Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: Week 1 tailgating menu?

  1. #101
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Crazy Question: is there a Red Lobster near the stadium?

    My buddy and I both grew up in the South without much money. For both of us, Red Lobster was THE fancy dinner out with the family. To us, it was like going to Nobu.

    Neither of our wives "get" why going means so much to us and don't like to go.

    As a lark, it would be fun to go before/after a game.
    This is awesome. I don't know of any, but I laughed out loud reading this. It reminds me of a place I thought was a "nice" steakhouse when I was younger. Hoss's steak house. Boy was I wrong when I moved to the city.

  2. #102
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Crazy Question: is there a Red Lobster near the stadium?

    My buddy and I both grew up in the South without much money. For both of us, Red Lobster was THE fancy dinner out with the family. To us, it was like going to Nobu.

    Neither of our wives "get" why going means so much to us and don't like to go.

    As a lark, it would be fun to go before/after a game.
    Paramus, rt 17 just north of rt 4 on the southbound side. At least there was a hundred years ago when I was dating the first wife and yes, it was THE fancy place to go, at least for what we could afford. Didn't even know it was a chain back then.

  3. #103
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    beer beer any kind of beer Henney beer and more hennessey. It's been a while since saw herb, anybody seen that little ras! rascal.

  4. #104
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the cups we made for opening game...should have over 100 at the Charlotte JETS fan bar in Charlotte.



  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Check out the cups we made for opening game...should have over 100 at the Charlotte JETS fan bar in Charlotte.


    Very nice!

  6. #106
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post

    beer beer any kind of beer Henney beer and more hennessey. It's been a while since saw herb, anybody seen that little ras! rascal.
    Sometimes he can crash the party after youve been drinking, if you havent hung out with him in a while.

    Kick it with Herb before the Hen-Dawg.

  7. #107
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Charcoal is the key, the grill doesn't matter so much. I usually start looking in supermarkets or Home Depot in October, when they are trying to clear shelf space and pick up a couple for 10 bucks each. Then if you don't feel like dealing with it after the game you just leave it and use a spare the next week.

    With charcoal, you have all kinds of wood chip options to add and flavor the food... Jack Daniels packages up it's old wood barrels and used filter charcoal to add for example.

    And get charcoal chiminey for around $10. Eliminates lighter fluid and gets the coals going super fast.
    I agree charcoal definitely adds when BBQ certain meats like ribs, chicken, seafood and to some extent sausage and brats due to it's lower heat/slow cooking but when it comes to steak it's definitely out. I don't go to the stadium at 8:00 anymore so BBQ is out for me so I grill instead as it's much faster.

    At home I rarely BBQ anymore since I smoke everything except steak and have a grill and broiler in my home.

  8. #108
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I agree charcoal definitely adds when BBQ certain meats like ribs, chicken, seafood and to some extent sausage and brats due to it's lower heat/slow cooking but when it comes to steak it's definitely out. I don't go to the stadium at 8:00 anymore so BBQ is out for me so I grill instead as it's much faster.

    At home I rarely BBQ anymore since I smoke everything except steak and have a grill and broiler in my home.
    Agreed, A good steak does not need charcoal. Heck, pretty much every major steakhouse on any list of greatest steakhouses uses infrared heat to quickly sear, and nobody would ever complain that Lugers uses gas to cook their steaks, lol.

    My Crown Verity gets up to 850 degrees in like 8 minutes tops from the second I light it and cooks my steaks perfectly.

  9. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Agreed, A good steak does not need charcoal. Heck, pretty much every major steakhouse on any list of greatest steakhouses uses infrared heat to quickly sear, and nobody would ever complain that Lugers uses gas to cook their steaks, lol.

    My Crown Verity gets up to 850 degrees in like 8 minutes tops from the second I light it and cooks my steaks perfectly.
    Definitely, everyone has there tastes but I either eat my steak rare or black and blue. You can tell a steak house has a good broiler if they can correclty pull off black and blue. Obviously it all starts with prime meat and aging accentuates the flavor.

    BTW your tailgates are very good..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us