Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: The Media

  1. #1

    The Media

    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH

  2. #2
    It just seems to me like they don't have much else to cover and the easy way out so they can get home is to slap together another negative jets story with something Rex said at some point, about half the time taken out of context.

  3. #3
    sports talk radio is trash except for scott ferrell and newspapers are trash except for the times

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    Winning cures all ills. we haven't won.

  5. #5
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?
    The guilty party isn't the media, it's the Jets. Add these things up, you'll see what I mean:

    2008-2011

    HC always predicting Super Bowls.
    HC on back pages in humiliating personal situations.
    HC culture allowing players to be lippy in the media.
    GM constantly obtaining "Hot Free Agent Flavor Of The Month".
    GM constantly adding players of questionable moral fiber.
    NYG knocks Jets out and wins Super Bowl.
    NYJ 0-3 fail and offseason backstabbing.

    2012

    HC says he'll be quiet.
    HC doesn't stay quiet.
    HC says he'll take the target off the players backs.
    HC says "best Jets team ever" puts targets on players backs.
    GM extends Mark Sanchez.
    GM then obtains Tim Tebow.
    HC says "Tebow to get 20 plays per game."
    Owner says "Can't have enough Tim Tebow".
    NYJ hire new offensive coordinator, predict great things.
    NYJ fail to score a single TD in three preseason games.

    It's self-inflicted.

    SAR I

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    OMG you're a pathetic troll

    You just don't know when to STFU

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH
    Great post, great thread.

    It's a disgrace.

    The worst part, there are soo many fans that buy into a lot of what the media and radio talk shows spew about, these same fans are easily influenced and don't realize the media and shock jock radio hosts are either clueless or have a blantant agenda to do what they do.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The guilty party isn't the media, it's the Jets. Add these things up, you'll see what I mean:

    2008-2011

    HC always predicting Super Bowls.
    HC on back pages in humiliating personal situations.
    HC culture allowing players to be lippy in the media.
    GM constantly obtaining "Hot Free Agent Flavor Of The Month".
    GM constantly adding players of questionable moral fiber.
    NYG knocks Jets out and wins Super Bowl.
    NYJ 0-3 fail and offseason backstabbing.

    2012

    HC says he'll be quiet.
    HC doesn't stay quiet.
    HC says he'll take the target off the players backs.
    HC says "best Jets team ever" puts targets on players backs.
    GM extends Mark Sanchez.
    GM then obtains Tim Tebow.
    HC says "Tebow to get 20 plays per game."
    Owner says "Can't have enough Tim Tebow".
    NYJ hire new offensive coordinator, predict great things.
    NYJ fail to score a single TD in three preseason games.

    It's self-inflicted.

    SAR I
    When will this TROLL be banned?

    I'd rather have 2 Tx's on this site than this a-hole and his pathetic insecure attention seeking schtick!

  9. #9
    I understand we haven't won, I understand our HC is a big mouth'ed braggot who is completely offensively challenged, however, considering the fact that this team has not had a losing season since 2005, and it's track record over Ryan's tenure, there is no excuse to be rude and completely disrespectful. That insulting, ridiculous NY Post back page yesterday was all of that, and, I sincerely believe the Jet organization deserves an apology mor retraction from the NY Post for printing that garbage. How can an editor of a major NY newspaper allow that to go out when the team is technically tied for first place with a 0-0 record, and hasn't lost a game yet? I do not remember the mid 90's (too many drugs) but did anyone run anything like that after 1-15 with RK? I cannot wait to see what happens if the Jets start winnig games. What are all of these hypocritic a-holes going to say then?

    Bottom line, the NY Post has equated themselves to the National Enquirer and every other Supermarket tabloid. They are a rag and can not be taken seriously after running that crap.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,787
    I haven't seen a single ounce of respect given to the Jets from the ratings-driven national media members.

    However, objective sources like football outsiders paints a more favorable prediction:
    9.5 wins and a wild card birth for the Jets:
    http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ra...oa-projections

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The guilty party isn't the media, it's the Jets. Add these things up, you'll see what I mean:

    2008-2011

    HC always predicting Super Bowls.
    HC on back pages in humiliating personal situations.
    HC culture allowing players to be lippy in the media.
    GM constantly obtaining "Hot Free Agent Flavor Of The Month".
    GM constantly adding players of questionable moral fiber.
    NYG knocks Jets out and wins Super Bowl.
    NYJ 0-3 fail and offseason backstabbing.

    2012

    HC says he'll be quiet.
    HC doesn't stay quiet.
    HC says he'll take the target off the players backs.
    HC says "best Jets team ever" puts targets on players backs.
    GM extends Mark Sanchez.
    GM then obtains Tim Tebow.
    HC says "Tebow to get 20 plays per game."
    Owner says "Can't have enough Tim Tebow".
    NYJ hire new offensive coordinator, predict great things.
    NYJ fail to score a single TD in three preseason games.

