Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another website has it in for the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    there's a good chance they all have it right. probably better than 50-50 odds are that the Jets stink, or at least are sub 500. But, a smart, rich guy like you, Sar, should know something about investing, and the dangers of herd mentality. I posted something on this a week or so ago. I think the Jets are way oversold right now, and for all the wrong reasons. To me, it's time to buy. Yes, there's a good chance they'll still flop -- but with their stock at virtually an all time low, I really don't think their chances are as bad as the consensus would seem to indicate. Everyone is betting against the Jets -- time to go to Vegas and take the over on wins.
    The over is 8.5. And it hasn't moved in months. The gambling world expects the Jets to win 8 or 9 games. I'd hardly call that "oversold" or "virtually an all-time low".

Are you really that confident that the Jets are going to win 9 games or more this year?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    The over is 8.5. And it hasn't moved in months. The gambling world expects the Jets to win 8 or 9 games. I'd hardly call that "oversold" or "virtually an all-time low".

Are you really that confident that the Jets are going to win 9 games or more this year?
    its the line really 8.5? I actually hadn't looked, and was basing my post on the world of sports talk chatter, where the Jets are vogue pick to flop. I was listening to NFL radio the other day, and every single analyst AND caller over the course of about 3 hours had the Jets OUT of the playoffs.

I'm surprised the line hasn't moved in Vegas...although I guess I probably shouldn't be surprised the people with actual money on the line are not as stupid.

I take back what I said -- I agree the Jets are not oversold at 8.5 wins. I still would be inclined to take the over, but the number sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    its the line really 8.5? I actually hadn't looked, and was basing my post on the world of sports talk chatter, where the Jets are vogue pick to flop. I was listening to NFL radio the other day, and every single analyst AND caller over the course of about 3 hours had the Jets OUT of the playoffs.

I'm surprised the line hasn't moved in Vegas...although I guess I probably shouldn't be surprised the people with actual money on the line are not as stupid.

I take back what I said -- I agree the Jets are not oversold at 8.5 wins. I still would be inclined to take the over, but the number sounds about right.
    Yeah, from the way people talk, you'd think the number was around 5. But it's still 8.5. However, you get better odds if you bet the over, so I guess some money has come in on the under recently.

I don't feel confident enough one way or the other to touch it. I can see one scenario this season where we win 4 games and another where we win 10. Gun to my head, I'd probably have to go under 8.5.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. My number is 5.

2. Unless you have a net worth exceeding $3M your 'cash' means nothing to me.

SAR I

Rex has to improve from last season. His predictions went horribly wrong and the team went down the tubes. I'm not going to say whoever this is is correct in his predictions about Rex Ryan. But I'm sure if Rex does not improve the team and give Woody some reason for confidence and hope going into the 2013 season, he'll be given an ultimatum. Achieve some level of success or lose your job.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    All I see is you wussing out of his bet. You seem very confident that it's only 5 wins and if it is chump change after all, you should be even more confident.
    I'm not wussing out of anything. I simply don't need the money.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Yeah, from the way people talk, you'd think the number was around 5. But it's still 8.5. However, you get better odds if you bet the over, so I guess some money has come in on the under recently.

I don't feel confident enough one way or the other to touch it. I can see one scenario this season where we win 4 games and another where we win 10. Gun to my head, I'd probably have to go under 8.5.
    i'm a bit more optimistic...as I said earlier, when everyone is going one way, I tend to go the other, and this is one of those times for me. But with the O/U on wins at 8.5 I'm not exactly going to rush to the bookie (unless that bookie happens to be Sar, and will put the line at 5).

All League

SAR I
    but you do need the money if it comes from someone who's net worth is above 3M? That makes a lot of sense.

or were you indicating you wanted to bet 3M? If that's the case, you're simply stupid.

or were you trying to find a way to brag about your supposed net worth? just out of curiousity, is it really only 3M? and you're acting like you're set for life? Dude, you could SO use the money...you don't know what you're missing.

All Pro

SAR I
    what a crock of s***. it's not about the money and you know it. i'm in a couple fantasy football leagues like a lot of people here. you think i need the $200 if i win it? is that why people do fantasy football? the money? put your pride, ego, and name on the line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

IT'S A CONSPIRACY! A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!

No way the entire news, print, and digital media has it right.

No way the entire fanbases of 31 other NFL teams have it right.

No way ex-pro football players have it right.

No way diehard Jets fans on call-in shows have it right.

No way 82,500 season ticket holders have it right.

Nope. They're all wrong. But you've got it right. It's a conspiracy! The media is out to get us! Let me know when you've found our 12th win. Hope you're out there looking hard for it.

SAR I

So see you on Sunday at Metlife? I'll be on the Jet sideline, wave if ya see me. What will you be wearing? (-;

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    After awhile, all the anti-Jets talk just gets kinda lost in the background (for me). I mean, you realize that we could go 11-5 and have the #1 ranked D and everyone would just say that we overachieved or that the season was a fluke.

There's always gonna be anti-Jets talk, so you just gotta let it go.

They will say, the Pats had a down year, the new rules really helped the Jets, if it wasnt for other teams HAVING to practice for the Wildcat or Tebow Packages, the Jets wouldnt had won as many games. Etc..

EVERYONE inlcuding some Jets fans are hoping we fail.

I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE FANS.

I will always believe ! (until we are mathematically eliminated).

Haters never deal out any credit anyways. So i dont expect it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    So see you on Sunday at Metlife? I'll be on the Jet sideline, wave if ya see me. What will you be wearing? (-;
    He'll be wearing the Eli Manning jersey and the Tom Brady baseball hat.