Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another website has it in for the Jets

Another website has it in for the Jets

This is why I hope the Jets go 16-0 so website like this can stuff it

We've chronicled the New York Jets' mess quite a bit lately.
    And we're at it again thanks to this cringe-worthy quote from head coach Rex Ryan.

Here's what he said on Michael Kay's radio show in New York recently (via USA Today, emphasis ours):

"I know I'm a great coach. What makes me a great coach is the guys that coach with me and the players that play for me, and everything else this organization has for me. It's hard for me to look at myself not being successful. I don't even see (getting fired) as a possibility."

A couple things are at play here: 1) Ryan is once again showing off his extreme confidence, and 2) Regardless of how bad things may look the head coach has to be the one to rally the troops together amid heavy skepticism from outsiders.

Unfortunately, this is more likely to come back to slap Ryan in the face just like his consecutive Super Bowl predictions did a few years ago.
    Why? The Jets are switching to an outdated offensive system and hope a lifelong quarterback can contribute while playing a bunch of different positions.

So even if there's nothing to talk of Tim Tebow inevitably replacing Mark Sanchez the chances this team does much of anything in 2012 are slim to none.

And thanks to ridiculous internal expectations you better believe the Jets' front office, like all others in the NFL, will blame their "great coach" when things start falling apart.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rex-r...#ixzz25XX8sLa8

After awhile, all the anti-Jets talk just gets kinda lost in the background (for me). I mean, you realize that we could go 11-5 and have the #1 ranked D and everyone would just say that we overachieved or that the season was a fluke.

There's always gonna be anti-Jets talk, so you just gotta let it go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post

And we're at it again thanks to this cringe-worthy quote from head coach Rex Ryan.

Here's what he said on Michael Kay's radio show in New York recently (via USA Today, emphasis ours):

"I know I'm a great coach. What makes me a great coach is the guys that coach with me and the players that play for me, and everything else this organization has for me. It's hard for me to look at myself not being successful. I don't even see (getting fired) as a possibility."

A couple things are at play here: 1) Ryan is once again showing off his extreme confidence, and 2) Regardless of how bad things may look the head coach has to be the one to rally the troops together amid heavy skepticism from outsiders.

Unfortunately, this is more likely to come back to slap Ryan in the face just like his consecutive Super Bowl predictions did a few years ago.
    Why? The Jets are switching to an outdated offensive system and hope a lifelong quarterback can contribute while playing a bunch of different positions.

So even if there's nothing to talk of Tim Tebow inevitably replacing Mark Sanchez the chances this team does much of anything in 2012 are slim to none.

And thanks to ridiculous internal expectations you better believe the Jets' front office, like all others in the NFL, will blame their "great coach" when things start falling apart.

Heck we have alleged Jet fans on this board that say the same crap! A few have picked us to win all of 3 games but won't put up any money where their mouths are!

All League
    Its all just "white noise" now. Who cares, if the team does well no one will
    own up to their predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Heck we have alleged Jet fans on this board that say the same crap! A few have picked us to win all of 3 games but won't put up any money where their mouths are!
    But but but locker room troubles doe! But but but we did nothing in da offseason doe! But but but media circus doe!

Honestly, it's just funny how everyone just ignores what we've done right. We fixed (seemingly) our RT issue, drafted Coples who is going to be a sack machine, Sanchez has improved and actually looks like he's in control of the Offense, we haven't even seen Tebow in the wildcat package, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post

I realize you're a Pats troll and you're just trying to stir up **** and all, but Business Insider?

And this is not the first Business Insider dot com article you've posted either.

Veteran
    The more they hate, the more I love the Jets.

All League
    I'm just waiting for Pres. Obama to trash us in his speech at the convention
    this week

I really cant wait for the Jets to win a bunch of games I am just so sick of a lot of these people who never played the game throwing garbage at the Jets. I mean the Dolphins are a friggin mess, the Patsies and Bradboy had a horrible preseason and Brady even had to cover for his lousy OL playing.

However with all this crap I believe it will only take a couple of consecutive losses for everyone to start screaming for Tebow.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    The more they hate, the more I love the Jets.
    IT'S A CONSPIRACY! A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!

No way the entire news, print, and digital media has it right.

No way the entire fanbases of 31 other NFL teams have it right.

No way ex-pro football players have it right.

No way diehard Jets fans on call-in shows have it right.

No way 82,500 season ticket holders have it right.

Nope. They're all wrong. But you've got it right. It's a conspiracy! The media is out to get us! Let me know when you've found our 12th win. Hope you're out there looking hard for it.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Nope. They're all wrong. But you've got it right. It's a conspiracy! The media is out to get us! Let me know when you've found our 12th win. Hope you're out there looking hard for it.

SAR I
    do you have it right when you say the Jets will win only 3 games this season? I say you are wrong! I am willing to back up my opinion with cash! PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I'm just waiting for Pres. Obama to trash us in his speech at the convention
    this week
    "Rex Ryan, that Defense of yours? You didn't build that!"

Rex: I BUILT IT! I BUILT IT! I BUILT IT!

Veteran
    The only conspiracy is made up in your mind.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    do you have it right when you say the Jets will win only 3 games this season? I say you are wrong! I am willing to back up my opinion with cash! PM me.
    1. My number is 5.

2. Unless you have a net worth exceeding $3M your 'cash' means nothing to me.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    The only conspiracy is made up in your mind.

1. My number is 5.

2. Unless you have a net worth exceeding $3M your 'cash' means nothing to me.

SAR I
    All I see is you wussing out of his bet. You seem very confident that it's only 5 wins and if it is chump change after all, you should be even more confident.

All League

SAR I
    there's a good chance they all have it right. probably better than 50-50 odds are that the Jets stink, or at least are sub 500. But, a smart, rich guy like you, Sar, should know something about investing, and the dangers of herd mentality. I posted something on this a week or so ago. I think the Jets are way oversold right now, and for all the wrong reasons. To me, it's time to buy. Yes, there's a good chance they'll still flop -- but with their stock at virtually an all time low, I really don't think their chances are as bad as the consensus would seem to indicate. Everyone is betting against the Jets -- time to go to Vegas and take the over on wins.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    All I see is you wussing out of his bet. You seem very confident that it's only 5 wins and if it is chump change after all, you should be even more confident.
    +1

I'd be willing to bet this dude is no millionaire either... *leasing* his beige bemmers....

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Why would anyone make an under 5 bet with some anonymous person on the internet when they could get an under 8.5 bet with any sports book in Vegas?

Unless the person taking the over 5 wins side of the bet is willing to give some significant odds, it makes no sense.