Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Cut TJ Conley?

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Source said the Jets have NOT signed McBriar. So still digging on who new punter is. #nyj

Great article on his injury here... http://articles.philly.com/2012-08-2...has-henry-cyst

I just hope his leg is back now.

Now we know why they were almost 5 million under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Now we know why they were almost 5 million under the cap.
    so they can sign the bionic man to punt?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Salz View Post
    Great article on his injury here... http://articles.philly.com/2012-08-2...has-henry-cyst

I just hope his leg is back now.
    He averaged 45 per this pre-season...that's better than Conley with good legs.

Never liked him....really good move...also shows that Jets say one thing and do another...in this case getting rid of an unreliable punter.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    so they can sign the bionic man to punt?
    DAAANAAANNAAANIIANN DANNANANI

DA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

All League
    Maybe we traded for Marquette king just to piss 90210 off

Jets Insider VIP

McBriar is healthy again

Paul Domowitch: Healthy McBriar vies for Eagles' punting job
    August 29, 2012

THE ONLY thing worse than having a career-threatening injury is having a career-threatening injury and not knowing what it is or how to fix it.

That was the scary situation Eagles punter Mat McBriar found himself in last October. Through the first six games of the 2011 season, McBriar, a two-time Pro Bowler who was in his eighth year with the Cowboys, was one of the league's leading punters, averaging 49.8 yards per attempt. Then, as he prepared for a Week 8 game against the Eagles, he began experiencing intense pain in his left, non-kicking, leg.

He punted three times in the first half against the Eagles, and each time he planted his left foot for the kick, he felt a shooting pain.

He sat out the second half of that game, and sat out the next game as well when the leg didn't get any better. The Cowboys' medical staff ran a battery of tests on the leg, including X-rays and an MRI, but couldn't find anything.

"Last year was tough," said the 33-year-old Australian. "We didn't know what it was. They sort of missed it on the first diagnosis. They were scratching their heads. They'd say, 'Well, let's see if it improves by itself.' But it didn't. Actually, it got worse."

McBriar developed a condition known as drop foot, which prevented him from lifting his foot. But the doctors had no idea what was causing it.

Even though he had trouble just walking, he continued to play, punting in eight more games before the team finally put him on injured reserve in late December.

Right after the season ended, McBriar decided to seek another opinion.

He and his wife Erin went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

"We went to Mayo just looking for a different treatment or treatments," said McBriar, who was released by the Cowboys in March and is competing against Chas Henry for the Eagles' punting job. "We were hoping maybe somebody up there would have something that could help. That's sort of what we were hoping for when we went up there."

Their trip went far better than they ever could have hoped. The doctor he saw at the Mayo Clinic, Robert Spinner, didn't offer him a treatment option. He gave him a diagnosis. And a way to fix it.

Turns out McBriar had an intraneural ganglion cyst inside the nerve behind his left knee.

"Dr. Spinner saw it on the [CT] scan," McBriar said. "He said, 'Oh, that's my specialty. I know exactly what to do.'

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Source said the Jets have NOT signed McBriar. So still digging on who new punter is. #nyj
    Maybe this kid:

He was in the Pop Warner Super Bowl so he has to be good.

Jets Insider VIP
    So we cut our punter 4 days before the start of the season but may not have his replacement?

Maybe this is good news. Could it be that we plan to score on every drive?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So we cut our punter 4 days before the start of the season but may not have his replacement?
    he's already on the roster - they just don't know who. it's a lottery?

I would love if this was McBriar or Marquette King.

Antonio Cromartie: Cornerback, Wide Receiver...................Punter?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Antonio Cromartie: Cornerback, Wide Receiver...................Punter?
    funny,

Undrafted Free Agent
    I will always maintain that our team needs a “football man” somewhere in the FO. Is it above the GM’s head or is it in between the GM and Rex? We shall see.

However, Tanny is still a very sharp player, there is no way in hell that he releases the punter 5 days before the start of the season without already having his replacement under wraps.

I await eagerly to hear the name of our new punter…………………………………. no way in hell I tell you

everyone relax

learn from our most recent trade for Jason Smith

"FIRE Tanny, what kind of deal is this? how can we justify eating the cost of Jason smith etc..."

just to find out Tanny had that ironed out already

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Punting possibilities for #Jets: Nick Harris, Jason Baker.

All League
    Ex San Diego punter Robert Malone according to Kim
    https://twitter.com/KMart_LI/status/243087153234575361
    Last edited by JetStream; 09-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I would love if this was McBriar or Marquette King.
    I think King was put on IR.