Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109

Thread: Week 1 tailgating menu?

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I smoke the shoulder in the oven at 225 the night before. I only make it a few times a year because I have to wake up and apply sauce to it every hour or so. Usually the first game and a playoff game I'll do it.

    I use guy fieri's reciepe with a few ingredients of my own. It really is a hit with everyone.
    I must have missed this the first time....you have to get up every hour over night to apply sauce? That is some dedication....

  2. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    So what is everyone have in mind to kick off this year right?

    I think im gonna do:

    8am:
    Breakfast Pizza on the pizza stone.

    10am:
    Pulled pork Sliders w/slaw
    Sweet potato Fries

    Veggie tray during game time/ chips and dip

    5pm:
    3 bean/3 meat chilli (slow cooker all day long)

    Drinks: IC Light and Mixed drinks




    J

    as we blame the 'knock off' Jerseys for running small ...

  3. #23
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like
    I no longe have a season ticket, as I live in the god forsaken state of GA, but my cousins keep the faith. I get to a couple of games a year. The have a Green Winnebago and tailgate each game. I believe this year it's steak and lobster on opening day. They are out of control!

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I must have missed this the first time....you have to get up every hour over night to apply sauce? That is some dedication....
    Yes, that why I only do it once or twice a year. Besides, I can't sleep the night before and I'm constantly awake.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    I'll pm you a link to my pulled pork recipe on my site that uses the oven, which is not as great as smoking, but its easier and comes out pretty well.

    I'm gonna start a game day recipe thread later today ! Ou need to add this.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants Menu:Breakfast: croissant with a cappuccino
    Munchies: A wheel of brie with crackers
    Lunch: Quiche Lorraine w/Tofu Burgers available for the vegetatrians in our group.
    Drinks: Wine Coolers.


    Real Menu: If I had time to cook.
    1) Scotch Eggs - Eggs deep fried inside breakfast sausage

    2) Pulled Pork - I make mine the night before on the smoker using a dry rub. Reheat the pork which has already been pulled in its drippings before the game in pan on the grill.
    - Sauce is a simple vinegar based sauce
    - w/cole slaw and pickles for those who like it.
    - Plane white bread b/c buns are for ...

    3) Snacks - Doritos and Ruffles. Ranch Dip

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Giants Menu:Breakfast: croissant with a cappuccino
    Munchies: A wheel of brie with crackers
    Lunch: Quiche Lorraine w/Tofu Burgers available for the vegetatrians in our group.
    Drinks: Wine Coolers.


    Real Menu: If I had time to cook.
    1) Scotch Eggs - Eggs deep fried inside breakfast sausage

    2) Pulled Pork - I make mine the night before on the smoker using a dry rub. Reheat the pork which has already been pulled in its drippings before the game in pan on the grill.
    - Sauce is a simple vinegar based sauce
    - w/cole slaw and pickles for those who like it.
    - Plane white bread b/c buns are for ...

    3) Snacks - Doritos and Ruffles. Ranch Dip
    Eggs inside sausage? Interesting and sounds good. How is this done?

  8. #28
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Eggs inside sausage? Interesting and sounds good. How is this done?
    Not sure what your pregame meal is going to be, but I know what your postgame meal will consist of.

    Crow.

    SAR I

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Eggs inside sausage? Interesting and sounds good. How is this done?
    Basically, you wrap hard boiled eggs in a layer of breakfast sausage forming a big ball of goodness. Then, you fry the entire lot.

    Wrapped in aluminum foil, they will warm up nice on the grill. Essentially, you make breakfast portable.

    I found a similar recipe online, but we don't use the breading.


    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/01/scotch-eggs

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scotch eggs are popular in England ... Absolute awesomeness.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not sure what your pregame meal is going to be, but I know what your postgame meal will consist of.

    Crow.

    SAR I
    I'm gonna eat our starting cornerback for my post game meal? I don't get it.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Basically, you wrap hard boiled eggs in a layer of breakfast sausage forming a big ball of goodness. Then, you fry the entire lot.

    Wrapped in aluminum foil, they will warm up nice on the grill. Essentially, you make breakfast portable.

    I found a similar recipe online, but we don't use the breading.


