Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the Jets go 19-0 this year and win the Super Bowl

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    A year ago we were all in happy-land coming off of deep playoff runs and a restocking of talent.

Today we are miserable because the team had a brutal '11 and looks worse in key spots in '12.

It's the same group of people, same posters, just a different outlook. There are internet Jets fanclubs out there. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, seek them out. This is a discussion forum. The object being....wait for it....two-way discussion.

SAR I
    Sar...... I agree with you that the object SHOULD BE two way discussion, but this site has unfortunately turned into an agenda driven snakepit of people who will never listen to someone else's point of view. You should feel this more than most the way you are crucified here on a daily basis when you say anything. Maybe we all take this site, and ourselves, way too seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Someone would complain about the parade not being on Long Island.
    wtf - it won't be on LI?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    this site has unfortunately turned into an agenda driven snakepit of people who will never listen to someone else's point of view. Maybe we all take this site, and ourselves, way too seriously.
    +1

I've found the site very difficult to want to come to recently. I only hope that when football starts, the boredom of off-season disappears and people start debating topics again, rather than attacking each other all the time and petty name-calling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    +1

I've found the site very difficult to want to come to recently. I only hope that when football starts, the boredom of off-season disappears and people start debating topics again, rather than attacking each other all the time and petty name-calling.
    +2 ... I can't help but surmise that the name calling is being perpetrated, mostly, by teenagers that are intellectually challenged, and that once school starts up again, it cannot help but decrease in intensity, and/or density.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the possibility exists on December 21st, the world is just going to just end because the universe is a dick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass me whatever you're drinking, 314.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    SAR would become a Patriots fan because Rex would be guaranteed a decade.
    Wait, I thought we was one disguised as a jets fan?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The next day someone would start posting that the winning margin would have bigger if Tebow was starting, Revis island should be designated an historic landmark, we would never win again if Rex was resigned to a new contract. Someone, somehow, would find something to complain about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just the Jets luck that if the Jets were undefeated the Mayan prophecy would come true and **** up that for you before the season was completed. "I tell ya, youseguys don't get no respect!"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    +2 ... I can't help but surmise that the name calling is being perpetrated, mostly, by teenagers that are intellectually challenged, and that once school starts up again, it cannot help but decrease in intensity, and/or density.
    +3

The name calling gets out of hand. If you don't like someone else's opinion, calling him a moron won't change his mind.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    One can hope. Except the biggest offenders seem to be perpetually angry guys in their 40s.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    +3

The name calling gets out of hand. If you don't like someone else's opinion, calling him a moron won't change his mind.
    Quite the opposite - it just tends to further polarise opinions and create bigger divides.

Can't we all just get along?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I would get a Jets tattoo if that happened.
    If we go 19-0 this year, I will get a tattoo of John_0515 getting a Jets tattoo.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Would this site cease to exist because there would be nothing left to complain about? Just wondering.....
    It will only take a 10-6 wildcard birth and a magical, lucky run to a SB victory for me never to complain about the Jets ever again.

Tell me where I can sign up for that.