    It's self-inflicted.

    SAR I
    Mostly true. You bring in Tebow, expect to be treated as a clown team as the move made zero football sense. Rex said he wouldn't talk, but then he started again. All the negativity the Jets have brought upon themselves. They used to be "loveable losers" to the average football fan. Now they're hateable and the loser part remains to be seen (although seems likely based on roster and preseason).

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH
    I've given you a lot of **** over the years for being Mr. Negative, but this is, by far, your best post ever.

    Good job.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The guilty party isn't the media, it's the Jets. Add these things up, you'll see what I mean:

    2008-2011

    HC always predicting Super Bowls.
    HC on back pages in humiliating personal situations.
    HC culture allowing players to be lippy in the media.
    GM constantly obtaining "Hot Free Agent Flavor Of The Month".
    GM constantly adding players of questionable moral fiber.
    NYG knocks Jets out and wins Super Bowl.
    NYJ 0-3 fail and offseason backstabbing.

    2012

    HC says he'll be quiet.
    HC doesn't stay quiet.
    HC says he'll take the target off the players backs.
    HC says "best Jets team ever" puts targets on players backs.
    GM extends Mark Sanchez.
    GM then obtains Tim Tebow.
    HC says "Tebow to get 20 plays per game."
    Owner says "Can't have enough Tim Tebow".
    NYJ hire new offensive coordinator, predict great things.
    NYJ fail to score a single TD in three preseason games.

    It's self-inflicted.

    SAR I
    Ok so the HC predicted Super Bowls and lets be honest in 2 straight seasons they came within 2 or 3 plays of getting there.

    Personal situations have nothing to do with wins or losses - he did not get arrested for shooting some one or even assualting someone. HCs are human - just ask Bill Bellichekck sister-inl;aw how human he is.

    NYG knocked jets out - but lets not forget they also beat Dallas, Atlanta, GB in GB and SF in SF. It is not like they beat the Jets and waited for the opponenet to be named in the Super Bowl.

    Does Rex make headline yes definitley, but we have had more meaningfull football since 2009 than we had with Parcells, Groh, & Mangnini. Herm is the exception as he did get the team to the playoffs 3 times in 5 seasons.


    And lastly no one is if forcing anyone to be a fan. There are 31 other teams out there that can use more fans. Ever wonder if the Brown fans talk so baddly about there team? Or the Lions prior to the past two seasons? No you never hear about the fans turning on them.
    Maybe fans shoudl look at themselves as well!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH


    This post belongs in the Opinions section of a local newspaper. The only thing I can't agree with is Steven Smith. Hate him, won't listen to one minute of that guy. If you watch 15 min. of that ESPN show he does with Bayless you will see he's all schtiick and no knowledge of any, any sport excpet basketball which I hate. Burress!!! The guy trashed our QB and orginization after giving him 3 million.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH
    you can't find a single media source that's entertaining for you and positively biased for the Jets?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH
    Great post. I can tell it took a lot of time and thought and I thought it deserved the "thumbs up"

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I admit, I am one of, if not the biggest pessimist on this board when it comes to our Jets. I admit there were parts of last season that watching our team play made me wish the season were over, and I admit watching them this past preseason was also tedious at best, however, I wish to take issue with the NY sports media regarding their constant and unrelenting evisceration of the NY Jets team and organization....BEFORE they have ever lost a real game. Have these guys lost all sense of reality and professionalism? As bad as things went last season, they won 8 games, where do they get off using such terms as "Clowns", "Laughing Stock", and "Joke" in reference to a 0-0 football team?

    First of all, this is mostly or in most part due to Rex Ryan's Ralph Kramden BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG mouth over his first 3 years and all of his idiotic predictions and braggadocio, but facts are facts, this coach has not had a losing season with the NY Jets, has 2 AFCC game appearances in 3 years and 4 playoff wins. For them to be painted as clowns like the NY Post did today, and the way radio media is portraying them is obscene, ridiculous, and totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion. I really think the NY Post owes the NY Jets a public apology for that insulting, disgusting back page today. That was an absolute disgrace. I get it, the media is bored with baseball because baseball in itself is boring, so they have to make radio theater.

