Thread: Rich Cimini article : X's, O's & crystal ball ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Arrow Rich Cimini article : X's, O's & crystal ball ~ ~ ~

Not a bad article, although two of his negatives can very well be positives.

No proven pass rush (proven being the key word here)

between Wilkerson, Maybin, Ellis and Coples they should be fine in this area.

While Landry and Bell aren't exactly know as cover safeties they are a MAJOR upgrade over what we had last year.

Hall Of Fame

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

While Landry and Bell aren't exactly know as cover safeties they are a MAJOR upgrade over what we had last year.
    After seeing some of the hits Landry made - and Bell looks physically similar - I think hard hits are a fine substitute for amazing coverage ability. Sure, I'd like 4 Revis on the field, but receivers are going to feel a lot different coming across the field this year than last.

Leonhard was a tackler. Smith could hit, but it seems Landry's ability to do so while in coverage is better. I think this safety issue worked out about as well as Jets fans could have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    After seeing some of the hits Landry made - and Bell looks physically similar - I think hard hits are a fine substitute for amazing coverage ability. Sure, I'd like 4 Revis on the field, but receivers are going to feel a lot different coming across the field this year than last.

Leonhard was a tackler. Smith could hit, but it seems Landry's ability to do so while in coverage is better. I think this safety issue worked out about as well as Jets fans could have expected.
    +1 100% Leonard and smith could both tackle but neither could cover for balls (smith being worse than leonard there, although a better "hitter")

Landry is only viewed as less of a coverage safety and more of an enforcer because he's got 28 inch arms and haunts WRs in their dreams.

I love how Cimini lists Bell and Landry as weaknesses in the cover scheme but says that landry will be in the pro bowl consideration lol. That being said, pretty even tempered article for Cimini.

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    Cheers : Malone Takes Over Punting Job

> http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...0-267b7eed11f8