Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 139

Thread: Jets Cut TJ Conley?

  1. #1

    Jets Cut TJ Conley?

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets cut punter T.J. Conley, according to a source.



    I don't see anyone else reporting it yet.
    Last edited by JB1089; 09-04-2012 at 03:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Yeah it just broke on twitter. We have no punter. We are doomed.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Yeah it just broke on twitter. We have no punter. We are doomed.
    tebow can punt and protect himself too.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tebow can punt and protect himself too.
    Buckets of LMAO

  5. #5
    This guy is available


  6. #6
    Who is available? All I can think of is Mat McBriar

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,101
    I really hope this doesn't screw up Folk.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,593
    Maybe we don't plan on punting. 4th and 7? Go for it!

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,992
    Twitter speculation that we're signing McBriar.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Twitter speculation that we're signing McBriar.
    is he any good? where did he punt last season?

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,726
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I hear Jets could sign Mat McBriar as new punter but have not been able to pin down that they've actually signed him. #nyj

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,584
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I hear Jets could sign Mat McBriar as new punter but have not been able to pin down that they've actually signed him. #nyj
    lolz

    They can't even pin down the punter inside the 20!

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,584
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I hear Jets could employ Tebow in "Wildcat punt formation" this year. No kicking. #nyj #innovation #bestcreationsincewestcoastoffense
    Interesting.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    is he any good? where did he punt last season?
    He's been with Dallas. Was 2x All-Pro as recently as 2010 but had some funky nerve issue last year.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I hear Jets could sign Mat McBriar as new punter but have not been able to pin down that they've actually signed him. #nyj
    This is so weird just a few days before the season.

    I'm no Conley fan either, but it just seems strange.

    I guess it's one of the most independant positions on the field--plug and play as it were.

    _

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,146
    McBriar is a good punter, not a very good holder though...it led to his cut from the Iggles by some reports.

    Then again, I never understood why the Jets wouldn't have had Tebow do the holding...he'd then be a threat for a fake unlike Conley.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    McBriar is a good punter, not a very good holder though...it led to his cut from the Iggles by some reports.

    Then again, I never understood why the Jets wouldn't have had Tebow do the holding...he'd then be a threat for a fake unlike Conley.
    good point and i wouldn't be at all surprised if they've been working on that.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,726
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    This is so weird just a few days before the season.

    I'm no Conley fan either, but it just seems strange.

    I guess it's one of the most independant positions on the field--plug and play as it were.

    _
    Pretty much, they either tell him to kick it straight, right or left.

  19. #19
    The offense we've been hiding all camp will be so good that we won't have to punt. Seriously, you knew this was coming.....Conley was not good.

  20. #20
    This would be a tremendous upgrade if we landed him. He is a legitimately solid punter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us