Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I should have gotten a KENMORE, *****es!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have gotten a KENMORE, *****es!!!!

My 9.5 yr old Whirlpool Duet is on the PUP list. Makes a funny thumping noise with a slight burning smell.

Almost like drunk Timmmy going after underground bee hives. Or something like that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    My 9.5 yr old Whirlpool Duet is on the PUP list. Makes a funny thumping noise with a slight burning smell.

Almost like drunk Timmmy going after underground bee hives. Or something like that.

I just remembered that I never answered your PM. Sorry. I have no power to grant your request.

Yet.

ps Sorry about your washer. Lost mine 7 years ago and the pain never really goes away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 12 yr old Maytag washer and dryer. Showing their age, but still kicking.

Not looking forward to the day when these war horses need to be replaced. I feel your pain.

Have you checked Consumer Reports for a best possible replacement?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

F Whirlpool!

Bought a Cabrio about 5 years ago...and within a year...was leaking all over my basement. The cause, you ask?

A quarter got into the water pump. THe cheap plastic pump.

Cracked it swirling around in there.

I heard it, but had no idea what the noise meant. The repair guy was like "oh you cant leave stuff in the pockets". I know that...but the average consumer will leave something in one pocket....especially with kids...you try, but you always miss something.

Then he told me....three weeks for the pump. W-T-F.

I called PC Richards, whom I will never use again, and told them I will stand in front of their store every day with a sign unless they deliver a brand new machine to my house...which they did.

Several times since then, I had to turn over this machine, disconnect the water pump and empty out an errant dime, penny or nickel I heard thumping around in the pump..

I am currently on week two of no machine because the computer went...hitting a laundrymat every day....and still awaiting the part to come in.

Every appliance I bought in the last five years (whole kitchen too) has an extensive repair history, with crappy response from the vendors/repair company.

In addition to the washing machine, we waited 7 weeks for a part on a 5 year old broken Bosch dishwasher to come in. Guy might come friday I heard.

I'm fine with this crap, but my wife is losing her friggin mind, and Im paying for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that a washer or a dryer. If that's a dryer and you're getting a burning smell,
    clean out the exhaust hose between the dryer and your wall. There's also be a place in the dryer that needs to be cleaned out as well. Different locations for different models.

I was getting a burning smell and the exhaust hose was pretty clogged. Went away after I cleaned it.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 09-04-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    hitting a laundrymat every day

laundromat?
    :shuttersskeevily"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Washer. Just found a bunch of melted plastic shavings in there. I'm pretty sure that's not good.

I've actually fixed this myself twice before with the help of the INternetz and repairclinic.com. This is an order of magnitude more difficult and due to its age, not sure its worth it.

If you call service, DON'T use A&E. My God - 2 hours of pusihg me to sign a service contract. Wanted me to buy it with a credit card BEFORE I get to see the written terms. WTF? Seriously? How about no.

shakin: no problem. Already have had a few interviews and sending out my resume. I've had enough of govt work so I"m eager to leave where I am now....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    F Whirlpool!

Bought a Cabrio about 5 years ago...and within a year...was leaking all over my basement. The cause, you ask?

I heard it, but had no idea what the noise meant. The repair guy was like "oh you cant leave stuff in the pockets". I know that...but the average consumer will leave something in one pocket....especially with kids...you try, but you always miss something.

I called PC Richards, whom I will never use again, and told them I will stand in front of their store every day with a sign unless they deliver a brand new machine to my house...which they did.

Several times since then, I had to turn over this machine, disconnect the water pump and empty out an errant dime, penny or nickel I heard thumping around in the pump..

I am currently on week two of no machine because the computer went...hitting a laundrymat every day....and still awaiting the part to come in.

Every appliance I bought in the last five years (whole kitchen too) has an extensive repair history, with crappy response from the vendors/repair company.

In addition to the washing machine, we waited 7 weeks for a part on a 5 year old broken Bosch dishwasher to come in. Guy might come friday I heard.

I'm fine with this crap, but my wife is losing her friggin mind, and Im paying for it.

That's some funny ****

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I have a 12 yr old Maytag washer and dryer. Showing their age, but still kicking.

Not looking forward to the day when these war horses need to be replaced. I feel your pain.

Have you checked Consumer Reports for a best possible replacement?
    year 14 for me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    That's some funny ****
    Particularly since it's '32...cuz ya know...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    F Whirlpool!

A) Shouldn't quarters and dimes get left behind in the wash tub, and not the water pump? WLF kind of design is that? I'm constantly pulling change out of the bottom of my washers tub.

B) Oh good God, the wrath of an Irish wife - pissed at something, take it out on someone else. Infest homage, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    year 14 for me
    Decent machines, those Maytags, and they weren't any more or less expensive than an average washer/dryer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    32Green trying out a few jokes for his new pals at the Laundromat

"Where's the Scissors" bit went over poorly

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jeebus, like I was there.

Sometimes I have her around on a leash like a pitbull when a repair dude comes around in case the guy gives me some lip.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Front loading machines. "Save water...spend more than you save on repairs"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Front loading machines. "Save water...spend more than you save on repairs"
    I've heard from a few people they're not impressed with the front loaders.

Can you get top loaders anymore?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I've heard from a few people they're not impressed with the front loaders.

Can you get top loaders anymore?
    They can smell awful too. You have to use this stuff that cleans the mold and mildew out from the door seals.

I just bought a top loader a few months ago...GE with a stainless tub. Can barely hear the thing running.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can smell awful too. You have to use this stuff that cleans the mold and mildew out from the door seals.

I just bought a top loader a few months ago...GE with a stainless tub. Can barely hear the thing running.
    didn't you basically swindle a washer/dryer from one of your customers? i seem to recall this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    didn't you basically swindle a washer/dryer from one of your customers? i seem to recall this.
    Yes indeedy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    PK, the dude you want next to you if you go to a bar for beers or nuclear apocalypse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I clean mine with bleach. But it doesn't stop the smell from invading my towels especially. Two showers and I smell like i forgot to put deodorant on.