Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Francesa - Jets Worse Than The Team Ryan Inherited

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Mike focuses on his life, family and business. But allows Ray Catena to concentrate on the type of automobiles he drives and the leasing arrangements.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Regarding Ingram, Ryan pissed off the entire Jets scouting staff by telling Coples he was going to draft him and they were furious, went nuts in the room by Rex's interference with the first round pick."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I
    This makes Rex looks smarter not dumber. Coples was absolutely the right pick. I have never gone into a season feeling this good about our D.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"Tebow? Yeah, the entire NFL is scared out of their wits about this secret offense that the Jets aren't showing yet. This offense shrouded in NASA secrecy, the FBI, the CIA, no one has seen anything like it, it's going to revolutionize football. Tebow is going to line up, start to run, and he's going to throw it. Never seen that before. Scary. And what's worse is that teams want him to throw the ball, he doesn't scare them when he throws the ball, he only scares them when he runs and Mark Sanchez is the quarterback and Tebow isn't going to line up as a running back so he's going to catch a ball in the backfield and throw it? Can't wait to see this secret offense."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Some media twit making outlandish statements to get hits? Color me shocked.
    SAR is not in the media.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Better FB, OL, RB's...and yeah... That's about it.
    TEs were better as well.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"The Jets have a good defense, not a great defense, but a very good defense. Their special teams are good because Westhoff is still on the sidelines. But their offense is awful, some of the worst set of skill players in the league. The Jets can win 7 to 9 games based on this personnel, I can't see them winning 10 at all, at their best maybe 9 most likely not."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I

When the Pats act secretive about injuries etc its smart football. When the jets purposefully choose not to run a set of plays we are "acting like NASA"

Fatcessa to SAR - One Blowhard A$$hole to another

Hall Of Fame
    "The Jets have a good defense, not a great defense, but a very good defense. Their special teams are good because Westhoff is still on the sidelines.

--Mike Francesa

SAR I
    I don't disagree with that.

_

Veteran
    Yeah - the 2009 Jets scared so many people and were so good they needed to win against a resting Colts and Bengals team just to get to 9-7.

Francessa is Giants fanboy and that's really all one needs to know.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    This is very true, but the one caveat is that it's largely Tanny's doing.
    The 2008 & 2009s teams were stacked for a SB run. Recall Tanny blew his wad on big FA signings in Favre, Faneca, Woody, Jones, T Rich, Edwards, Holmes, Jenkins, and Cro. Since then, Rex's teams have been hamstrung by bloated FA salaries and Revis's contract -- not to mention Sanchez's huge guaranteed rookie contract. We did little in the way of FA this offseason. Next season we have a lot of FAs and may have to deal with a Revis holdout, with little cap space.
    Last edited by suprjet; 09-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    When the Pats act secretive about injuries etc its smart football. When the jets purposefully choose not to run a set of plays we are "acting like NASA"

Fatcessa to SAR - One Blowhard A$$hole to another
    Well, that was uncalled for. Agree with SAR or not, he's just quoting Francesser.

_

Defense = better
    Offense could very well be worse indeed. Potentially much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    The 2008 & 2009s teams were stacked for a SB run. Recall Tanny blew his wad on big FA signings in Favre, Faneca, Woody, Jones, T Rich, Edwards, Holmes, Jenkins, and Cro. Rex's teams have been hamstrung by bloated FA salaries and Revis's contract -- not to mention Sanchez's huge guaranteed rookie contract. We did little in the way of FA this season. Next season we have a lot of FAs and may have to deal with a Revis holdout.

The 2010 team was the most ready for a SB and got damn close.

Rex likes to talk and it's time to prove it. I hope he gets us to the Super Bowl, but it's all on him an Tampon if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this Francesa fellow isn't the biggest Jet fan.
    Oh my god that photo Chazman.....it is as yummy as it gets.

"The Jets have a good defense, not a great defense, but a very good defense. Their special teams are good because Westhoff is still on the sidelines. But their offense is awful, some of the worst set of skill players in the league. The Jets can win 7 to 9 games based on this personnel, I can't see them winning 10 at all, at their best maybe 9 most likely not."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I
    Defense could be in the great category if the offense somehow manages to be what they want to be. I agree with him about the offense but the jets can win 10 or more. They don't have a killer sched and if they can be very plus in the turnover ratio they can do it.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"And what team goes into a season saying they're going to run a two-quarterback offense? It doesn't work. College, doesn't work. Pros, doesn't work. Tom Landry couldn't make it work with Staubach in Dallas. Others tried and failed. And if you're Mark Sanchez and you read in the papers that your head coach is going to give 20 snaps a game to your backup? You go ballistic. Oh, and the Tebow offense is shrouded in secrecy, can't show that. But the Sanchez offense? Here, here you go, you can see what it's all about all preseason. Sanchez has to be beside himself, not a good situation at all for a competitive athlete. And Woody Johnson, saying how 'you can't have enough Tebow' how does that make Sanchez feel? The upside of Tebow winning a game or two isn't enough to cover for the damage this does to Sanchez the rest of the time."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Well, that was uncalled for. Agree with SAR or not, he's just quoting Francesser.

_
    Stokes, thats the problem. He hates rex so rather then add anything remotely intelligent, he instead cuts and pastes things from a known Jet hater.

How does that add to the board? How does that make this site better for people that actually come here to talk about the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP

--Mike Francesa

SAR I
    Actually, I largely agree with the above statement. But the Jets could have a great defense if they just have an average offense. This could be an exceptional D, possibly the best the Jets have had in decades, but it won't be clear if the offense is constantly going 3 and out or turning the ball over.

I'm thinking we look very much like an 8-8 team right now, and it's mostly because there are at least 15 to 20 teams, possibly more, in the NFL where our #1 RB (Greene), #1 TE (Keller) and our #2 WR (Hill/Schilens/Kerley) would not be starters.

Rookie
    Will see on Sunday what the Jets are made of. They are clearly the most scrutinized team in the league. They can shut all the Jet haters (Francesa, Steven A. Smith) up with a convincing WIN.