Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Just drafted this weekend, pick 10 in a 10 team league

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Just drafted this weekend, pick 10 in a 10 team league

We've got a .5 ppr league with 6 pt per passing touchdowns and small bench (only five players). I had picks 10,11 in a standard snake draft

QB: Ryan
    RB: Forte
    RB: Chris Johnson
    Flex: Ryan Matthews (got him at pick 50!)
    WR: Julio Jones
    WR: Brandon Marshall
    TE: Jacob Tamme
    D: Lions
    K: Mason Crosby - GB

Bench:

Cedric Benson
    Miles Austin
    Reggie Wayne
    David Wilson RB Giants
    .Santonio Holmes

Was thinking about dropping Holmes for Gresham, Martellus Bennet, Dustin Keller or Brandon Lafell. What do you think?

And yes, I'm high on the Ryan/Julio connection this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    We've got a .5 ppr league with 6 pt per passing touchdowns and small bench (only five players). I had picks 10,11 in a standard snake draft

Bench:

Cedric Benson
    Miles Austin
    Reggie Wayne
    David Wilson RB Giants
    .Santonio Holmes

Was thinking about dropping Holmes for Gresham, Martellus Bennet, Dustin Keller or Brandon Lafell. What do you think?

good team, i dont know how i feel about Ryan as the number 1 QB, Mathews given his injury history, and Tamme as a primary TE....but i def know people that have been picking Mathews as early as round 1...so what do i know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    good team, i dont know how i feel about Ryan as the number 1 QB, Mathews given his injury history, and Tamme as a primary TE....but i def know people that have been picking Mathews as early as round 1...so what do i know.
    Matthews is already hurt and in my opinion isn't a 1st round RB to begin with even when healthy. Ronnie Brown might be starting week 1 and if the Chargers are successful with him as the primary back Matthews could end up being a split situation in a passing offense.

Wayne, Benson and Austin all could start over Matthews week 1.

Not a fan of Matt Ryan in fantasy. Too inconsistent and never had that one huge year. He's a good Qb2 if you're in a 2 QB league but as the primary QB I'd want better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bench:

Cedric Benson
    Miles Austin
    Reggie Wayne
    David Wilson RB Giants
    .Santonio Holmes

I like this draft alot. Austin and Wayne on the bench are great options to start at the flex spot. Matthews is as well. I am high on Matt Ryan this season. That said in a 6 point per TD league I personally might have grabbed one of the elite 5 qb's. If I'm in your situation I'm looking to upgrade at TE by using Austin or Wayne as trade bait. Wait until one of them has a monster week and/or another team in your league gets desperate due to injury. Only Gronk/Graham/Gates/Hernandez or Davis are worth trading for.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I like this draft alot. Austin and Wayne on the bench are great options to start at the flex spot. Matthews is as well. I am high on Matt Ryan this season. That said in a 6 point per TD league I personally might have grabbed one of the elite 5 qb's. If I'm in your situation I'm looking to upgrade at TE by using Austin or Wayne as trade bait. Wait until one of them has a monster week and/or another team in your league gets desperate due to injury. Only Gronk/Graham/Gates/Hernandez or Davis are worth trading for.
    Miles did well for me in the flex yesterday, 15.3 pts. I agree with you my first order of business should be upgrading at TE. Like you said though, wait till I have leverage and somebody on another team loses a WR.

When Matthews comes back, he'll be the flex. Matt Ryan gonna throw for 35 TD's and 4800 yards (put-it-on-the-board), and I got him at pick 51... picked up Eli last year in the 9th round. I'm usually not the guy with the best QB, haven't had a top 5 pick in a while. Coulda had stafford at 10/11 but its like clockwork in our league, 4 QBs went in the first round, Calvin, Dmac and the big 3 at RB. I wouldn't have picked again till pick 30 and I wanted to ensure myself depth at RB, hence CJ and Forte (.5 ppr, had Forte last year, he's ill in our league).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miles did well for me in the flex yesterday, 15.3 pts. I agree with you my first order of business should be upgrading at TE. Like you said though, wait till I have leverage and somebody on another team loses a WR.

When Matthews comes back, he'll be the flex. Matt Ryan gonna throw for 35 TD's and 4800 yards (put-it-on-the-board), and I got him at pick 51... picked up Eli last year in the 9th round. I'm usually not the guy with the best QB, haven't had a top 5 pick in a while. Coulda had stafford at 10/11 but its like clockwork in our league, 4 QBs went in the first round, Calvin, Dmac and the big 3 at RB. I wouldn't have picked again till pick 30 and I wanted to ensure myself depth at RB, hence CJ and Forte (.5 ppr, had Forte last year, he's ill in our league).
    The league I had that started with the 10th pick I ended up with Newton and Graham. Greg Olson is a breakout candidate at TE this season. He is available in alot of leagues still. I would start him over Tamme this week if you can grab him. Your team is solid though regardless and I rarely say that.