    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/01/scotch-eggs
    I'm gonna have to try that

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smoked BBQ Ribs, baked beans and bleu and cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not sure what your pregame meal is going to be, but I know what your postgame meal will consist of.

    Crow.

    SAR I
    Took the time to google it SAR. Pretty slick I see. However, no crow for me. I stand strong on my prediction brother.

  15. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC via NJ
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    I was skeptical of the hot and fast style until I spent a weekend at Myron Mixon's in GA this summer. I am now a convert. He did butts at 325.
    Nice TGJoe.. I'm sure that Myron camp was a blast. Learn a lot of good stuff? Saw your page regarding your tailgate, do you also compete? I'm just a backyard guy, but have been doing most of my butts and ribs high heat method of late. I can't imagine pulling off what you do each week for 300+.. unreal. I love cooking for people and the butt/other cooking I'm doing this week is actually for some friend's for Saturday's inevitable slaughter at MetLife, but I'm worried about pulling off the menu for the big group of 10 or so!

  16. #36
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock48nj View Post
    Nice TGJoe.. I'm sure that Myron camp was a blast. Learn a lot of good stuff? Saw your page regarding your tailgate, do you also compete? I'm just a backyard guy, but have been doing most of my butts and ribs high heat method of late. I can't imagine pulling off what you do each week for 300+.. unreal. I love cooking for people and the butt/other cooking I'm doing this week is actually for some friend's for Saturday's inevitable slaughter at MetLife, but I'm worried about pulling off the menu for the big group of 10 or so!
    Thanks for the kind words man! Yeah, Myron's thing was great, definitely expensive but worth every penny. He goes through all the comp entries, whole hog, brisket, chicken, ribs, pork shoulder, showing you how to prep, cook, and build your entry box, along with all the recipes for marinades and sauces. Definitely looking forward to putting some of that knowledge into our food this season.
    As far as competition, I am planning on fielding a TGJ Comp BBQ team this coming spring/summer in '13. We have entered the Great Hot Dog Cookoff the last 3 years, coming in 2nd the first two years then 1st this year with our "Nick Mangold Over The Line Dog."
    It is definitely not easy to host a 300+ person all you can eat thing like we do, takes a lot of work, and the right equipment. Last year we bought a Crown Verity 72inch grill and I have a 48inch one coming in this year to add to my arsenal, which will give me like 17 square feet of cooking surface and 260,000 BTU's of heat.
    Lol, I picked an odd hobby!

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not sure what your pregame meal is going to be, but I know what your postgame meal will consist of.

    Crow.

    SAR I
    Amazing, you even come into a thread that has nothing to do with wins or losses and try to derail it.

    Worst poster on this site by far.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Amazing, you even come into a thread that has nothing to do with wins or losses and try to derail it.

    Worst poster on this site by far.
    He really is a little baby. I'm sure of it that he got his ass kicked numerous times

  19. #39
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    It's a 1:00pm game, so we'll start off with Bacon/Sausage and Eggs with bagels and around 10, 1030 bring out the buffalo wings in honor of the soon to come beatdown of the Jills. After the game just the traditional burgers & dogs. No need to get uber fancy.
    I never was able to get into the "post game" tailgate - it seems like a great thing to do in theory, but I've never had that much time on my hands that I'm able to devote 5 hours pre game, 3.5 hours for the game and then another few AFTER the game to drinking and eating. By the time the game is over, I just want to kick my heels and be teleported home.

    I was at the Giants game last night and as I was leaving (early), I was amazed at how many of the big tailgates with customized vehicles had people hanging out in the parking lot watching the game on their TVs.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I never was able to get into the "post game" tailgate - it seems like a great thing to do in theory, but I've never had that much time on my hands that I'm able to devote 5 hours pre game, 3.5 hours for the game and then another few AFTER the game to drinking and eating. By the time the game is over, I just want to kick my heels and be teleported home.

    I was at the Giants game last night and as I was leaving (early), I was amazed at how many of the big tailgates with customized vehicles had people hanging out in the parking lot watching the game on their TVs.
    These are the same folks who saunter in to their seats 15-20 minutes after the game has started. Stay the f**k home if you're not there to support the team. Give your tickets to a youth charity.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us