.

    Once again, you're drowning and you're wrong on so many things around here but people don't call you on it because they don't enjoy bickering as much as you do.

    Maybe if you weren't so full of yourself you wouldn't get into so many confrontations ... and LOSE.


    .
    Last edited by jetrider; 09-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.

  13. #133
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Oh, when you chime in on a thread you "own" it from that point on? LOL

    Your first blunder here was to tell RIG to "brush up" on the law when you weren't 100% sure of your own words - meaning you didn't know what the f-ck YOU were talking about.

    And you still don't. Once again, you're a waffling idiot ...





    What the hell is that, liar? RIG wasn't mistaken, you were. Why suggest that they pursue it then, if you weren't implying that there's a chance to prove actual malice?

    There clearly isn't.

    Once again, you're drowning and you're wrong on so many things around here but people don't call you on it because they don't enjoy bickering as much as you do.

    Maybe if you weren't so full of yourself you wouldn't get into so many confrontations ... and LOSE.
    I didn't confronted anyone.

    I was confronted because I suggested that 4 people might consider speaking with an attorney?

    He said malice wasn't a factor. He said it had to be a lie. Well, malice IS a factor and there is such a thing as "per se" defamation. So go get yourself some more legal education off of Google. Go ahead. I'll wait while you look everything up.

    Get a ****ing life you small little man.
    Last edited by Jordy; 09-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.

  14. #134
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I didn't confronted anyone.

    I was confronted because I suggested that 4 people might consider speaking with an attorney?

    He said malice wasn't a factor. He said it had to be a lie. Well, malice IS a factor and there is such a thing as "per se" defamation. So go get yourself some more legal education off of Google. Go ahead. I'll wait while you look everything up.

    Get a ****ing life you small little man.
    Now you're back to saying they might have a case? LOL

    Did you ever enroll or just hang around campus to use the showers?

    You're the one using Google U ... and wiffing.

  15. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I believe there is such a thing as EXTRA motivation.
    Is that the same as "giving 110%"?

  16. #136
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Now you're back to saying they might have a case? LOL

    Did you ever enroll or just hang around campus to use the showers?

    You're the one using Google U ... and wiffing.
    I never said they had a case little man.

    Consulting a lawyer and having a case are two entirely different things.

    I make a comment. I get confronted by someone with an apparent agenda. And then I get confronted by you.

    So, who here did the confronting? Ay?

    I think that sweater you're wearing around your neck is tied too tight there Chip.

  17. #137
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Is that the same as "giving 110%"?
    What are you doing? Channeling Savage?

  18. #138
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    Jordy digging in on this ridiculous tangent is comedy gold.

  19. #139
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Jordy digging in on this ridiculous tangent is comedy gold.
    I'm here for your entertainment.

  20. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I believe there is such a thing as EXTRA motivation.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”


    ― George Carlin

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us