Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/4

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Tweets & Info 9/4

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets worked out several players: LB D.J. Bryant, WR Derek Hagan, LS Charley Hughlett, P Robert Malone (signed), P Shawn Powell: source

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    RT @RichCimini #Jets also cut DT Aaitui, whom they just claimed on waivers from Miami: source.

HUH???
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    RT @RichCimini #Jets also cut DT Aaitui, whom they just claimed on waivers from Miami: source

Maybe this is a good sign for Pouha for Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post

Maybe this is a godd sign for Pouha for Sunday.
    That's what I was thinking....Maybe they resign Dixon..Interesting considering how Rex talked up Aaitui yesterday

On if Po‘uha will be limited to a certain number of plays when he returns and if his injury played a role in the team claiming Isaako Aaitui off waivers from Miami…
    Yeah, that could be. You hit it great with that nose tackle guy. Because Tui — I think we’ll call him that, because you’re right, I’ve got no chance. [Mike] Tannenbaum claimed he signed him because he wants me to pronounce his name. You’re right. He’s a good football player. But he’s a young guy that we’re going to work at both spots, really more at tackle, focus him more at tackle than nose tackle because I feel good about where we’re at nose tackle wise with obviously, Sione, Kenrick and Big Snacks [Damon Harrison] over there. So we’ll see how it goes.

On the release of Marcus Dixon…
    I think Marcus, he clearly can play. There is no question about that. I’ve mentioned it before, I knew we were going to end up cutting some good football players. There’s no question about it. And when you try to put your team together, and what your team needs to be successful and things like that, there might’ve been some other options, but clearly Marcus Dixon’s a good football player. And we’ll see what the future holds. Maybe he'll be back.

On if Dixon was outplayed by Harrison…
    It was a little different. I think they play different positions. I think Harrison’s more of the true nose tackle type, where Marcus is more of the tackle/end type. But I thought Harrison played well, I thought Marcus played well. Sometimes the younger guy gets the benefit of the doubt.

On if cutting Dixon was a football decision…
    Well, I think when you look at it, [it’s not just] performance but also position. When you’re looking at it, we do feel fortunate. We do have Sione [who] hasn’t practiced, but I think you feel great about where Kenrick is and Harrison, and when Sione gets back, that would be obviously an area of strength for us.

On if cutting Dixon was a cost-cutting measure…
    I don’t know about the cost-cutting measure. I think you’ll probably have to ask Mike about that or Ari [Nissim]. But [Aaitui]'s more of a big-body type, I think he’s 320-some pounds, where Marcus is like 280, 285. So maybe body-type wise. This is a good football player, you guys will see. I’m sure when you talk to the people down at Miami they can tell you the same thing. We’ll see what he does. And I think sometimes there’s decisions based on things. I think, in this league you always look to try to go younger and sometimes that plays against veteran players. But with us, we had a chance we thought, to add a really good football player and that’s what we did.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...d-e2f87b4c5c8c
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-04-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    RT @RichCimini #Jets also cut DT Aaitui, whom they just claimed on waivers from Miami: source.

HUH???

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone tell me what the attraction is to Dennis Landolt? Especially since he can't even play.

Why is he on the 53?

He wasn't even that good at PSU IMO and I watched every game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet Aaiuti gets snuck onto the practice squad and someone like Dixon or Richardson gets brought back after week 1.

Seems like they have 2 more roster spots after Landolt is IR'd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Can someone tell me what the attraction is to Dennis Landolt? Especially since he can't even play.

Why is he on the 53?

He wasn't even that good at PSU IMO and I watched every game.
    He's the 2012 Logan Payne

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please bring back Dixon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I give up trying to figure this **** out anymore.

Cut Dixon. Sign Aaitui. Talk up Aaitui. Cut Aaitui. Sign Dixon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK.

CMart please spin this for me in a way that makes it look like the FO knows what they are doing.

Now that Dixon is back, did we save any money on him b.c we cut him? Since he is back before Week 1 I assume his salary is guaranteed if they do no cut him again before Sunday? Is that correct of no. Looks to me like we let Dixon dangle on the waiver wire while the Jets got a closer look at someone that Miami cut. Not trying to be sarcastic. Is there something I am missing?
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Petition to re-name this thread, "The Jets Week 1 Speed Dating Thread"

Wham Bam Thank you Aaiuti!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be as simple that Aitolli was injured at practice?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I give up trying to figure this **** out anymore.

Cut Dixon. Sign Aaitui. Talk up Aaitui. Cut Aaitui. Sign Dixon.
    I need someone to explain it to me. I do not see the sense in it. Maybe there is something we are not seeing.

As far as I am concerned we got lucky with Allen and Dixon. Maybe I am overrating them. Maybe not.

Maybe Tanny reads JI.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Might be as simple that Aitolli was injured at practice?
    Maybe he did not want to be in NY. It could be as simple as that!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    OK.

CMart please spin this for me in a way that makes it look like the FO knows what they are doing.

Now that Dixon is back, did we save any money on him b.c we cut him? Since he is back before Week 1 I assume his salary is guaranteed if they do no cut him again before Sunday? Is that correct of no. Looks to me like we let Dixon dangle on the waiver wire while the Jets got a closer look at someone that Miami cut.
    No freakin idea what this was all about EXCEPT maybe the Jets were concerned about Pouha and/or DeVito being available for this weeks game.

And since (as of reported last night after practice) both seemed OK at practice and probably seemed OK today they are both ready to go Sunday...

Aaitui would have been able to fill both Pouha and/or DeVito's role since he is 320 lbs...As opposed to Dixon who is more of a DE/DT at 285 lbs...JMO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets did this last year too. Bring in someone to get a quick look, then decide wether to keep him or not. Maybe he lands on PS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I bet Aaiuti gets snuck onto the practice squad and someone like Dixon or Richardson gets brought back after week 1.

Seems like they have 2 more roster spots after Landolt is IR'd.
    I do not think we have any room on the PS unless we cut someone from it. We are allowed 8 spots and have 8 guys on the PS. Maybe they will do the Logan Payne merry-g-round with him and someone else on the PS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we get an exemption for Hayden Smith. This would leave a spot open on the PS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I need someone to explain it to me. I do not see the sense in it. Maybe there is something we are not seeing.

As far as I am concerned we got lucky with Allen and Dixon. Maybe I am overrating them. Maybe not.

Maybe Tanny reads JI.

It's basically juggling the bottom spot or 2 on the roster.

We had a guy, we thought another guy might be better, we claimed him, tried him out, he wasn't as good as our guy, we cut him and signed our guy back.

It's really not that complicated.

Certainly not nefarious.

_