    Today listening to Stephen A Smith and Ryan Ruccho sent me over the top. Now I like Stephen A Smith, he brings a lot of passion to sports and the things he talks about, however, today he was all over the Jets because they have 7M in cap space and have not called Plaxico Burress to come back, because he is a big receiver and could teach Stephen Hill how to be a big receiver. As I said I like Smith, but in this case, he is out of his friggin mind. First off, one who is fortunate enough to survive cancer does not go out and deliberately bring it back into his or her body. I firmly believe that Burress was responsible for most of, if not all of the offensive strife in the locker room last season and I would not want him within 500 country miles of Stephen Hill. Applause to Tannenbaum for sticking by his guns when he said "no chance of Burress coming back". Good riddance. I have my issues with Tannenbaum, but in this instance he did the right thing.

    Kay & LaGreca as well, always talking about Tebow and Sanchez being a QB controversy. I go to LA Fitness in Lake Success every night and listen to them on the way and every time I get in the car at 4:30pm, there they are blabbing about Tebow/Sanchez. I love these guys on the radio too, but really, had they watched the preseason games that they seem to think count for so much, they would realize that there is not nor will there ever be a QB controversy involving Tim Tebow on this team, and would also have seen that Tim Tebow stinks as a QB. Great runner, stinks as a QB/thrower. Unfortunately, they are not the only media members talking about this.

    What are all of these experts going to do if the Jets win the SB? What are all of these a$$holes on the radio going to say if they Jets happen to win the AFC East, or make the playoffs at 9-7 and win a round or two? Stranger things have happened after all, we will have a decent (at least) defense that will keep us in games, again, we do not know yet what even the D will b, but it looks to be solid. I am in no way saying they are not going to be good, they may be great, we will see. Nothing would please me more that this organization winning it's way into the post season and sticking it up each and every member of the NY Media's fanny.

    I myself believe they will either win the SB or finish 3-13, it is that kind of "we just don't know" team, but one thing I am not going to allow myself to do is buy into the psychobabble the media is spewing about this team and it's management, I mean how the hell would they know what this team will be when I bet the CS does not know yet? One thing I will say is, I really believe we have enough play makers on offense to be competitive if the o line protects our QB. To me, this is the difference between 10-6 and 3-13-the O Line. We won 8 games last year and we are only down 1 cancerous aging receiver. Again, the o line.....

    I guess the point of this is to tell the NY media that I as a fan of the NY Jets am disgusted at them for their non stop bashing and criticism of a team that has yet to step on the field of play for real. I feel they need to back off because they are losing listeners/readers. I have ceased listening to ESPN radio for the foreseeable future. I stopped listening to WFAN months ago because of their seemingly endless anti NY Jets campaign lead by king blow hard the cheeseburger man.

    ASH
    ASH

    I love this post!!

    Your post sums how I am feeling as well.

    I for one don't even seek out articles and such because it is filled with nonsense on the Jets, nor do I listen to WFAN or ESPN radio anymore.

    Before while there may not have been as much coverage of the team at least what coverage there was, was football related.

    Now it is just nonsense and worse repetitive....

  18. #18
    Ask yourself this - if you covered the NFL and didn't root for the Jets, what would you say about this roster and how the organization conducts itself?

    If you rooted for the Giants (or another non-AFC East team), how would you look at the Jets?

    Trust me, it wouldn't be positive...

  19. #19
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Ok so the HC predicted Super Bowls and lets be honest in 2 straight seasons they came within 2 or 3 plays of getting there.

    Personal situations have nothing to do with wins or losses - he did not get arrested for shooting some one or even assualting someone. HCs are human - just ask Bill Bellichekck sister-inl;aw how human he is.

    NYG knocked jets out - but lets not forget they also beat Dallas, Atlanta, GB in GB and SF in SF. It is not like they beat the Jets and waited for the opponenet to be named in the Super Bowl.

    Does Rex make headline yes definitley, but we have had more meaningfull football since 2009 than we had with Parcells, Groh, & Mangnini. Herm is the exception as he did get the team to the playoffs 3 times in 5 seasons.

    And lastly no one is if forcing anyone to be a fan. There are 31 other teams out there that can use more fans. Ever wonder if the Brown fans talk so baddly about there team? Or the Lions prior to the past two seasons? No you never hear about the fans turning on them.
    Maybe fans shoudl look at themselves as well!
    The subject isn't "what makes a good fan".

    The subject is "why does the media treat us so disrespectfully".

    The answer is "it's self-inflicted".

    Jets fans aren't turning on the team; we are merely disappointed.

    SAR I

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,169
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The subject isn't "what makes a good fan".

    The subject is "why does the media treat us so disrespectfully".

    The answer is "it's self-inflicted".


    SAR I
    Exactly.

    Media is two-way street. When you are an open book, you have to take the good with the bad.

    The issue is we have gone from one extreme to another with Mangini and Rex. I think most fans would prefer a happy medium and I think that would lead to better media coverage. If you keep them out and are a losing team they will smear you. If you let them see EVERYTHING they will write about everything.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us